Former Chief Justice of India Altamas Kabir passed away on Sunday afternoon.
West Bengal News
Former Chief Justice of India Altamas Kabir passed away at a Kolkata hospital after suffering from prolonged illness on Sunday afternoon.
Former Chief Justice of India Altamas Kabir is in a critical condition and is undergoing treatment at Kolkata's Apollo Hospital.
Three persons have been arrested for their alleged involvement in the violence at a private hospital in the southern part of the city following the death of a patient there.
A day after the creation of a new Kalimpong district in West Bengal, state Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today said that her government would showcase it on the lines of Darjeeling.
Despite its earlier announcement of boycotting the entire budget session, the Congress today returned to the West Bengal Assembly, but staged a walkout protesting against the eviction of Leader of Opposition Abdul Mannan by marshals from the House last week.
A group of nearly 100 men attacked the Calcutta Medical Research Institute with metal rods breaking down the front door and ransacking the reception area.
A 13-year-old girl was allegedly hacked to death by a youth after she rejected his advances at Chakchaka village in Alipurduar district
Two persons were arrested after the body of a boy, who was missing since February 8 was today found at Jahangirpur in Nadia district.
The Congress leader fell sick during the scuffle and was taken to a hospital.
Leader of Opposition in the West Bengal assembly Abdul Mannan, was shifted out of intensive care of a private hospital here on Saturday.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today said her government was against any job cut even for loss making state-owned enterprises.
Metro rail service in the city was partially disrupted for nearly two hours this morning after an AC rake was halted due to a technical snag putting commuters into trouble.
West Bengal opposition leader Abdul Mannan, who was taken ill during a scuffle with the security staff in the state assembly, was shifted to the Apollo Gleneagles Hospital on Thursday,
West Bengal's Advocate-General Jayanta Mitra on Tuesday resigned following difference of opinion with the state government.
The Supreme Court on Monday granted bail to Saradha chit fund scam accused Manoranjana Sinh.
The Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Thursday said it has attached properties worth over Rs 60 crore here belonging to former union minister Matang Sinh in connection with the multi-crore rupee Saradha Group chit fund scam.
Mamata had earlier questioned the February 1 date for the Union Budget.
The situation in West Bengal's Bhangar, which was on the boil last week due to violent protests over the "forcible land acquisition" for a power grid project, became tense again on Thursday as villagers protested the arrest of a woman CPI-ML Red Star leader.
A man wanted in a case of trafficking of Fake Indian Currency Notes (FICN) has been arrested by NIA officials from West Bengal's Malda area.
A 35-year-old man was arrested on Wednesday with arms and ammunition in a special raid carried out in view of beefed-up security on Republic Day eve from Sripur village here, police said.
A woman was critically injured after she was allegedly thrown out of a running train by unidentified miscreants near Haroa station in North 24 Parganas district of West Bengal, the GRP said today.
Border Security Force personnel on Tuesday arrested two smugglers from West Bengal's Malda district for illegal possession of 3.6 kg of opium, officials said.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Monday said truth should come out regarding the mysterious disappearance of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose.
Three Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) terrorists, including two Pakistani nationals, were sentenced to death by a West Bengal fast-track court on Saturday for plotting subversive strikes in Kashmir.
CBI on Wednesday said that the arrest of two TMC leaders in connection with the Rose Valley ponzi scam was not related to the party's vehement opposition to demonetisation and was merely "co-incidental".
South 24 Parganas` Bhangar is on the boil since last week over "forced" acquisition of 16 acres of farmland by the state government for Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd.
Clashes broke out between two factions of the ruling Trinamool Congress at Bhangor today over the project land and police had to intervene to keep the situation under control.
In the Rose Valley scam case, the CBI has arrested Sudip Badyopadhyay and Tapas Pal, MPs of Trinamool Congress, which is in power in West Bengal.
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Pakistan claims to kill 100 terrorists after suicide bomb attack in Sindh Dargah
- Panel discussion on Priyanka Gandhi calling PM Modi an outsider in UP
- UP Assembly Elections: Over 61% turnout in phase three polling
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Bengaluru: Report on evolution of poisonous froth in Bellandur lake
- Analysis of injustice in Delhi bomb blast case - Report
- Violent chaos in Tamil Nadu Assembly during floor test
- DNA: Analysing the daredevil aerobatics, fighter jets from Aero India Show 2017
- DNA: NonStop News
- Analysing the credibility of Pakistan's claim for operating against terrorists - Part II
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- IND A vs Australia, Warm-up tie, Day 3 - As it happened
- Malayalam actress Bhavana allegedly kidnapped, molested; driver held
- IPL 10: RPS owner Sanjeev Goenka reveals reason behind replacing MS Dhoni with Steve Smith as captain
- Neil Nitin Mukesh's reception: Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif, Iulia Vantur and other B-Towners make it a starry affair!
- IPL 2017: Mahendra Singh Dhoni replaced as Rising Pune Supergiants captain; Australia's Steve Smith named new skipper
- SpaceX blasts off Falcon 9 rocket from NASA launchpad
- BWF Rankings: Ace shuttler PV Sindhu becomes second Indian to break into top 5
- Shah Rukh Khan wins hearts once again, arranges food for hungry beggar! - Watch