A man was killed and his friend critically injured on Tuesday after a train hit them while taking a selfie near a railway crossing in Kalyani in Nadia district, a GRP official said.
West Bengal News
Expressing solidarity with Rohingya Muslims of Myanmar, Shia cleric Maulana Shabbir Ali Azad Warsi threatened to overthrow the central government over their deportation.
People across West Bengal observed on Tuesday the auspicious occasion of Mahalaya, which heralds in Durga Puja.
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee had on September 4 asked the departments to return the funds they had failed to utilise so that the government could utilise it for other development purpose.
North Kolkata's Kashi Bose Lane Durga Puja Committee has reportedly themed its puja on 'How music resonates in our lives and surroundings'.
According to police, the girl's classmates on Saturday found blood oozing from her arm and told the school authorities about it.
The STF of the Kolkata Police has arrested Burhan Sheikh, the absconding suspect in the Khagragarh blast case, from a hideout in the central parts of the city.
Superintendent of police P Sudhakar said Tushar Kanti Das of BSF 64 Battalion had spotted the minitruck at Gaighata in the morning and had given it a chase on a cycle along with a local.
A minor fire broke out near a boarding gate at Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport on Thursday.
The explosion happened at the Teen Kapati Pool under the jurisdiction of Manikpur police station yesterday evening when Ali was closing the shop, the officer said.
Banerjee's expulsion from the party points towards a deepening feud between the Sitaram Yechury camp and the Prakash Karat camps
While authorities are taking every step to save children from falling pray to dangerous online game Blue Whale, a college student in Burdwan district of West Bengal has become its latest victim.
The CBI on Wednesday interrogated Trinamool Congress leader and former West Bengal minister Madan Mitra in connection with the Narada tapes scam.
The Russian Centre of Culture called the first such all-faith meeting here at Gorky Sadan yesterday.
BJP president Amit Shah on Wednesday had lunch at the house of a BJP worker in north Kolkata's Cossipore.
Several people were killed, many injured and their property destroyed, Amit Shah alleged, targeting the Mamata Banerjee-led government in the state.
West Bengal Tourism Minister Goutam Deb on Monday said: "We are hopeful of resolving the deadlock. People of Darjeeling do not want strike."
Shah said the BJP has seen a lot of growth in recent years, but has not reached its saturation point yet.
A large number of shops were open in the Darjeeling hills today braving threats and intimidation by the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM).
It will be displayed at R K Beach at Visakhapatnam, where the submarine INS Kursura is placed.
PM Modi would be addressing a student leaders` convention on the theme of `Young lndia, New India -- A Resurgent Nation: from Sankalp to Sidhhi` in New Delhi.
In an audio message, Gurung said the central government should immediately begin tripartite talks on Gorkhaland.
In Kolkata, there was no rainfall recorded in 24 hours till 8.30 am this morning.
The blaze started in the paediatric medicine department at around 10 am.
West Bengal Governor Keshri Nath Tripathi on Wednesday said there is a need to bring back the feeling of patriotism.
West Bengal`s Mamata Banerjee government on Wednesday carried out a small reshuffle, replacing Agriculture Minister Purnendu Basu with Asish Banerjee.
Other than Gurung, the warrants were issued against his wife Asha Gurung, GJM General Secretary Roshan Giri, party`s youth wing head Prakash Gurung and Chief Convenor of the Gorkhaland Movement Coordination Committee Kalyan Dewan.
Almost a day after RSS was forced to cancel an event that was scheduled to take place at a Kolkata's state-fun auditorium, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Wednesday was compelled to call off a major rally planned for its president Amit Shah here next week.
With an objective to bring normalcy back in Darjeeling, West Bengal Tourism Minister Goutam Deb took out a peace rally at Garidhura area, near Kurseong, on Wednesday.
Trinamool Congress lawmaker Sougata Roy appeared before the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in connection with the Narada case on Wednesday.
- America flies fighter jets over North Korea amid rising tensions
- Watch: Marshal of the Indian Air Force (Late) Arjan Singh's state funeral
- Dawood Ibrahim's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested by Mumbai police
- IAF Marshal Arjan Singh laid to rest with full state honours
- Arrested Al-Qaeda terrorist's Rohingya connection discovered
- Pakistan a terror-manufacturing unit: India at UN
- Ryan International School, Gurugram reopens today after 7-year-old's murder
- Refugees or terrorists: This is how Pak is using Rohingyas against India
- Shocking! Two students kept hostage at Jagdalpur school
- Ivanka Trump meets External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj
- Yogi Adityanath, deputy CMs take oath as MLCs
- Ground report: Ceasefire violations wreaking havoc in Jammu villages
- Thane court sends Dawood's brother Iqbal Kaskar to 8-day police custody
- Five months after suspending the process of H-1B visas, US resumes operation
- Rohingyas a serious security threat, residing in India illegally: Centre tells SC
- Mumbai: 55-year-old mother gets her own son killed for sexually abusing her
- Manish Tewari posted abusive tweet against PM Modi on Sonia, Rahul instruction: BJP
- Heavy rains, lightning hits Mumbai; BMC on alert
- Dean Jones gets brutally trolled for his 'India needed rain to win' tweet
- MS Dhoni catches up on sleep at Chennai airport, Twitter is in love
- Seeking a job at NASA? This is what you're signing up for
- Pakistan a terror manufacturing unit: India at UN
- 'Ghumane waala daal': Stump mic reveals how MS Dhoni leads Team India from behind
- Can Sunil Grover and Ali Asgar be a part of TKSS again? Kapil Sharma’s response will make you happy
- Yuzvendra Chahal takes a dig at Steve Smith, says two new balls were an 'advantage' for Australia
- Virat Kohli is responsible for MS Dhoni's recent transformation, says Sourav Ganguly
- Rohingyas are a serious security threat, staying in India illegally, Centre tells Supreme Court
- Maya Kodnani was not present in Naroda Gam on day of riots: Amit Shah tells court
- Ryan student murder case: I saw Pradyuman's blood-stained bag, bottle, says traumatised classmate
- Suspected ISI agent arrested for threatening woman colonel