One person was killed and two others were injured when the motorbike in which they were travelling crashed into a divider near Uluberia today, a police officer said.
West Bengal News
Beef dealers in West Bengal wish to meet Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee to apprise her of the "harrowing situation" in the state due to the crackdown on slaughterhouses in Uttar Pradesh, a representative said on Tuesday.
External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj said on Sunday that the government will take up the case of a 79-year-old German man who has been lodged at a Kolkata hospital even after being discharged as no one came forward to take him back.
Seven people were killed and two others injured in a major road accident in Kanksa area of Burdwan district in West Bengal on Sunday.
A storm in the wee hours on Saturday claimed one life, damaged crops and mud huts across four blocks in Malda district, a top district official said.
It's a big boost for Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in Tripura.
A local CPI-M leader was brutally killed in West Bengal's South 24 Parganas district, police said on Thursday. The CPI-M blamed the ruling Trinamool Congress for the crime.
A veteran physician committed suicide by jumping in front of a local train allegedly because he was not getting his salary at his Hooghly district hospital.
The BJP in West Bengal today organised a rally on the Narada issue and demanded resignation of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, saying she has lost the moral right to continue in office "as she tried to defend the tainted ministers and her party leaders".
Seven persons, including two kids and three women, died in a road accident on Wednesday when their car was crushed under a tanker in West Bengal`s Burdwan district, police said.
The Supreme Court on Tuesday rejected plea of TMC leaders Suvendu Adhikari and Saugata Roy for SIT probe monitored either by apex court or HC in the Narada sting matter.
A Hindutva group has lodged a police complaint against noted poet Srijato Bandyopadhyay for allegedly hurting "Hindu sentiments and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath" in a Facebook post.
Five persons have died and several others admitted to hospital over the last three days after they consumed spurious liquor in West Bengal's South 24 Parganas district, a police officer said on Tuesday.
The CBI has registered preliminary enquiry in connection with the Narada sting tapes in which several Trinamool Congress leaders were allegedly caught on camera taking money.
Four persons were arrested after 10 human skeletons were found in a house in West Bengal`s Burdwan district on Monday, the police said.
The anti-corruption wing of the CBI today said it would submit the preliminary report of the inquiry into the Narada sting operation to the Calcutta High Court, if asked to do so.
Demanding the arrest of those purportedly figuring in the Narada sting footage and the Sarada chit fund scam, the state`s Left Front heavy-weights on Monday.
The CBI has registered a preliminary enquiry into Narada sting operation that purportedly showed TMC leaders taking bribes.
The CPI(M) on Monday demanded that West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee be brought under the purview of CBI investigations into Narada and Saradha scams.
RSS on Sunday accused the West Bengal government of remaining a mute spectator to attacks unleashed by Islamic fundamentalists in the state and appeasing the 'jihadis'.
The Opposition today demanded resignation of Mayor Sovan Chatterjee on Narada issue when he presented the budget for 2017/18 at the Kolkata Municipal Corporation.
Opposition parties in West Bengal today welcomed the Calcutta High Court order on Narada sting operation and demanded immediate removal of "tainted" ministers from the state Cabinet.
The sting operation purportedly showed over a dozen TMC leaders including MPs, state ministers and former ministers accepting bundles of cash in return for doling out favours to a fictitious company.
Security authorities were on Thursday thrown in a tizzy after a bomb scare at the Calcutta High Court premises.
An elderly man lodged a police complaint on Thursday after a private hospital report in West Bengal mentioned existence of "uterus" and "ovary" in the ultrasonogram (USG) report of his abdomen.
Aiming to recreate the BJP's stellar UP show in Bengal rural polls next year and 2019 Lok Sabha elections, the BJP in the state is taking tips from their counterparts in Uttar Pradesh and has prepared a three-pronged strategy to emerge as the main contender of the ruling TMC.
A newborn baby was allegedly abducted by an unidentified woman from a government hospital in Kolkata on Tuesday, triggering protests, including a road blockade in the city's heart.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday congratulated winners in the assembly polls and advised the losers to not lose heart.
West Bengal Panchayat and Rural Development minister Subrata Mukherjee today welcomed the latest decision of the Centre not to deprive children, without Aadhaar cards, benefits of Mid-Day Meal and said good sense had prevailed at long last.
Acting on specific a tip-off, the police on Wednesday recovered at least 100 crude bombs from a toilet of a house here, a senior police officer said.
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Till when will politicians play the 'appeasement' card to pacify minorities?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Why are Muslims considered a minority in J&K despite major population share?
- Why is the decision of closing slaughterhouses being opposed?
- Meat sellers in UP on indefinite strike after govt's actions against illegal slaughterhouse
- 30 passengers injured as tourist bus hits divider on Noida Expressway
- CM Yogi Adityanath reaches Gomti riverfront to meet officers and review reformative works
- Nigerians beaten up by locals in Greater Noida
- Indian taxi driver racially abused, attacked in Australia
- UP: Meat sellers go on strike against ban on slaughterhouses
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'
- IND vs AUS, 4th Test, Day 4 - As it happened...
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Huge blow for Arvind Kejriwal ahead of MCD elections, AAP MLA Ved Prakash joins BJP
- Two orphans from Rajasthan discover Rs 96,000 in demonetised notes at home, urge PM Narendra Modi for help
- Highly religious people, atheists are least fearful of death, say scientists!
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni one of the popular names to be ignored for Padma awards by government: Report
- Watch: Bhuvneshwar Kumar sends Steve Smith's off-stump cart-wheeling in Dharamsala
- Watch: Ravindra Jadeja gives brilliant answer to Matt Renshaw's sledging on Day 3 of Dharamsala Test
- Shakti devotees Narendra Modi, Yogi Adityanath begin 9-day Chaitra Navratri fast