It's a big boost for Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in Tripura.
West Bengal News
A local CPI-M leader was brutally killed in West Bengal's South 24 Parganas district, police said on Thursday. The CPI-M blamed the ruling Trinamool Congress for the crime.
A veteran physician committed suicide by jumping in front of a local train allegedly because he was not getting his salary at his Hooghly district hospital.
The BJP in West Bengal today organised a rally on the Narada issue and demanded resignation of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, saying she has lost the moral right to continue in office "as she tried to defend the tainted ministers and her party leaders".
Seven persons, including two kids and three women, died in a road accident on Wednesday when their car was crushed under a tanker in West Bengal`s Burdwan district, police said.
The Supreme Court on Tuesday rejected plea of TMC leaders Suvendu Adhikari and Saugata Roy for SIT probe monitored either by apex court or HC in the Narada sting matter.
A Hindutva group has lodged a police complaint against noted poet Srijato Bandyopadhyay for allegedly hurting "Hindu sentiments and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath" in a Facebook post.
Five persons have died and several others admitted to hospital over the last three days after they consumed spurious liquor in West Bengal's South 24 Parganas district, a police officer said on Tuesday.
The CBI has registered preliminary enquiry in connection with the Narada sting tapes in which several Trinamool Congress leaders were allegedly caught on camera taking money.
Four persons were arrested after 10 human skeletons were found in a house in West Bengal`s Burdwan district on Monday, the police said.
The anti-corruption wing of the CBI today said it would submit the preliminary report of the inquiry into the Narada sting operation to the Calcutta High Court, if asked to do so.
Demanding the arrest of those purportedly figuring in the Narada sting footage and the Sarada chit fund scam, the state`s Left Front heavy-weights on Monday.
The CBI has registered a preliminary enquiry into Narada sting operation that purportedly showed TMC leaders taking bribes.
The CPI(M) on Monday demanded that West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee be brought under the purview of CBI investigations into Narada and Saradha scams.
RSS on Sunday accused the West Bengal government of remaining a mute spectator to attacks unleashed by Islamic fundamentalists in the state and appeasing the 'jihadis'.
The Opposition today demanded resignation of Mayor Sovan Chatterjee on Narada issue when he presented the budget for 2017/18 at the Kolkata Municipal Corporation.
Opposition parties in West Bengal today welcomed the Calcutta High Court order on Narada sting operation and demanded immediate removal of "tainted" ministers from the state Cabinet.
The sting operation purportedly showed over a dozen TMC leaders including MPs, state ministers and former ministers accepting bundles of cash in return for doling out favours to a fictitious company.
Security authorities were on Thursday thrown in a tizzy after a bomb scare at the Calcutta High Court premises.
An elderly man lodged a police complaint on Thursday after a private hospital report in West Bengal mentioned existence of "uterus" and "ovary" in the ultrasonogram (USG) report of his abdomen.
Aiming to recreate the BJP's stellar UP show in Bengal rural polls next year and 2019 Lok Sabha elections, the BJP in the state is taking tips from their counterparts in Uttar Pradesh and has prepared a three-pronged strategy to emerge as the main contender of the ruling TMC.
A newborn baby was allegedly abducted by an unidentified woman from a government hospital in Kolkata on Tuesday, triggering protests, including a road blockade in the city's heart.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday congratulated winners in the assembly polls and advised the losers to not lose heart.
West Bengal Panchayat and Rural Development minister Subrata Mukherjee today welcomed the latest decision of the Centre not to deprive children, without Aadhaar cards, benefits of Mid-Day Meal and said good sense had prevailed at long last.
Acting on specific a tip-off, the police on Wednesday recovered at least 100 crude bombs from a toilet of a house here, a senior police officer said.
Border Security Force (BSF) on Tuesday recovered 13 gold biscuits weighing 1518.910 grams worth Rs. 45, 07,365/- from the border outpost of Amudia.
One person was killed and 80 others were injured when a bus overturned in Jalpaiguri district today.
The CID has arrested the head of a child protection agency in Darjeeling and a member of a child welfare committee on charges of selling babies and children, some to foreigners, through questionable adoption deals.
In a shocking find, a pregnant woman, on an outing with her daughter, found a deep-fried lizard in a serving of fries at a McDonald's outlet in the city.
Fake Indian currency with a face value of around Rs 57 lakh in new Rs 2,000 denomination notes was seized and five persons were arrested here on Thursday, a senior Kolkata Police officer said.
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- BMC serves notices to 500 senior doctors on strike, asks to resume work
- Terror attack outside British Parliament, several injured
- DNA: Heroes of surgical strike receives gallantry award
- Delhi doctors wear helmets to work in support to their counterparts in Maharashtra
- PoK residents protest against Pakistan’s move to make Gilgit-Baltistan its fifth province
- Why terror attacks are increasing in European countries
- DNA: Analysing the problem of water scarcity in India
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath
- The Kapil Sharma Show: Raju Srivastava to replace Sunil Grover?
- Why the name of an Andaman island a matter of shame for Indian patriots? - BJP MP has an answer
- Kapil Sharma case: Bombay HC stays FIR against comedian, directs BMC to resolve dispute
- SUDDEN INSPECTION! What happened when Yogi Adityanath paid surprise visit to Hazratganj police station
- Baby born with rare condition labelled 'alien' by shocked mom who refused to nurse him
- VIRAL VIDEO: Here's what some Muslims did when Yogi Adityanath became UP CM
- UK Parliament attack: Four including assailant dead, at least 20 injured