West Bengal Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Dilip Ghosh on Friday reiterated his controversial statement, saying those who will oppose "Bharat Mata ki jai" and "Jai Sri Ram" slogan will be relegated to history.
West Bengal News
Seasonal thunderstorm swept across various parts of the city and suburban areas disrupting train services and blocking major roads by uprooting trees on Saturday evening.
With two more persons succumbing to their injuries since the late hours on Friday, the toll in the crude bomb explosion in West Bengal`s Birbhum district has risen to nine, police said on Saturday.
An eight-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a cab driver inside a vehicle in southern part of the city.
West Midnapore Superintendent of Police (SP) Bharati Ghosh said a probe is on and they will also examine the suicide note.
At least seven people were killed and several others injured in a crude bomb explosion in West Bengal`s Birhum district on Friday, police said.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee was On Friday re-elected as the chairperson of the All India Trinmool Congress for six years.
The CBI on Monday filed an FIR against 13 people, including senior TMC leaders who were purportedly seen taking money, in the Narada case.
The Vice President of the Republic of Mauritius Paramasivum Pillay Vyapoory today visited Ramakrishna Math and Mission headquarters at Belur Math and paid obeisance at the temples here.
At least two students were killed and ten were injured after a truck hit their auto-rickshaw on the Northern Highway 60 in the West Midnapore district of West Bengal.The accident took place near Bhadutala of Salboni Police station.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Wednesday accused the BJP and its sister organisations of distorting her views and opinions and misleading the people by using fake accounts on social media.
Trinamool Congress supremo and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Wednesday decided to field party candidates in the 2018 Odisha urban local bodies elections.
Union Textiles Minister Smriti Irani on Wednesday said BJP's progress in the recent Kanthi Dakshin assembly by-polls indicated the "declining popularity" of West Bengal's ruling Trinamool Congress (TMC) and other political parties.
Reacting to an FIR lodged by the CBI in the Narada sting case, West Bengal Rural Development Minister Subrata Mukherjee on Tuesday said he has a lot to say on the issue but is keeping quiet under party instructions.
Twelve TMC leaders have been booked by the CBI for corruption in the Narada sting case.
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Friday said that the BJP does not want to run the country on the basis of caste or religion, but of humanity and justice.
Union Water Resources Minister Uma Bharti on Friday held herself responsible for the appointment of Mamata Banerjee as the West Bengal Chief Minister, adding the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) will form the next government in the state with absolute majority.
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Friday advised his BJP`s West Bengal unit not to pay attention to the "false propaganda" by the Left Front and the Congress about any "secret understanding" between his party and the state`s ruling Trinamool Congress.
A group of students was taking selfies near the door of an EMU train when suddenly one of them fell down from it and was killed between Liluah and Belur railway stations on Thursday.
Calcutta High Court judge Justice C S Karnan on Thursday asked Chief Justice of India J S Khehar and six other Supreme Court judges to appear before him at his residential court on April 28.
Protesters blocked railway tracks at Nungi and Akra stations in Sealdah-Budgebudge South section disrupting movement of local trains.
It's been a bumpy ride for a 65-year-old yellow cab driver, Gazi Jalaluddin. A good student who was forced to give up formal education due to poverty, he now runs two schools and an orphanage in his native Sundarbans, ensuring a smoother journey for the underprivileged in a land at the mercy of the rivers.
Counting for the by-election for Kanthi Dakshin Assembly in East Midnapore district is underway on Thursday.
The BJP on Wednesday disowned a youth leader who triggered outrage by offering Rs 11 lakh to anyone who beheads West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
A middle-aged woman suffering from paralysis was found dead at her house here, police said on Wednesday, adding a murder case has been filed against her husband following her son's complaint.
Demanding the immediate arrest of leaders of West Bengal`s ruling Trinamool Congress leaders allegedly involved in the Saradha and Narada scams, the BJP`s state unit took out a rally here on Wednesday afternoon.
In its bid to expand its sphere of influence, the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) -- the ideological parent of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) that rules at the Centre -- has zeroed in on West Bengal as its next big target, contending the situation in the state is "unprecedented".
The Calcutta Beef Dealers' Association plans to meet the Kolkata civic body regarding a change in cow slaughter timings to check illegal abattoirs in the city.
The Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) on Tuesday warned West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee to "mend your ways", and accused her of dividing and oppressing the Hindus and kindling separatism among Muslims.
Last week, the Calcutta HC had to step in to ensure that a group of residents in Kolkata was given permission to perform Ram Navami puja.
- DNA: This is how tribal people of MP can help tackle stone pelters in Kashmir
- Al-Qaeda chief Ayman al-Zawahiri hiding in Pakistan with ISI's help
- Project Ghatak: All you need to know about India's stealth combat drones
- MCD elections: Report on voting conditions in different areas around Delhi
- Cheating in examination center in Madhya Pradesh - Watch
- Why did CM Yogi opt for Sulkhan Singh as new UP DGP? - Report
- MCD elections: Voting begins on 270 seats in Delhi
- Shocking! Punjab ASI gets dragged along with car to catch drug peddler
- Maj Gen (Retd) Somnath Jha pays tribute to 21,000 martyrs by cycling for 12,000 km
- National-level player Shumaila gets triple talaq for giving birth to a girl
- What influences stone pelters in Kashmir to go against army officials?
- DNA: Analysing how government's move of prescribing generic medicines would help public
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show : Why is honesty important for success?
- Kashmir crisis: J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti meets PM Modi
- West Bengal BJP President Dilip Ghosh gives threatening statement in rally
- IPL 2017, KKR vs RCB: Fuming Virat Kohli gives an earful to match official after getting out for golden duck — WATCH
- LG G6 India launch today: Here's everything you need to know
- Alien hunters spot possible tree stump on Mars, say it points towards existence of vegetation on Red Planet!
- 7th Pay Commission: Final report on allowances in next few days, maximum HRA likely to be Rs 60,000
- Mehbooba Mufti meets PM Narendra Modi, says no talks until stone-pelting, retaliation by security forces ends in J&K
- MS Dhoni unleashes trademark 'helicopter shot', hits Bhuvneshwar Kumar for a six – Watch Video
- Reliance Jio plan Vs Airtel, BSNL, Idea – These could be your best bet
- Sonu Nigam posts ‘Azaan’ video on Twitter, says 'good morning India' – Watch
- IPL 2017: Mahendra Singh Dhoni silences critics with marvellous knock, helps Pune beat Hyderabad in last ball — WATCH
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Pakistan's ex-President Pervez Musharraf reveals what he thinks of PM Narendra Modi and UP CM Yogi Adityanath
- Michael Clarke picks India's ICC Champions Trophy XI; Ajinkya Rahane, Rohit Sharma in as openers
- WATCH: Ball boy steals the show at Mumbai-Delhi IPL match, takes a breathtaking catch
- Nawazuddin Sidduiqui’s DNA test report reveals his true religion – WATCH
- IPL 2017, Match 27: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata Knight Riders — As it happened...
- Aadhar for cattle? Centre proposes 'Unique Identification Number' for each cow, progeny