Hardik, 59 others booked for rioting at BJP corporator's house
Ahmedabad: Hardik Patel, the convener of Patidar Anamat Andolan Samiti and 59 people have been booked for alleged rioting at a BJP corporator's house here in the wee hours today, police said.
Eleven people have been arrested so far in this connection. Police are on the look out for Hardik and the other accused, they said.
The Patel quota agitation leader, who was booked in two sedition cases in Ahmedabad and Surat and is currently out on bail, allegedly trespassed into the house of Paresh Patel, the BJP corporator in Vastral, in the city, at around 2 AM along with 59 others, police said.
The group was upset as one of their members, Kunal Patel, was arrested yesterday for allegedly posting an objectionable message on the social media, an official at Ramol Police Station said.
The group allegedly vandalised Paresh's house and even set on fire a BJP flag as they reportedly believed that the FIR was registered at the behest of Paresh, police said.
An FIR was filed against Hardik and others under sections 147 (rioting), 142, 143, 149 (unlawful assembly), 435(mischief by fire or explosive substance with intent to cause damage), 452 (house-trespass after preparation for hurt, assault or wrongful restraint) and 120 (criminal conspiracy) of the IPC, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what