Taliban kill 3 soldiers in attack in south: Afghan official
Kandahar: An Afghan official says the Taliban have attacked a military checkpoint in a southern province, killing three Afghan soldiers.
Provincial spokesman Dost Muhammad Nayab says the attack took place in Uruzgan province on Monday morning and that four other soldiers were wounded in the attack.
Nayab says 13 Taliban were also killed in the battle, which took place on the outskirt of Tirin Kot, the provincial capital.
A provincial security official gave a different toll, saying 10 soldiers were killed in the attack. He spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorised to talk to the media. The discrepancy in the casualty toll could not immediately be resolved.
The Taliban did not comment on the attack. The insurgents frequently attack Afghan security forces across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what