A volcano in the Galapagos Islands erupted for the first time in more than 30 years Monday, spilling streams of bright orange lava and raising fears for the world`s only colony of pink iguanas.
Iraq Monday rejected accusations by the US defence chief that its security forces dodged battle in Ramadi and lack the will to fight the Islamic State group.
Ukrainian security agents today seized documents at the Kiev headquarters of Italy's UniCredit bank as part of a probe aimed at cutting off the suspected illicit financing of pro-Russian rebels in the separatist east.
The US President Barack Obama called the fallen US soldiers "a debt we can never fully repay" during a visit to the Arlington National Cemetery.
Nordic air force exercises simulating a UN peacekeeping mission got underway in Sweden`s sub-Arctic north on Monday, the Swedish armed forces said.
An Emirati woman on trial over two alleged jihad-inspired attacks against Americans, including killing a teacher, was aware of her actions the court said Monday, citing a medical report.
The Irish vote in favour of gay marriage constitutes "a defeat" that highlights a gap between the Church and modern society, the Vatican newspaper said Monday.
Spain faced a dramatically changed political landscape today after voters in local elections abandoned traditional parties, with anti-austerity groups topping polls in Barcelona and possibly taking power in Madrid.
US Vice President Joe Biden today sought to end an embarrassing rift between Washington and Baghdad after Pentagon boss Ash Carter blamed Iraqi forces for the fall of Ramadi.
Three Moroccan men accused of homosexuality have been sentenced to three years in jail each by a court in north-eastern Morocco, a rights group said on Monday.
At least 11 people were killed today when a tornado tore through a Mexican town along the US border, officials said.
Turkey and the US have agreed in "principle" to provide air protection to Syrian rebels being trained and equipped to fight Islamic State militants, once they enter Syrian territory for battle, Turkey's foreign minister said.
At least three persons, including two minority Shia Muslims, were killed and six others injured in separate firing attacks in Pakistan's southern Baluchistan province today in what appeared to be sectarian violence.
Beijing has more than 30,000 surveillance cameras to help curb "immoral" and illegal activities, making the Chinese capital a highly-monitored city.
An Asian mother who fell from a fourth-floor apartment and her two young children, apparently stabbed, were found dead in Val-de-Marne southeast of Paris on Monday, witnesses and officials said.
Tens of thousands of Saudi Shiites on Monday held a mass funeral for the victims of a mosque bombing which authorities called an attempt by Sunni extremists to sow sectarian strife.
Abuja: Boko Haram fighters hacked to death 10 people in remote northeast Nigeria, a local government official saidon Monday, as the military claimed to have thwarted a fresh attack.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu today named Dore Gold, a seasoned diplomat seen as reluctant to make concessions to the Palestinians, as his director general of foreign affairs.
US President Barack Obama paid a Memorial Day tribute to America's "fallen heroes" on Monday, stressing the heavy burden of perennial wars and underscoring his decision to pull troops from Afghanistan and Iraq.
At least four people were killed in a blast in the Syrian government stronghold of Latakia on Monday, but there were conflicting reports about what caused the explosion.
The remains of Burkina Faso`s slain former president Thomas Sankara and 12 of his colleagues who were assassinated during a coup d`etat in 1987 began to be exhumed on Monday.
A Tunisian soldier opened fire on fellow troops at a military barracks in the capital today, killing seven people before he was himself killed, a spokesman for Tunisia's Defence Ministry said.
At least two lawyers were killed today in clashes with police when an anti-encroachment drive turned violent in Punjab province's Daska city, forcing authorities to deploy paramilitary forces to contain the unrest.
A Chinese archaeological team has uncovered scores of relics as it wrapped up its 40-day underwater excavation today in the?disputed?South China Sea.
May 25 Police in the southern German region of Bavaria say their biggest-ever helicopter rescue operation saved 14 Indonesian students who misjudged the weather during a spring hike in the Alps.
Sudanese security forces seized today print runs of nine newspapers and suspended the publishing licences of four of them in a major media crackdown, editors and an NGO said.
Thailand has set up a task force on a floating naval base equipped with medical facilities to help Rohingya Muslim migrants found adrift in Thai waters, Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-Ocha said today.
Petro Poroshenko, dubbed "Chocolate King" for owning Ukraine`s largest confectionery manufacturer Roshen, has failed to turn into a true Ukrainian president, Andrei Zolotarev, the head of the Kiev-based analytical Third Sector Centre, said on Monday.
Boko Haram fighters hacked to death 10 people in a remote village in northeast Nigeria, a local government official said.
A demonstrator was shot dead and two others wounded in southern Burundi on Monday, a local official and witness said, in one of the first confirmed reports of civil unrest erupting outside the capital Bujumbura.
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues