Pope Francis and Russian Orthodox Patriarch Kirill embraced and kissed on Friday in a historic meeting, uniting to issue a global appeal for the protection of Christians under assault in the Middle East.
The suspected link between the Zika virus and two neurological disorders, the birth defect microcephaly and Guillain-Barre syndrome, could be confirmed within weeks, the World Health Organisation (WHO) said on Friday.
Pope Francis and Russian Orthodox Patriarch Kirill, during a historic meeting Friday, called for restored Christian unity and urgent action to help Christians threatened by violence in the Middle East.
Pope Francis and Russian Orthodox Patriarch Kirill kissed each other and sat down together Friday for the first meeting between their two branches of the church in nearly a thousand years.
At least five United Nations peacekeepers were killed and some 30 others injured in an attack on a UN base in northern Mali, UN chief Ban Ki-moon said today.
US Vice President Joe Biden and Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko spoke by phone for the second consecutive day on Friday to discuss the need for Kiev to quickly pass reforms needed for a $17.5 billion International Monetary Fund bailout.
Authorities found dozens of knives, cocaine and flat-screen televisions at the Mexican prison where a brawl killed 49 inmates, officials said today, highlighting the control drug cartels hold over many penitentiaries.
The bipartisan measure would slap sanctions on any person or entity importing goods, technology or training related to weapons of mass destruction into North Korea.
On Thursday anti-corruption crusader Navalny announced he had filed a lawsuit against Putin, accusing him of ordering huge loans to a firm owned by the president`s son-in-law.
The incident occurred in an isolated area of the school campus, Glendale police Sergeant David Vidaure said in a statement.
Syria`s President Bashar al-Assad has vowed to retake the entire country but warned it could take a "long time," in an exclusive interview with AFP that comes as international pressure grows for a ceasefire.
Some 100,000 Syrian refugees are being looked after in camps inside Syria close to the Turkish border, including 35,000 who this month fled a Russian-backed regime offensive in northern Aleppo province, a top Turkish official said on Friday.
Daughter installed a CCTV camera at her mum’s apartment in Buenos Aires, Argentina, but was not expecting to see the horrific level of abuse.
Pakistan's Foreign Secretary Aizaz Ahmed Chowdhary said the waiver by the NSG created an opportunity for India to heavily increase its fissile material stocks.
ESI Media said it was also selling off the "i" -- a cut-price sister title -- to fund the website of The Independent, which was set up in 1986.
In a barbaric assault on the poor man, the ISIS enforcers cut off his right hand with a meat cleaver.
Myanmar President U Thein Sein on Friday called for cooperation among all stakeholders to transform the nation into a modern, developed and democratic one.
Sixteen people were killed on Friday in air strikes against towns in Syria`s central province of Homs, a monitor group reported.
A powerful 6.5-magnitude earthquake struck eastern Indonesia late Friday, but no tsunami warning was immediately issued, US seismologists said.
Suspected Islamist militants attacked a U.N. peacekeepers` base in the northern Mali town of Kidal on Friday, killing several people and wounding others, a spokesman for the separatist Coordination of Azawad Movements (CMA) told Reuters.
South Africa`s President Jacob Zuma on Friday mocked the opposition, dismissing it as "useless" and ignorant after rowdy radical lawmakers disrupted his parliamentary address and walked out.
Pope Francis headed to Cuba on Friday looking to heal a 1,000-year-old rift in Christianity.
The first round of voting in Benin`s presidential elections, scheduled for the end of this month, has been postponed by a week to March 6, the country`s constitutional court has said.
It may very well be plausible that officials from within the ISI facilitated the 2008 Mumbai terror attack, a Pakistani daily said and noted that Pakistani-American David Coleman Headley `s testimony has really not revealed as much as the Indian government would have been hoping.
Following a seperation of almost seventy years, the World War II veteran Norwood Thomas will be celebrating this Valentine’s Day with his pre-World War II girl friend Joyce Morris, 88.
Britain said Friday it believes a Hong Kong bookseller feared detained by China was "involuntarily removed to the mainland" in its strongest comments yet on a case that has rocked the city.
President Bashar al-Assad`s regime and rebel forces have accused each other of using chemical agents in the nearly five-year war that has killed more than 250,000 people.
South Korea warned North Korea on Friday that it had acted "illegally" in freezing the assets of South Korean companies and staff expelled from the jointly run Kaesong industrial zone.
A jury on Thursday found a rookie New York police officer guilty of manslaughter in the 2014 fatal shooting of an unarmed black man -- an incident that fueled US protests against police tactics.
South Korea said on Friday that North Korea would be held responsible for any consequences after the North kicked out South Korean workers and froze the assets of companies at the jointly run Kaesong Industrial Complex.
- JNU shouts anti-nationalist slogans; nation questions intent
- Ishrat Jahan was LeT terrorist, reveals David Headley
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Siachen braveheart Lance Naik Hanumanthappa passes away
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches three new services for train passengers
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- More sexual harassment complaints against TERI's RK Pachauri
- Odd-even formula to be back in Delhi from April 15
- Afzal Guru row: Why not action against supporters at JNU?- Part III
- Japanese student spotted cleaning garbage in Delhi
- Afzal Guru row: Why not action against supporters at JNU?- Part II
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'
- Siachen braveheart Hanumanthappa passes away; India mourns
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Watch: Mother puts her triplets and toddler to bed – Viral video
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni's playing XI: Can Pawan Negi find a place in 2nd T20I against Sri Lanka
- Odd-even scheme to return from April 15-30 in Delhi; VIPs, women to be exempted: Kejriwal
- 2nd T20I: India vs Sri Lanka 2016 - Preview
- 'Pakistan zindabad' slogans at JNU: Rajnath Singh, Smriti Irani to order action against 'anti-nationals'?
- Viral Video: Australian Usman Khawaja filmed repeatedly squeezing teammate's bottom during national anthem