Myanmar leader Aung San Suu Kyi has rejected a suggestion she is soft on the military, which the United Nations has accused of ethnic cleansing, saying her relationship with the generals was normal and her objective was national reconciliation.
Facebook is reportedly removing posts and suspending accounts of activists who are documenting the "ethnic cleansing" of Rohingya Muslims in Myanmar, Daily Beast has reported.
Indian External Affairs Minister (EAM) Sushma Swaraj has said that India will continue to work beyond the Paris Agreement.
Mr. Secretary General, Mr. President, world leaders, and distinguished delegates: Welcome to New York. It is a profound honor to stand here in my home city, as a representative of the American people, to address the people of the world.
At least 226 people died when a powerful earthquake of magnitude 7.1 struck central Mexico on Tuesday, toppling buildings in the heavily populated capital where rescuers searched rubble frantically for survivors.
A powerful, 7.1-magnitude quake hit Mexico on Tuesday.
US President Donald Trump escalated his standoff with North Korea over its nuclear challenge on Tuesday, threatening to "totally destroy" the country of 26 million people and mocking its leader, Kim Jong Un, as a "rocket man."
A powerful earthquake jolted Mexico City today, causing buildings to sway sickeningly on the anniversary of a 1985 quake that did major damage to the capital.
Divers have found a well-preserved wreck of a German submarine sunk during World War I in the North Sea which may have the bodies of its crew still on board, Belgian officials said Tuesday.
US President Donald Trump, who has threatened North Korea with "fire and fury" unless it changes course, will be in the spotlight on Tuesday when he delivers his maiden address.
The bodies of 17 civilians apparently fleeing violence in the troubled North Kivu province of the Democratic Republic of Congo were found in Lake Edward, a local official said today.
In a Bizarre Development here at the 72nd Session of the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC), the Pakistan Government has accused the Swiss Government of supporting terrorism.
Pakistan's central bank has allowed the government-owned Bank of China to begin operations in the country.
Global anxieties about a nuclear war are at their highest level in decades, UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres said Tuesday as he opened a gathering of world leaders dominated by the crisis with North Korea.
Donald Trump laid out his vision of a world order based on strong 'sovereign nations' rather than multilateral alliances in his first address to the UNGA.
A survey commissioned by the regional government in July showed 49.4 percent of Catalans were against independence while 41.1 percent were in favour.
The suspects, if convicted, could face up to 20 years in prison for conspiring to manufacture explosives.
Police have formally identified 60 of the victims, but painstaking forensic work to find human remains, some of them tiny fragments, among tonnes of debris inside the charred ruin is ongoing.
A military helicopter on a rural training exercise in western Russia mistakenly fired rockets at a group of parked vehicles, knocking at least one person to the ground, footage posted by Russian news sites and on social media showed.
Israel shot down a pilotless plane over the Golan Heights on Tuesday and said it was probably an Iranian-built aircraft on a reconnaissance mission for the Lebanese Hezbollah militant group along Israel`s frontier with Syria.
Myanmar leader Aung San Suu Kyi condemned on Tuesday human rights violations in Rakhine state and said violators would be brought to book, but she did not address U.N. accusations of a campaign of ethnic cleansing by the military.
Hurricane Maria, the second major storm to hit the Caribbean this month, crept toward the U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico on Tuesday after it ripped through the small island nation of Dominica, causing widespread devastation.
The police have identified a suspect who had vandalised a Gurdwara with hate messages and threatened to slit the throat of a witness who caught the incident on video in the US state of California.
The Policy Exchange study titled 'The NewNetwar' found that Britain also ranks fifth in terms of world audience for extremist content.
The Japanese government led by Prime Minister Shizo Abe has decided to install a new anti-missile system on Hokkaido island after North Korea tested two missiles that flew over its territory, a Defence Ministry official said on Tuesday.
Chinese Foreign Ministry said on Tuesday that threatening action or rhetoric cannot help resolve the deteriorating situation in the Korean Peninsula.
Five months after suspending the premium process of H-1B visas, the US has now resumed the process. The suspension has, however, been revoked subject to a limit mandated by the US Congress.
UN human rights investigators on Tuesday said they needed "full and unfettered" access to Myanmar to probe a grave and ongoing crisis, urging the government to rethink its rejection of the probe.
European companies suffer from "promise fatigue" over China's failure to follow through on pledges to open its market, the EU Chamber of Commerce in China said today.
Ousted Pakistan prime minister Nawaz Sharif today failed to appear before a court hearing corruption cases against him as he was in London to take care of his ailing wife.
- Dawood Ibrahim's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested by Mumbai police
- America flies fighter jets over North Korea amid rising tensions
- After Doklam stand-off, India, China head for water dispute
- Pakistan a terror-manufacturing unit: India at UN
- Refugees or terrorists: This is how Pak is using Rohingyas against India
- Arrested Al-Qaeda terrorist's Rohingya connection discovered
- Mumbai rains: Schools to be shut today; high tide alert issued
- Shocking! Two students kept hostage at Jagdalpur school
- Thane court sends Dawood's brother Iqbal Kaskar to 8-day police custody
- Ivanka Trump meets External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj
- Mexico's 7.1 magnitude earthquake kills above 140, search for survivors continues
- Yogi Adityanath, deputy CMs take oath as MLCs
- Ground report: Ceasefire violations wreaking havoc in Jammu villages
- Donald Trump threatens to destroy North Korea in first UNGA address
- Five months after suspending the process of H-1B visas, US resumes operation
- Mumbai: 55-year-old mother gets her own son killed for sexually abusing her
- Heavy rains, lightning hits Mumbai; BMC on alert
- Dean Jones gets brutally trolled for his 'India needed rain to win' tweet
- MS Dhoni catches up on sleep at Chennai airport, Twitter is in love
- Seeking a job at NASA? This is what you're signing up for
- 'Ghumane waala daal': Stump mic reveals how MS Dhoni leads Team India from behind
- Pakistan a terror manufacturing unit: India at UN
- Virat Kohli is responsible for MS Dhoni's recent transformation, says Sourav Ganguly
- Rohingyas are a serious security threat, staying in India illegally, Centre tells Supreme Court
- Make in India: US defence firms want control over technology, but no liability
- Suspected ISI agent arrested for threatening woman colonel
- Mumbai: Forecast gives hope, no more heavy rains likely
- Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah controversy: Producer Asit Modi, Munmun Dutta aka Babita clarify misunderstanding
- England vs West Indies, 1st ODI: Live score, live streaming, live telecast, time in IST
- Yuvraj Singh's mother hails Virat Kohli's fitness drive, says rules are same for everyone