Australia launched HMAS Hobart, the first of three destroyers, at the Port River wharf in Adelaide on Saturday, a milestone for the country`s Air Warfare Destroyer (AWD) programme, Australia`s Department of Defence said in a statement.
Saudi-led warplanes launched a fresh wave of air strikes across Yemen on Saturday targeting Iran-backed rebels as fighting raged on the ground in the south of the country, witnesses said.
Shortly after seizing power in a coup that followed months of debilitating street protests, Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha vowed to end Thailand's decade of political upheaval once and for all. In his words, "to bring everything out in the open and fix it."
Thousands gathered in San Salvador Saturday to celebrate the beatification of Salvadoran archbishop Oscar Romero, a divisive figure whose defense of the poor and repressed split both his nation and the Church.
Creating a record of sorts, an 11-year-old Indian-American schoolboy has surprised one and all by graduating from a California college with three associate degrees in maths, science and foreign language studies.
Fighting in south Somalia between al Shabaab militants and government forces killed at least 24 people, while a rebel attack in the capital killed three Transport Ministry workers, officials and the group said on Saturday.
Nigeria`s military on Saturday claimed the killing of scores of Boko Haram insurgents and the rescue of 20 more hostages during an operation in the notorious Sambisa forest, an Islamist stronghold.
Iraq`s Deputy Prime Minister Saleh Mutlaq, a leading Sunni politician, on Saturday urged authorities to open the road to Baghdad for thousands of displaced from the rebel-seized city of Ramadi.
A number of Syrian opposition factions will gather in Cairo next month to form a new coalition as an alternative to an exiled West-backed alliance, officials said Saturday.
Nigeria's military today claimed the killing of scores of Boko Haram insurgents and the rescue of 20 more hostages during an operation in the notorious Sambisa forest, an Islamist stronghold.
An Egyptian court acquitted 17 people on Saturday over taking part in an unsanctioned demonstration earlier this year that saw a young mother shot to death in downtown Cairo.
Australian Foreign Minister Julie Bishop has said that Indonesian officials have informed the Australian Government that most of the migrants stranded on the seas are illegal labourers from Bangladesh and not oppressed Muslim Rohingyas.
As hundreds of cheering Irish people waving rainbow flags celebrated Ireland's apparent vote to allow gay marriage on Saturday, one lesbian couple had particular cause to celebrate as they finalise their wedding plans.
China is contributing 600 personnel, including 49 from the military, to multinational disaster relief exercises in Malaysia, the first time it has taken part in such an effort, the Defence Ministry said today.
An Egyptian court on Saturday acquitted 17 people of charges related to a street protest earlier this year, judicial sources said, a rare decision since Egypt introduced a strict protest law in late 2013.
China`s President Xi Jinping struck a friendly tone on relations with Japan Saturday, but touched on disputes over history which still add to tensions between the East Asian giants.
The United Nations envoy on Libya says that Islamic State extremists can "become a very serious threat" in the country within months if rival governments fail to reach a unity deal.
Saudi Arabia`s top Sunni cleric on Saturday branded a deadly attack on Shi`ite Muslims a bid to sow chaos, after villagers targeted in the bombing vented their anger at what they saw as the Sunni-dominated government`s indifference to their safety.
Police in Austria say five people were killed when their car was hit by a train at a railroad crossing.
Negotiators from Taiwan and China have met for talks on a range of issues in an attempt to maintain momentum for the forging of closer ties in the face of a skeptical Taiwanese public.
Ethiopia, Africa`s second-most populous country, readied Saturday for the first general election since the death of strongman Meles Zenawi, whose successor Hailemariam Desalegn is all but certain to stay in office.
At least 11 Turkish police officers were injured in clashes with Islamist demonstrators in the Kurdish-majority southeast who were protesting the death sentence given by an Egyptian court to former president Mohamed Morsi, the provincial governor said Saturday.
Islamic State group fighters have entered the museum in the ancient Syrian city of Palmyra, placing guards at its doors, the country`s antiquities director Mamoun Abdulkarim said Saturday.
At least 24 people were killed in southern Somalia after fighting between al Shabaab Islamist militants and government forces, residents and the rebel group said on Saturday.
Police in Germany say six people are missing after a fire at a guesthouse in Bavaria.
Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev said Saturday that his government will adopt a "tough stance" if Ukraine defaults on its debt, which includes a $3 billion loan from Moscow.
United Nations officials in the Horn of Africa port of Djibouti said Saturday they had taken charge of the aid cargo carried by an Iranian boat headed for war-torn Yemen.
Syria`s President Bashar al-Assad has paid tribute to his army and a group of soldiers who escaped an almost month-long rebel siege, in comments which follow a series of regime losses.
Leaders of rival communities in ethnically-split Cyprus shared coffee and cake on Saturday in a symbolic gesture underscoring a thaw in relations over a conflict spanning decades.
The bodies of five Tunisian migrants trying to reach the Italian island of Lampedusa were recovered from the sea Saturday while 49 others were rescued, Tunisia`s coast guard said.
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe