Private radio stations Joy FM and Citi FM have projected a massive victory for Nana Akufo-Addo over President John Mahama.
There have been mass rallies every Saturday for the past six weeks calling for President Park Geun-hye to quit, and opinion polls show overwhelming public support for her impeachment.
Two men who planned to bomb a Shia prayer hall in Sydney and had threatened to stab people in the kidneys were sentenced today to 20 years in prison.
Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos travelled to Norway to receive the Nobel Peace Prize, together with representatives of the thousands of victims of the country`s half-century conflict, the media reported on Friday.
The National Assembly introduced the impeachment motion on Thursday, setting up a likely vote on Friday
The UN has urged Myanmar`s de facto leader Aung San Suu Kyi to visit northern Rakhine state, where the army is accused of carrying out a brutal crackdown on the Muslim Rohingya minority.
Donald Trump on Thursday vigorously defended his incoming cabinet against uproar from Democrats, green activists and workers unions who said his nominees for the environment and labor signalled a sharp shift to the right.
A 7.7 magnitude earthquake hit off the Solomon Islands early on Friday, triggering a tsunami warning in a wide area of the South Pacific.
The United States and Russia must broker an evacuation from east Aleppo, UN Syria humanitarian adviser Jan Egeland said on Thursday.
Britain's outspoken foreign secretary has claimed that UK ally Saudi Arabia was engaging in "proxy wars" in the Middle East, comments that Prime Minister Theresa May said do not represent Britain's position.
US Secretary of State John Kerry and Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov failed to make progress on a Syria truce in talks in Germany early Thursday, an American official said.
The region has been tense since violence erupted in northern Shan state in late November. Thousands of people have already fled their homes.
On Wednesday, Donald Trump selected Iowa Governor Terry Branstad, who has close ties to Chinese President Xi Jinping, as ambassador to China.
Beijing should also quickly deploy its intercontinental ballistic missiles to defend its interests if Trump tries to corner the country, AFP quoted the editorial as saying.
Both Health Minister Jonathan Coleman and Police Minister Judith Collins dropped out of the race after it became clear English had more support.
The shallow 6.5-magnitude quake levelled hundreds of homes, mosques, and businesses across Aceh province, one of the areas worst affected by the devastating 2004 tsunami.
The motion, which will be tested with a full vote of the National Assembly on Friday, accuses the president of constitutional and criminal violations.
Le Monde has an access to US whistleblower Edward Snowden's archive in partnership with news website The Intercept.
Pakistani actor Fakhr-e-Alam and model-turned-actress Urwa Hocane were among the first few celebrities who mourned for renowned singer and preacher Junaid Jamshed.
Syrian rebels in besieged eastern Aleppo called on Wednesday for an immediate five-day ceasefire and the evacuation of civilians and wounded.
All three extremists of 16 years-old at the time, allegedly set off a home-made bomb in April outside a prayer hall where a Sikh wedding was taking place, also leaving two others with lesser injuries.
Support for bans on 'Burkha' has been growing across Europe since France became first country to implement such a law in 2011, followed by countries including Belgium, Bulgaria and parts of Switzerland.
Airstrikes on rebel-held areas in the country's northwestern city of Idlib killed 25 people on Tuesday.
Mosques and shops were flattened in the small town of Meureudu, where the force of the quake sent people fleeing from their homes. No tsunami alert was issued.
President elect-Donald Trump has called for cancellation of a brand new 747 Air Force One, which is being built by Boeing.
Aceh lies on the northern tip of Sumatra island, which is particularly prone to quakes.
Angela Merkel on Tuesday was elected by CDU to lead the party into next year`s elections.
Bernard Cazeneuve will essentially be a caretaker prime minister ahead of the election in May.
The Syrian government said no ceasefire in Aleppo if rebel factions remain in the city.
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Demonetisation: Petrol pumps turn into cash counters
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Pakistan International Airlines plane crashes near Abbottabad
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Pro-poor schemes initiated by 'Puratchi Thalaivi' Jayalalithaa
- Bihar: Railway police seize 35 lakh in old currency notes from Jan Shatabdi Express in Gaya
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Jayalalithaa death shock killed over 70, claims AIADMK
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone cuts the price of 4G data by 50%
- Donald Trump named Time magazine's Person of the Year for 2016
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs
- Jayalalithaa used to give tips on skin care - Apollo Hospitals' medical staff recall Amma's stay
- PIA plane crashes near Abbottabad; singer Junaid Jamshed feared dead
- 'Mannargudi mafia' back in action? A common man can lead AIADMK, says Jayalalithaa's confidante Sasikala's husband
- SHOCKER: Bhuvneshwar Kumar floors umpire Paul Reiffel with 'wicketless' ball — WATCH
- Allahabad HC on triple talaq: Instant divorce is cruel, demeaning which impedes and drags India from becoming nation