The United Nations on Monday brushed aside Japanese complaints over Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon's plan to attend a military parade in Beijing, saying the World War II commemoration was an opportunity to reflect on the past.
Sweden hopes to reach a judicial cooperation deal with Ecuador by year's end that would pave the way for Swedish prosecutors to question WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange over a rape allegation, officials said on Monday.
US President Barack Obama said people who attack Jews who support the Iran nuclear deal are like African-Americans who differ with him on policy and then conclude he's "not black enough."
A woman who died last week in northern Sierra Leone tested positive for Ebola, the National Ebola Response Centre (NERC) said Monday, in a setback for the country`s bid to gain Ebola-free status.
A car bomb went off in Libya`s capital Tripoli on Monday in front of the headquarters of Mellitah, an oil and gas joint venture between Italy`s ENI and Libyan state oil firm NOC, witnesses said.
The US military has deployed two MQ-1 Predator surveillance drones and 70 airmen to Latvia for a two-week training mission aimed at reassuring European allies wary of Russia.
Trainloads of migrants arrived in Austria and Germany from Hungary on Monday as European Union asylum rules collapsed under the strain of a wave of migration unprecedented in the EU.
Hurricane Fred strengthened on Monday in the eastern Atlantic as it approached the Cape Verde islands but was forecast to weaken in the coming days, while the remnants of Tropical Storm Erika brought flooding to parts of South Carolina, according to US forecasters.
Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro is accusing enemies in Colombia of trying to assassinate him as both countries prepare to spar at the Organisation of American States over an increasingly tense border dispute.
A man who admitted in court to wanting to kill Jews was found guilty on Monday of murdering three people, including a teenage boy, outside two Jewish centres in Kansas last year.
The White House is considering a "wide array" of options for closing the US military prison in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, spokesman Josh Earnest said on Monday, declining to rule out executive action as an option.
A member of Ukraine`s National Guard was killed and scores of people were injured Monday in clashes between police and nationalist protesters in Kiev as lawmakers gave initial backing to a contested bill boosting autonomy in the country`s breakaway regions.
Now that Cuba has restored diplomatic ties with the United States, teaching English in schools will be a priority, the communist party newspaper Granma has reported.
Around 150 more of the e-mails that former US secretary of state Hillary Clinton kept on a private server have been retroactively deemed classified, the State Department said Monday.
Around 20,000 people demonstrated in Vienna on Monday against ill-treatment of migrants after the bodies of 71 refugees were found in an abandoned truck last week, police said.
Portraying a heart-wrenching scene, some images and a short video clip displaying an armed Israeli soldier trying to arrest an 12-year-old Palestinian boy with a broken arm in the West Bank went viral on social media.
A national guardsman was killed and nearly 90 others protecting Ukraine`s Parliament were wounded by grenades hurled from a crowd of nationalist protesters on Monday as lawmakers backed reforms to give more autonomy to rebel-held areas.
Canada`s Prime Minister Stephen Harper said on Monday the US-led coalition`s campaign against Islamic State was not doing as well as had been hoped in Syria and parts of Iraq.
A group of intrepid Syrian migrants have found a new, albeit long, way into Europe -- through Russia and into Norway`s Arctic, some of them cycling across the border.
The hunt for a group behind the Bangkok shrine blast narrowed Monday as police revealed they had two new suspects -- one of whom told AFP she was innocent and living in Turkey.
Suspected Boko Haram gunmen on horseback shot dead nearly 80 people in attacks on three villages in Nigeria's restive northeast at the weekend, a vigilante and residents said on Monday.
Ashley Madison, the embattled website catering to affair-seeking clients, on Monday rejected predictions that it will soon be forced to shutter its operations, saying its troubles have been "greatly exaggerated."
German Chancellor Angela Merkel on Monday said the refugee crisis facing Europe is testing the core ideals of universal rights at the heart of the European Union.
A 19-year-old, who went to his doctor complaining of a ear ache, was horrified when he was told that 26 cockroaches were living inside his ear.
Afghanistan's intelligence agency arrested 30 militants and Haqqani network activists during special operations on Monday, media reported.
A train that left Budapest for Munich at 0910 GMT with migrants on board is standing at the Hungarian-Austrian border at Hegyeshalom waiting for "authorities` action", Hungarian railway operator MAV told Reuters on Monday.
A regional governor in Poland said Monday he had serious doubts about the alleged discovery of a Nazi gold train days after a deputy culture minister revealed he was "more than 99 percent sure" one had been found.
Suspected Boko Haram gunmen shot dead nearly 80 people in separate attacks on three villages at in Nigeria`s restive northeast Borno state at the weekend, a vigilante and residents said Monday.
Six Congolese soldiers were killed on Monday in Democratic Republic of Congo`s North Kivu province, a region where Rwandan Hutu rebels are known to operate, regional and military sources said.
A blast rocked the ancient ruins in Syria`s Palmyra on Sunday but the site`s famed Temple of Bel appeared to be largely intact, Syria`s antiquities chief said.
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Blood diamonds: Dawood Ibrahim's latest business interest
- Top 25 news @12pm
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav hits out at Modi in Swabhiman rally
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi? - Part II
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30 pm
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack
- Indrani Mukerjea is my daughter, not step daughter: Upendra Kumar Bora
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!
- Dawood Ibrahim’s latest business interest is `blood diamonds`
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- PM Modi's 'Mann ki Baat': As it happened on August 30
- Vinod Kambli locks maid in room for three days for asking wages, FIR registered
- Richest terrorist group Islamic State, is now minting gold coins?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Kabir Khan got the 'best gift' from Salman Khan
- I feel people have more views than me: Arjun Rampal on divorce rumours