Turkey's president started campaigning on Saturday for constitutional reforms that would greatly expand the powers of his office, hours after a vote in parliament cleared the way for a national referendum on the issue.
French far-right leader Marine Le Pen urged European voters to follow the example of Americans and the British and "wake up" in 2017, at a meeting of right-wing leaders aiming to oust established parties in elections this year.
Hundreds of thousands of people flooded US cities Saturday in a day of women`s rights protests to mark President Donald Trump`s first full day in office.
A car bomb blast killed at least 11 people at a camp for displaced Syrians by the border with Jordan on Saturday, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights monitor said.
Donald Trump began his presidency with a series of seismic policy interventions.
Six Russian warplanes carried out airstrikes on Islamic State targets in Syrian province of Deir ez-Zor on Saturday, RIA news agency quoted the Russian defence ministry as saying.
Russian President Vladimir Putin's spokesman voiced hope for a constructive dialogue with President Donald Trump's administration in comments broadcast today, but warned that differences will remain.
Five people have been confirmed dead at the hotel demolished by an avalanche in central Italy this week, and nine survivors have been pulled from the rubble, the national fire service said on Saturday.
An assailant opened fire on a police car Saturday in Istanbul, just hours after two other attacks against the police and Turkey`s ruling party offices, media reports said.
One person was killed and 12 others were reported missing today when a Chinese fishing vessel capsized in East China Sea.
An explosion in a busy vegetable market killed at least 21 people on Saturday in Pakistan`s remote northwestern tribal region, an official said.
The Turkish parliament approved a constitutional reform bill overnight including strengthening the powers of the presidency, paving the way for a referendum expected in the spring which could see President Tayyip Erdogan in office until 2029.
At least 13 people were killed and 47 wounded when a bomb exploded in a market on Saturday in a mainly Shiite area of Pakistan`s northwestern tribal belt, officials said.
US President Donald Trump has given a makeover to the Oval Office within hours of moving in to the White House as he reinstalled a bust of former British prime minister Winston Churchill and introduced some other changes.
Within hours of taking the oath, new US President Donald Trump signed an executive order aimed at "minimising the economic burden" of Obamacare "pending repeal", to make good on one of his most impassioned campaign promises of dismantling his predecessor's healthcare law.
British Prime Minister Theresa May said on Friday that she believed US President Donald Trump "recognises the importance and significance of NATO", despite him days earlier dubbing the military alliance obsolete.
The new US Homeland Security Secretary Gen (retd) John F Kelly has vowed to preserve liberty and uphold rule of law in his position of having the mandate of country's internal security.
Barack Obama said the change didn`t happen from the top down but from the bottom up.
In an inaugural address that was a populist, anti-Washington rallying cry, Donald Trump vowed to pursue "America First" policies.
A rocket was fired near the police headquarters in Turkey`s largest city of Istanbul on Friday but missed the building and there were no reports of casualties, broadcaster CNN Turk said.
The Trump administration intends to develop a "state of the art" missile defense system to protect against attacks from Iran and North Korea, the White House said in a policy position posted on its website on Friday.
The strike took place just a day before the end of President Barack Obama`s presidency.
"Together, we will determine the course of America and the world for years to come," said Donald Trump.
US President-elect Donald Trump has expressed hope for improved relations between Washington and Islamabad, Pakistan's Ambassador to the US Jalil Abbas Jillani said on Friday.
Italian rescuers on Friday rescued a mother and son and located eight other survivors in the ruins of a mountain hotel, two days after it was buried under an avalanche.
Donald Trump took the oath of office in front of about 800,000 people who braved chilly weather to gather on the National Mall.
The Prime Minister said strength of the India-US strategic partnership "lies in our shared values and common interests".
Melania Trump`s Inauguration Day outfit had been the cause of much speculation.
Donald Trump's swearing-in on Friday was the 58th formal presidential inaugural ceremony since 1789, when US' first president George Washington was inaugurated.
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- DNA: Today in history, 20th January, 2017
- UP polls: Uncle Shivpal figures in Akhilesh Yadav's first list of 191 candidates
- Jallikattu: SC not to pronounce verdict for a week
- DNA: Will USA remain same under Donald Trump's leadership as President?
- Watch: Donald Trump's journey from a businessman to US President
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say
- Donald Trump faces massive protests ahead of his oath taking ceremony
- Jallikattu protest a lesson for Hindutva forces, Uniform Civil Code cannot be "imposed": Asaduddin Owaisi
- Zaira Wasim controversy: 'Dangal' star's posters burnt in Kashmir valley
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Donald Trump signs executive order against Obamacare on Day One
- Zaira Wasim involved in Twitter 'Dangal' with Sports minister Vijay Goel