Chancellor Angela Merkel`s office asked the US ambassador to come in Thursday to discuss new allegations of NSA spying, which threatened to drive a new wedge through transatlantic ties.
English lawmakers from constituencies in England will get veto powers over laws affecting their region rather than the whole of UK under a new proposal which also removes the ability of Scottish MPs to vote on issues that deal specifically with England.
British police on Thursday charged a 26-year-old woman with inciting terror through Twitter and membership of the Islamic State group, and arrested a 15-year-old girl on suspicion of preparing an attack.
A US Navy installation in Washington was given the all-clear Thursday after locking down for several hours over unconfirmed reports that an active gunman was on the loose, authorities said.
Tunisian security forces on Thursday broke up an alleged Islamic State (IS)-linked terrorist cell in the port city of Sfax and arrested three of its members, a radio station reported.
The British defence minister has appealed for political consensus while laying the groundwork for air strikes on Islamic State (IS) targets in Syria, saying the terrorists needed to be targeted "at source".
Islamic State militants are looting ancient sites across Iraq and Syria on an industrial scale and selling on treasures to middlemen to raise cash, Irina Bokova, the head of the U.N. cultural agency UNESCO said on Thursday.
French Finance Minister Michel Sapin warned on Thursday that if Greek citizens vote `No` in Sunday`s referendum regarding the country`s financial tailspin, it may well lead to Greece`s exit from the eurozone.
A French court on Thursday cancelled the suspension of veteran far-right leader Jean-Marie Le Pen from the National Front party which he founded.
The US National Security Agency (NSA) has been spying on the European Central Bank (ECB) and several German ministries, and also tapped telephone calls of German Chancellor Angela Merkel, according to documents cited on Thursday by several German media outlets.
Saudi Arabia on Thursday officially opens a billion-dollar aviation gateway aimed at Muslim pilgrims, in the kingdom`s first airport privatisation.
China`s foreign minister said Thursday that he sees a "high possibility" of Iran and major powers agreeing a nuclear deal, but said all sides need to make "positive efforts".
A new public relations war raged Thursday between Moscow and Kiev after Ukraine deported a reporter with Russia`s Channel One television for allegedly running "destructive" stories about the crisis-torn ex-Soviet state.
Bulgarian prosecutors on Thursday charged 14 Muslim Roma with inciting racial hatred and spreading the ideas of the Islamic State jihadist group.
The US Navy has put the Washington Navy Yard on lockdown after there were reports of an active shooter present.
Turkey has restricted students from posting pictures and opinions about school life on Facebook, Twitter and other social media, local media said today.
A train carrying toxic chemicals derailed in Tennessee and caught fire, prompting a large-scale evacuation, firefighters said today.
Two French special forces soldiers accused of sexually abusing children in Burkina Faso returned home Thursday and were taken into custody, said a legal source.
Mexican authorities have accused seven police of torturing three women who survived an alleged slaughter by the military a year ago, prosecutors said.
An Afghan appeal court has overturned death sentences given to four men for the mob killing in March of a woman falsely accused of blasphemy in Kabul, a judge said Thursday.
German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier raised doubts Thursday whether major powers and Iran had enough "will and courage" to seal an elusive deal to curb Tehran`s nuclear programme.
Four hospitals in the southern Syrian province of Daraa have been forced to close in recent days after intensive government air strikes, a monitor said on Thursday.
South Sudan rebels opened fire on a UN peacekeeping base sheltering 30,000 civilians, killing one and wounding six in a possible war crime, the UN has said.
Indian-American Republican presidential aspirant Bobby Jindal once again found himself at the butt of jokes after he invited questions on Twitter which attracted a barrage of tweets with people asking bizarre questions, poking fun at him.
A total of 71 journalists were killed from January to June of 2015 in 24 countries, a 7 percent increase over the same period last year, a Press Emblem Campaign (PEC) report said.
A man, who was found dead in a home in suburban Australia, had his right leg missing and the left one gnawed to the bone by his pet dog, a media report said today.
The final number of Britons confirmed killed by an Islamist gunman in Tunisia a week ago is 30 and all victims have been identified, British Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond said on Thursday.
Thailand`s navy has voted in favour of buying three Chinese submarines worth US$1 billion, an official said Thursday, the kingdom`s first such vessels in decades if the purchase is approved by the cabinet.
Two Japanese newspaper editors on Thursday warned that democracy and press freedom were under threat after a conservative lawmaker said media opposed to Tokyo`s hawkish military policy should be punished.
Nuclear talks between Iran and six major powers are not near a breakthrough yet and foreign ministers will come and go to try to maintain momentum toward a deal, British Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond said on Thursday.
- Shahid-Mira's wedding card is out!
- I dream of a Digital India where knowledge is strength: PM Modi
- No mediation in rape cases, rules Supreme Court
- Greece becomes first developed nation to default on IMF
- DNA: Why India should not take credit for Satnam Singh's NBA achievement!
- DNA: Analysis of Dayanidhi Maran's illegal telephone exchange case
- Nehru's Wikipedia page 'edited' by Govt department, alleges Congress
- Bajrangi Bhaijaan is really special for Salman Khan
- ISI funding NGOs in India to promote terror: RAW
- Amarnath Yatra begins amid tight security arrangements
- Cases of drunken driving on the rise in Mumbai
- DNA: This genius farmer in Raipur builds drone using garbage dump!
- Court Stops the Release of Sunny Deol's film Mohalla Assi
- Lalit Modi claims Varun Gandhi offered to help settle matters with Sonia
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Amit Shah inaugurates BJP's national training workshop
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband
- Amarnath yatra gets underway as first batch flagged-off
- Harbhajan Singh's guidance will be of great help: Ajinkya Rahane
- Gear up for an amazing celestial show as Venus, Jupiter to converge!
- Modi govt politically dishonest, has no values: Govindacharya
- Top 5 reasons to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'!
- July 7 wedding: What will Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput wear on D-day?
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj