Prosecutors in the southern German city of Stuttgart confirmed on Friday they had arrested a 34-year-old man on suspicion of arms dealing but declined to comment on a report that he may have supplied the militants in Paris with four guns.
Members of the doomsday Aum Supreme Truth cult released sarin gas in the Tokyo subway system in 1995.
'I am here because I want you to know that I am not indifferent to your joys and hopes'.
Death sentences imposed on corrupt Vietnamese officials will now be commuted to life in prison if they pay back at least 75 per cent of the illegal money they made.
The Ministry of Home Affairs of Nepal has asked the forces to take all possible action against the Madhesi agitators.
At least 95 Palestinians have also died, including 59 said by Israel to be attackers.
Muslim-majority Bangladesh has seen a rise in Islamist violence in recent months.
The PYD is expected to be represented via the National Coordination Body.
Kurdish forces were left stunned after a secret network of tunnels built by ISIS was unearthed in Sinjar, an Iraqi town.
A court in Istanbul on Thursday charged two journalists from the opposition Cumhuriyet daily with spying after they alleged Turkey's secret services had sent arms to Islamist rebels in Syria, Turkish media reported.
The arrests came after special forces police raided an Islamic cultural centre in Charlottenburg.
Algeria's former counterterrorism chief was sentenced Thursday to five years in prison for destroying documents and disobeying military orders, his lawyer said.
Forces from Nigeria and neighboring Chad earlier this year drove the extremists out of areas in which they had proclaimed an Islamic caliphate.
The United States, and major US cities in particular, are on heightened alert after the Paris terror attacks.
A forest is to be planted in a park close to Amsterdam's Schiphol airport to commemorate the victims of downed flight MH17, the organisation representing victims' families announced Thursday.
The bandits were from Ansar al-Khalifa, a small group that declared its support for Islamic State.
"He wasn't guilty of anything at all. This sentence is unacceptable and unfair".
After a rocky year that saw Burkina's people rise up to oust a longtime leader and then repel a military coup, the west African nation on Sunday elects a new president in a vote hailed as a fresh start for the country.
A US-led coalition and Russia have stepped up air strikes on the jihadists' de facto Syrian capital.
The tribute will be "national and republican".
Segregated from male voters and unable to drive themselves to hustings, Saudi women begin their first-ever election campaign on Sunday, a tentative step towards better representation in the male-dominated kingdom.
Trump berated New York Times investigative reporter Serge Kovaleski.
France today will mourn the 130 people killed in the November 13 Paris attacks, with President Francois Hollande leading a solemn ceremony in honour of the victims.
The number of adolescents dying from AIDS has tripled over the last 15 years, most of them having acquired the disease when they were infants, according to figures released today by UNICEF.
Canada's Liberal government has announced a USD75 million contribution to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees to help fleeing Syrians, fulfilling a campaign promise from its recent federal election.
Berlin police said they have carried out two raids targeting Islamists and arrested two men suspected of preparing to carry out "a serious act of violence representing a danger for the state."
A man draped in an American flag jumped over the fence of the White House while President Barack Obama was inside with his family celebrating Thanksgiving, US media said.
French President Francois Hollande has said that Russia and France had agreed to coordinate strikes against Islamic State (IS) jihadists after talks with Vladimir Putin, who said
President Vladimir Putin said today that Russia had given prior information to the United States of the flight path of the plane downed by Turkey on the Syrian border.
Algeria's former counterterrorism chief was sentenced to five years in prison today for destroying documents and disobeying military orders, his lawyer said.
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Chicago: Video of American cop shooting black teen sparks protests
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- ISIS 'poster girl' beaten to death after trying to escape Syria
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks: Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Simon Harmer overshadows Imran Tahir on Day 1 in 3rd Test
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- Nepal to seek details on shooting, SSB says smugglers on Indian soil
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Seventh anniversary of 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks today
- Watch: How NASA astronauts are celebrating Thanksgiving in space!
- Shah Rukh Khan strikes a pose with ‘bestest’ friend Divya – See pic
- Three mild tremors jolt Nepal within 12 hours