Australia on Wednesday said official word on whether a washed-up plane part is from flight MH370 is expected this week, while reiterating it will continue hunting for the main debris field in the southern Indian Ocean.
UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon on Tuesday raised alarm over a $100 million shortfall in funding for the UN aid agency for Palestinian refugees and called for urgent donations.
Zagreb cheered and Belgrade wept on Tuesday as they marked the 20th anniversary of Operation Storm, which ended the war sparked by Croatia`s proclamation of independence from Yugoslavia and caused an exodus of Croatian Serbs.
Israel jailed a suspected Jewish militant without trial on Tuesday, the first application of the controversial measure against a citizen in a government-ordered crackdown following the lethal torching of a Palestinian home.
Tokyo said Tuesday it would temporarily halt work on a controversial new US military base in southern Okinawa as talks continue with local officials opposed to the project.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu tried to rally U.S. Jews on Tuesday against the Iranian nuclear deal championed by President Barack Obama and facing review by Congress, saying it risked a catastrophic Middle East war.
Malaysian opposition parties and activists kept up pressure on Prime Minister Najib Razak on Tuesday, undeterred by an anti-corruption agency statement apparently clearing him of receiving nearly $700 million from the debt-laden state fund 1MDB.
Fifteen police were killed Tuesday in Colombia when a helicopter taking part in an anti-drug trafficking operation crashed in a remote jungle-covered region, the national police force said.
Republican U.S. Representative Ed Royce, the chairman of the House of Representatives Foreign Affairs Committee, on Tuesday introduced legislation to disapprove of the nuclear agreement between world powers and Iran.
A second suspected Jewish extremist was arrested Tuesday in Israel following the firebombing of a Palestinian home that burned a baby alive, the Shin Bet internal security force said.
US President Barack Obama renewed pressure on South Sudan`s warring leaders Tuesday, insisting they must accept an August peace deadline or face being sidelined.
Germany`s justice minister on Tuesday fired the chief prosecutor in an escalating row sparked by a controversial treason case against a blog accused of revealing state secrets.
A shooting that started at a Toronto nightclub event hosted by rapper Drake, and then spilled onto the streets outside early on Tuesday, left at least two people dead and three others wounded, police said. It wasn't clear if Drake was present during the shooting.
Crews battling 23 tenacious wildfires in drought-stricken California rushed in reinforcements on Tuesday and girded for weather that could ignite more blazes.
The United States believes that at least five Syrian rebels who were trained by the US military have been captured by suspected members of Syria`s al Qaeda affiliate, Nusra Front, a US official said on Tuesday, speaking on condition of anonymity.
Fighters loyal to Yemen`s deposed president seized about 10 southern villages from Houthi forces on Tuesday, maintaining momentum in their offensive a day after capturing the country`s biggest air base, residents and loyalist sources said.
NATO on Tuesday said that from September it will reduce its air patrols over the Baltic states, which it stepped up amid concern over Russia`s activity in the region.
Tanzania`s four main opposition parties chose ex-prime minister Edward Lowassa as a joint presidential candidate Tuesday, three months ahead of a general election scheduled for October 25.
US President Barack Obama will celebrate his 54th birthday with a hectic schedule and will hold a string of meetings and even hold discussions on the Iran nuclear deal.
Technical experts in France were to begin examining Wednesday whether a washed-up plane part belonged to missing flight MH370, raising hopes that some light may finally be shed on one of aviation`s darkest mysteries.
The main suspect in a deadly attack on a Kuwaiti Shiite mosque in June confessed in court on Tuesday to being in the jihadist Islamic State group.
An Israeli court Tuesday ordered the head of a Jewish extremist group to be kept in detention after his arrest following the burning to death of a Palestinian baby, judicial sources said.
At least seven people were killed and about 20 others were kidnapped by suspected Boko Haram militants in an overnight raid on a village near Cameroon`s northern border, a senior military officer said on Tuesday.
Russia filed a submission to the United Nations Tuesday for an additional 1.2 million square kilometres (463,000 square miles) of Arctic shelf.
Human Rights Watch called Tuesday on Libyan authorities to immediately investigate the alleged ill-treatment of detainees including a son of slain dictator Muammar Gaddafi at a prison in Tripoli.
Myanmar formally appealed Tuesday for international help in tackling massive floods with rescuers struggling to reach isolated regions, as rain-battered Asian nations counted the rising cost of this year`s monsoon.
Amnesty International said on Tuesday that the Sudanese army had committed war crimes in the conflict-hit South Kordofan region, including bombing and shelling civilian areas and infrastructure.
Yemeni pro-government forces reclaimed Tuesday the country`s biggest airbase from Iran-backed rebels, a second major success after capturing the port of Aden last month.
Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko convened his top generals Tuesday to discuss the latest failed peace talks with pro-Russian militias, aimed at stemming clashes that saw seven troops killed in another wave of attacks.
A US warning that it would use its air power to defend Pentagon-trained rebels against Syrian troops was met with scepticism by officials in Damascus on Tuesday.
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- DNA: How to identify fake currency notes!
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- IAS Officer becomes victim of sexual harassment, posts her tale on FB
- Shravan - The month of Lord Shiva
- The mayhem of cyclone Komen
- Vyapam scam has destroyed future of young people in MP: Rahul Gandhi
- Speaker suspends 25 Congress MPs for 5 days from Lok Sabha
- DNA: Floods create havoc in different parts of India
- AAP leader Somnath Bharti provokes anger for sexist comment
- Panel discussion: Speaker suspends 25 Congress MPs for unruly behaviour- Part II
- Three-storey building collapses in Thane, at least 4 dead
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Yakub Memon's last words before he was hanged - 'I pardon you'
- Porn banned, will sex be banned next?
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Heavy overnight firing by Pakistan troops in Jammu, BSF retaliates
- Can you eat rice like a South Indian? - Watch
- Indian government, NSCN(IM) sign 'historic' Naga peace accord
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Delhi Police's new weapon – Taser guns