Development banks including the World Bank have pledged an additional USD 15 billion a year by 2020 to fight climate change, taking the world closer to the clutch target of USD 100 billion, officials have said.
An African Parks helicopter that was sent out to rescue the rangers itself came under fire but managed to retrieve six members of the patrol unit.
Militants fired rounds of rockets from outer sides of the city during the clashes, which struck several houses.
The US House of Representative passed a bill on Friday to appeal the 40-year-old oil export ban, but its future was uncertain facing a veto threatened by the White House.
Today's award is therefore also a tribute to the perseverance and courage of the Tunisian people, said Obama.
Seven people, including one fighter, were killed today in two separate border region attacks blamed on jihadists in Mali and neighbouring Burkina Faso, security and government sources said.
New clashes erupted Friday in Gaza, where Israeli forces opened fire and killed six Palestinians.
The mounting toll from a mudslide that buried a Guatemalan community on October 1 has risen to 253 confirmed dead, authorities said Friday, with several hundred more unaccounted for.
Turkish police today detained the editor of a leading English-language daily newspaper on suspicion of "insulting" President Recep Tayyip Erdogan in a series of tweets.
The Indian farmers were holding a demonstration to demand compensation for destruction of their cotton crop, according to reports.
About 200 protesters were milling around outside Roseburg airport Friday, some carrying placards saying Obama was not welcome and "Obama Go Home."
The government ordered the building of the razor wire barrier in August to stem the flow of migrants.
The bishops' meeting is discussing how to better minister to families facing issues big and small.
Last week, eight students and a teacher were fatally shot at Umpqua Community College in Oregon.
Ahmed al-Hirbawi, Shadi Dawla, Abed al-Wahidi and Nabil Sharaf, all aged 20, were shot and killed east of the al-Shujaiyeh neighbourhood.
The killings are affecting our business. We had to cancel some bookings," said a five-star hotel manager in Dhaka.
The Russian manufacturer of the missile system blamed for shooting down flight MH17 said on Friday it would unveil the "real reasons" for the disaster on the same day Dutch investigators present their final report on the tragedy.
The Pentagon is to stop building Syrian rebel units to fight the Islamic State and focus instead on training and arming vetted leaders, a US defense official said on Friday.
The US on Friday started to withdraw its Patriot missile batteries from Turkey, despite Russia's weekend incursions into Ankara's airspace amid a deepening crisis in Syria.
Israeli fire killed five Palestinians and wounded 21 during clashes on Friday near Gaza's border, the first unrest-related deaths there after days of violence in east Jerusalem and the West Bank, medics said.
Islamic State militants seized a string of villages from rival insurgents north of Aleppo city on Friday, in a surprise attack that came despite intensive Russian airstrikes that Moscow insists are targeting the extremist group, activists said.
A student armed with a handgun killed a fellow student in a "confrontation" at an Arizona university on Friday that also left three others with multiple gunshot wounds, police said, in the latest shooting at a US college.
There is no "sufficient cause" for an inquest into the death of Anni Dewani, the Indo-Swedish wife of British-Indian millionaire Shrien Dewani, after he was acquitted by a South African court last year of killing her during their honeymoon, a British Coroner said on Friday.
A Chinese family with seven children has been slapped with a hefty fine of USD 110,180 for violating the country's controversial one-child policy, resurfacing concerns over the stringent family planning policy that was relaxed recently.
A 39-year-old Scottish nurse who had contracted the deadly Ebola in West Africa was on Friday readmitted to an isolation unit after she developed what appears to be a very rare reactivation of the virus at a hospital here.
Toyota has spoken with US officials about the prominent use of its vehicles by ISIS jihadis in Syria, Iraq and Libya.
Sending a strong message to those involved in terrorism, Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull on Friday advised people to leave the country if Australian values were "unpalatable" to them.
Yemen's government dismissed as a "manoeuvre" on Thursday the Houthis' acceptance of a UN-sponsored peace plan and demanded that the Iran-backed group hand back territory it has seized since last year.
The United Nations on Thursday proposed to a national unity government to Libya's warring factions meant to end their conflict, but any deal must overcome resistance from hardliners and pass a vote in their rival parliaments to succeed.
Russia's defence ministry denied a claim by a US official Thursday that four Syria-bound Russian cruise missiles fired from the Caspian Sea had crashed in Iran.
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Bihar polls: PM Modi addresses rally in Munger
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Ghazal maestro Ghulam Ali's concert canceled following threats from Shiv Sena
- Thousands stuck in major jam on China's 50-lane expressway
- Dadri lynching was a pre-planned conspiracy: Mulayam Singh
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Indian Air Force celebrates 83rd foundation day
- Compulsion to be Hindu in order to attend Garba festival?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Ghulam Ali 'very hurt' with Mumbai concert cancellation, gets Delhi govt's invite for show
- Bizarre! Saudi man sexually assaults maid, wife faces jail
- 'If Rashid holds 1000 beef parties, we will thrash him thousand times'
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- US in talks with Pakistan on limiting its nuclear weapons: Report
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- India vs South Africa: Three players MS Dhoni should include for 3rd T20I