The United States has blocked a global document aimed at ridding the world of nuclear weapons, saying Egypt and other states tried to "cynically manipulate" the process by setting a deadline for Israel and its neighbours to meet within months on a Middle East zone free of such weapons.
Islamic State fighters have raised their flag over an ancient citadel in Syria`s historic city of Palmyra, pictures posted online overnight by the group`s supporters showed.
Burundian anti-government protesters began a two-day truce Saturday after almost a month of deadly violence triggered by the president`s bid for a third term culminating in a deadly grenade attack Friday.
Ethiopia on Sunday holds its first general election since the death of long-time strongman Meles Zenawi.
A leading campaigner against gay marriage conceded defeat in Ireland`s historic referendum on the issue Saturday as the official count took place.
An Islamic State group suicide bomber attacked a Shiite mosque in Sunni-ruled Saudi Arabia, killing 21 people and wounding 81 in an assault that threatens to fan sectarian tensions.
A group of migrants recently rescued by Myanmar will be deported to Bangladesh, officials confirmed Saturday, as the United Nations chief called on regional nations to prioritise saving the lives of those still stranded at sea.
A convoy of Shi`ite Muslim militia and Iraqi army forces set out from a base near Ramadi on Saturday toward areas held by Islamic State insurgents, an eyewitness and a local official said.
Irish voters appear to have voted heavily in favour of allowing same-sex marriage in a historic referendum in the traditionally Catholic country, government ministers and opponents of the bill said on Saturday.
The Singapore government today said it will use the law to protect the name and image of the country's founding father Lee Kuan Yew from commercial use and exploitation.
South Sudan President Salva Kiir has warned that proposed international sanctions will only worsen the civil war ravaging his country.
Counting got under way Saturday in Ireland`s historic referendum on same-sex marriage, with thousands of people, some of whom rushed home from living abroad to vote, gathering to hear the results.
Desi Bouterse, the colorful dictator-turned-president who has ruled Suriname on and off since 1980, is looking to consolidate power when the small South American country holds general elections on Monday.
A district governor was killed in a bomb blast on Saturday in Afghanistan` Uruzgan province, an official said.
China`s top Taiwan affairs official Zhang Zhijun met for talks with his Taiwanese counterpart Saturday, as dozens of angry demonstrators protested the visit.
A 65-year-old German woman, who is already a mother of 13 children, has given birth to quadruplets after undergoing an artificial insemination procedure in Ukraine, RTL television reported early on Saturday.
Rights groups said elections on Sunday in Ethiopia, Africa`s second most populous country, would not be free or fair due to a clampdown on freedom of speech.
A woman has chained herself to the Arctic Challenger, a support ship for Royal Dutch Shell's exploratory oil drilling plans, Bellingham police said. KCPQ-TV said the ship is anchored in Bellingham Bay, north of Seattle.
With only a cloth mask for protection, Firas Kayali rushed to try to rescue the residents of a house in a village in rebel-held northern Syria after a barrel bomb, suspected to be filled with chlorine gas, hit nearby.
Navy ships were scouring Southeast Asian waters for boats believed to be carrying thousands of migrants with little food or water, and a top US diplomat said Myanmar needs to shoulder some responsibility for the crisis.
An Afghan official says a roadside bomb has killed that two people, including a district administrative chief, in the country's south.
Japan and South Korea on Saturday held the first dialogue of their financial chiefs in two and a half years, agreeing to improve economic ties despite diplomatic frictions between the two Asian countries.
Ousted Islamist president Mohamed Morsi along with several secular figures behind Egypt`s 2011 uprising go on trial Saturday, as the authorities press on with a crackdown on all forms of opposition.
The UN has adopted a resolution calling for stronger cooperation in stemming the illicit transfer and misuse of small arms and light weapons, underlining the suffering they have caused to civilians.
Tens of thousands of Catholics gathered in the Kenyan town of Nyeri on Saturday for the beatification ceremony of an Italian nun, a key step towards sainthood.
United Nations chief Ban Ki-moon said Saturday that saving the lives of migrants stranded at sea in Southeast Asia should be a "top priority" as the region battles with an exodus of boat people fleeing persecution and poverty.
Peru declared a state of emergency late Friday in the country`s south, where a violent protest against the Tia Maria copper mine has killed four people in two months.
Despite warnings from shipwreck survivors and the international community, Gambians are refusing to abandon dreams of a new life in Europe even if it means risking their lives to cross the Mediterranean aboard rickety boats.
Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIS), in its propaganda magazine Dabiq, has claimed that it is 'infinitely' more possible to buy a nuclear bomb from Pakistan and transport it to the United States.
Despite cries of alarm from European politicians over the deaths of migrants in the Mediterranean, African leaders have been silent over an issue they fear underlines their weak governance, say campaigners.
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise