The US Senate voted nearly unanimously on Thursday to slap new sanctions on Russia despite President Donald Trump`s objections to the legislation, which has angered Russian President Vladimir Putin
A ballistic missile fired by Yemeni rebels was shot down late Thursday close to Mecca in Saudi Arabia, just a month before the annual Hajj pilgrimage to Islam`s holiest site, the Arab military coalition fighting in Yemen said.
Former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton would soon release a book titled "What Happened" in which she would opens up on her stunning 2016 election defeat to her Republican rival Donald Trump.
Thousands of Muslim worshippers surged into Jerusalem`s Al-Aqsa Mosque on Thursday and at least 113 were hurt in scuffles with police after Israel lifted security measures imposed at the sacred site in the face of days of violent protests.
The US military`s top officer directed military heads on Thursday not to implement any changes to current policy on transgender personnel, a day after President Donald Trump tweeted they would be banned from serving.
Migrants from the European Union (EU) will face similar visa requirements as non-EU migrants at the end of the Brexit deadline, a UK government minister said on Thursday.
Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Thursday that Russia was ready to cooperate with neutral countries that bordered the Baltic Sea like Finland which is not part of the NATO military alliance.
Venezuela`s opposition kicked off a second day of a general strike on Thursday after a day of street protests left three people dead, in an intensifying showdown over President Nicolas Maduro`s plan to rewrite the nation`s constitution.
President Vladimir Putin said on Thursday Russia would be forced to retaliate at some point if Washington pressed ahead with new sanctions against Moscow, but said his response would depend on the final text of the proposed law.
Iran announced on Thursday that it has "successfully" tested a satellite-launch rocket, days after warning Washington of a response to new US sanctions over the Islamic republic`s ballistic missiles programme.
Anti-terror officers in Istanbul detained 26 suspected members of the Islamic State jihadist group, Turkish media reported on Thursday.
U.S. President Donald Trump could veto pending legislation that would slap new sanctions on Russia in order to push for a tougher deal than the one winding through Congress, a top White House aide said on Thursday.
Talks between Britain and the European Union on their future relationship are now less likely to start in October, the EU`s top negotiator has said, because of lack of progress on Brexit divorce issues so far, EU officials said.
French lawmakers on Thursday approved a law aimed at preventing elected officials from recruiting their family members as part of President Emmanuel Macron`s "moralisation law" after many fake job scandals tainted politics in recent months.
Pakistan's Supreme Court may not announce the verdict before August 15 in the Panamagate case against beleaguered Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.
Poroshenko stripped Saakashvili of his Ukrainian citizenship on Wednesday for allegedly providing false information on his citizenship registration form in 2015.
Jordan is the official custodian of Muslim holy sites in Jerusalem and is one of only two Arab governments to have signed a peace treaty with Israel.
The Japan-born Renho apologised at the time, but issues surrounding her former Taiwan status deriving from her father's origins on the island, a former Japanese colony, refused to go away.
Hezbollah leader Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah said talks had begun between Lebanese officials and the Nusra Front on Tuesday.
Japan`s embattled Defence Minister Tomomi Inada will resign on Friday over the suspected cover-up of information related to a UN peacekeeping mission and a former defence minister is already lined up to take her place, media said.
Earlier this week, Macron chaired talks between Libyan Prime Minister Fayez al-Serraj and the divided country`s eastern commander Khalifa Haftar.
A lower court already rejected an appeal on condition that Algeria provide assurances the man won't face treatment that violates his human rights.
In August 2016, police in Anhui detained 36 members accused of creating and spreading video content for the cult.
The Supreme Court also requested a report on the case, which echoed a notorious case from 2002 in which another teenager was gang-raped on a local council`s order.
The Taliban and militants linked to the ISIS operate in eastern Afghanistan.
Interior Minister Anders Ygeman, who reportedly knew about the leak but failed to inform the premier.
The government had already dismantled metal detectors it installed in the area after the killing of two Israeli policemen on July 14, hoping the move would calm 10 days of often-violent protests that have put the city on edge.
Hussain`s cousin, Khalid is reportedly missing since he was arrested during a raid in Karachi on July 19.
In an online video stream last month, Guo produced a corporate tree diagram which he said showed companies linked to Yao, including GI Technologies (Beijing) Co.
- 1962 Indo-China war memorial in Gurugram vandalised
- Watch: Nitish Kumar takes oath as Bihar CM
- Watch - Volcano like eruption from Bokaro coal mine due to excessive rain
- Egypt: Tank crushes car in attempt to stop bomb blast in North Sinai
- Cabinet reshuffle soon: JD(U) likely to get ministerial berths
- PM Modi hails Nitish for moving out of Bihar 'Mahagathbandhan'
- It's for Nitish Kumar to decide on allying with BJP: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Zee News remains number 1 Hindi channel for 29th week
- JD(U) chief said will die but not join BJP: Lalu Yadav
- Watch: Drums being used to warn people about floods in Gujarat
- Gujarat floods: Death toll reaches 83; PM announces Rs 500 crore aid
- Watch - The ten biggest international news of the day
- Dr Subhash Chandra raises cable licensing issue in Parliament
- Ghatkopar: Death toll in Mumbai building collapse rises to 17
- Separatist leader Shabir Shah arrested for terror funding, to be presented before Delhi court today
- Lizard found in biryani served to passenger travelling in Poorva Express
- Nitish Kumar's swearing-in ceremony: As it happened
- WATCH: Virat Kohli, Ravi Shastri burst into laughter with Ravindra Jadeja's dressing room act
- Pakistan cricketers set to get richer as PCB receives Rs 230 million from ICC as Champions Trophy prize money
- Kargil Vijay Diwas: How India evicted Pakistani intruders from the icy heights
- Nitish Kumar to resign? Bihar CM on way to meet Governor Keshari Nath Tripathi
- WATCH: Mithali Raj and Co receive rousing reception at Mumbai airport, on return from England
- Indian daughters, Pakistani daughters-in-law always welcome: Sushma Swaraj's lovely tweet wins hearts
- Rift in JD(U) over aligning with BJP: Sharad Yadav not kept in loop by Nitish, say senior leaders
- 'Not a sign of healthy democracy': Mayawati on Nitish Kumar's JD(U) alliance with BJP
- India's Tour of Sri Lanka 2017: 1st Test, Day 2 — As it happened...
- Kapil Sharma Show: Sumona Chakravarti will NEVER work with Krushna Abhishek—Here's why
- Know how many times Nitish Kumar resigned from govt in past
- RBI stops printing of Rs 2000 note; accelerates production of Rs 200 notes – Know how it will affect you
- 4G speed on Jio network slowest in India; Airtel has the fastest: OpenSignal