Some backpacking travellers to Australia are being coerced to perform sexual acts for employers who must sign documents allowing them to extend their visas.
An 18-month-old Palestinian baby died and its parents were injured in a fire started by Israeli settlers in the West Bank, Palestinian security officials said Friday.
Philippine President Benigno Aquino endorsed long-time ally Manuel Roxas on Friday for the country`s 2016 Presidential Election, saying the interior minister was the best person to advance anti-corruption reforms.
Chinese media on Friday poured scorn on fallen military leader Guo Boxiong, accusing the "demon" former top general of dishonesty since his youth and his family of selling military posts for cash.
Israeli Defence Minister Moshe Yaalon said Friday that an arson attack by Jewish settlers that killed a Palestinian toddler in the West Bank was an "act of terrorism."
Fourteen people were wounded in an attack on Friday by suspected rebels wielding grenade launchers and automatic weapon in Thailand`s war-torn Muslim-majority south, officials said.
A Mauritanian anti-slavery organisation accused the police of injuring, arresting and using tear gas against several of its members Thursday, as they demonstrated in Nouakchott for the release of two imprisoned activists.
The plane wreckage found on the French island of Reunion in the Indian Ocean will be transferred to Toulouse, France, to be analysed by the General Directorate of Armaments, a media report said on Friday.
China`s anti-graft watchdog accused the former police chief of the Chinese region of Inner Mongolia of suspected murder on Friday, saying he would be prosecuted for crimes that include bribery and illegal possession of firearms.
Chad reintroduced the death penalty just six months after its abolition Thursday, as legislators passed a stringent anti-terror bill in the face of a spate of deadly Boko Haram attacks.
A Palestinian toddler was burned to death and four family members injured in a suspected arson attack by Jewish settlers on two homes in the occupied West Bank on Friday.
A Chinese professor charged in the United States with economic espionage has been released on bail, US court records show, and his family said he was confident of clearing his name.
Australian police Friday released a new CCTV footage hoping to find the killer of a 41-year-old Indian woman who was brutally stabbed to death in Sydney, just 300m from her home on March 7 this year while she was talking to her husband over phone.
With Turkish Air Force F-16s thundering in the night sky and tanks rolling through the streets, many Kurds in Turkey fear a return to war after a devastating bombing left a ceasefire in tatters.
Two Turkish police were killed on Friday in a gun attack on police headquarters in the southern region of Adana blamed on Kurdish militants, the official Anatolia news agency reported.
Australian search authorities on Friday said they were "increasingly confident" plane debris that washed up on a tiny Indian Ocean island is from missing flight MH370, with formal identification possible within 24 hours.
At the crack of dawn hundreds of refugees, most of them Syrians, stream into Serbia`s southern valley of Presevo after a perilous journey they hope will lead to a new life in the European Union.
A surfer was seriously injured as he fought a shark off the Australian east coast today, less than a week after a fatal attack, police said.
More than 70,000 Liberian babies were born without being registered as the deadly Ebola epidemic ravaged the impoverished west African nation, leaving them without healthcare and vulnerable to trafficking, UNICEF said today.
US President Barack Obama on Thursday told groups that support the Iran nuclear deal to make their voices heard to Congress to counter the millions of dollars in lobbying by those who want to derail the agreement.
The United States will deliver eight F-16 fighter jets to Egypt as a part of its ongoing military support to Egypt.
The death toll rose to 27 and authorities listed 149 others as injured after a truck lost control and slammed into a religious procession in a central Mexico town.
Nigeria`s army said Thursday it had set free 59 people held by Boko Haram, among them 29 women and 25 children, amid an ongoing offensive against the Islamist group in the country`s restive northeast.
The Pentagon denied reports on Thursday that new graduates of its program to train Syrian rebels had been captured by rivals from an Al-Qaeda affiliate.
Chad said on Thursday its forces had killed 117 Boko Haram insurgents during a two-week military campaign aimed at clearing islands on Lake Chad used by the militants as hideouts and bases to launch attacks.
US authorities opened a probe today into the killing of a beloved lion in Zimbabwe, as the American doctor who hunted the big cat remained in hiding amid mounting global outrage.
Tiny ex-Soviet Moldova on Thursday chose a new pro-European prime minister who pledged to crack down on corruption after a $1 billion banking scandal.
Chad`s parliament was to vote Thursday on a controversial anti-terror bill after a string of deadly Boko Haram attacks, raising fears among opponents and rights activists that the law may be used to curtail freedoms.
A Kremlin official says that Russia is working to upgrade air defence missiles intended for Iran.
The White House said on Thursday that it will review the public petition to extradite the American dentist who allegedly killed "Cecil," a Zimbabwean lion.
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- Special: 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's case history
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA: A shattered Rameswaram waits to pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- SC rejects Yakub Memon's plea against death warrant
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- President Pranab Mukherjee rejects Yakub Memon's mercy plea
- Heavy rains trigger floods, landslides in Gujarat and Rajasthan
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Dirty politics over a terrorist's execution; will this ever end?
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed
- ISIS preparing to attack India, readying for 'final battle': Report
- Yakub Memon lawyer says 'no comments' when asked about Supreme Court's order
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- It's a canard that Kalam was reluctant to appoint Sonia Gandhi as PM: Manmohan Singh
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Taliban leader Mullah Omar is dead: Reports
- Stage set for Yakub Memon's execution; hangman arrives in Nagpur jail
- Arvind Kejriwal accuses Modi govt of transferring two of his 'best officers' out of Delhi
- Huma Qureshi cool with Rishi Kapoor's joke on her