Saudi Arabia and Turkey both see the ousting of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad as essential for ending Syria`s five-year civil war and are bitterly critical of Iran and Russia`s support of the Syrian regime.
Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev said Saturday that strains between Russia and the West have plunged the world into a new Cold War.
More major attacks in Europe are a "certainty", French Prime Minister Manuel Valls told an audience at the Munich Security Conference on Saturday.
Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull on Saturday announced the line-up of his new cabinet, emphasising the role of his younger and female colleagues.
Pakistan President Mamnoon Hussain has asked his countrymen to avoid observing Valentine's Day, saying the western tradition was not part of "our culture".
Demanding an end to Pakistan's "forceful" occupation of Balochistan , hundreds of Baloch- Americans and leaders from this restive Pakistani province held a peaceful protest in front of the White House to seek US intervention and deployment of NATO troops in the region.
A former governor of Afghanistan`s Herat province has been kidnapped from a market in an upscale district of Islamabad, Pakistani police said Saturday.
The death toll in a powerful earthquake that struck Taiwan on February 6 has risen to 112 with five people still reported missing, the authorities announced on Saturday.
Ahead of the next round of nominating contests, the US presidential race is turning testy with rival candidates of both parties attacking each other with no holds barred.
The death toll in a powerful earthquake that struck Taiwan 's oldest city of Tainan a week ago rose to 109 today with an estimated nine people missing.
President Bashar al-Assad has vowed to recapture the whole of Syria and keep "fighting terrorism" while also negotiating an end to the war, as international pressure mounts for a ceasefire.
World powers today agreed an ambitious plan to cease hostilities in war-torn Syria, but the Munich deal left out the Islamic State group and al-Qaeda's local branch, leaving analysts to doubt its viability.
Pope Francis and Russian Orthodox Patriarch Kirill on Friday held the first meeting in nearly a millennium between heads of their two branches of the Christian church.
The Obama administration today notified the US Congress of its decision to sell eight F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan worth nearly USD 700 million, notwithstanding American lawmakers' demand for stopping the proposed sale.
Catholic faithful flocked to the streets of Mexico City to greet Pope Francis on Friday after the pontiff held a historic meeting with the head of the Russian Orthodox Church.
Pope Francis and Russian Orthodox Patriarch Kirill embraced and kissed on Friday in a historic meeting, uniting to issue a global appeal for the protection of Christians under assault in the Middle East.
The suspected link between the Zika virus and two neurological disorders, the birth defect microcephaly and Guillain-Barre syndrome, could be confirmed within weeks, the World Health Organisation (WHO) said on Friday.
Pope Francis and Russian Orthodox Patriarch Kirill, during a historic meeting Friday, called for restored Christian unity and urgent action to help Christians threatened by violence in the Middle East.
Pope Francis and Russian Orthodox Patriarch Kirill kissed each other and sat down together Friday for the first meeting between their two branches of the church in nearly a thousand years.
At least five United Nations peacekeepers were killed and some 30 others injured in an attack on a UN base in northern Mali, UN chief Ban Ki-moon said today.
US Vice President Joe Biden and Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko spoke by phone for the second consecutive day on Friday to discuss the need for Kiev to quickly pass reforms needed for a $17.5 billion International Monetary Fund bailout.
Authorities found dozens of knives, cocaine and flat-screen televisions at the Mexican prison where a brawl killed 49 inmates, officials said today, highlighting the control drug cartels hold over many penitentiaries.
The bipartisan measure would slap sanctions on any person or entity importing goods, technology or training related to weapons of mass destruction into North Korea.
On Thursday anti-corruption crusader Navalny announced he had filed a lawsuit against Putin, accusing him of ordering huge loans to a firm owned by the president`s son-in-law.
The incident occurred in an isolated area of the school campus, Glendale police Sergeant David Vidaure said in a statement.
Syria`s President Bashar al-Assad has vowed to retake the entire country but warned it could take a "long time," in an exclusive interview with AFP that comes as international pressure grows for a ceasefire.
Some 100,000 Syrian refugees are being looked after in camps inside Syria close to the Turkish border, including 35,000 who this month fled a Russian-backed regime offensive in northern Aleppo province, a top Turkish official said on Friday.
Daughter installed a CCTV camera at her mum’s apartment in Buenos Aires, Argentina, but was not expecting to see the horrific level of abuse.
Pakistan's Foreign Secretary Aizaz Ahmed Chowdhary said the waiver by the NSG created an opportunity for India to heavily increase its fissile material stocks.
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Odd-even formula to be back in Delhi from April 15
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Afzal Guru row: Why not action against supporters at JNU?- Part III
- Japanese student spotted cleaning garbage in Delhi
- Afzal Guru row: Why not action against supporters at JNU?- Part II
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?
- Afzal Guru row: Why not action against supporters at JNU?- Part IV
- DNA: Service chiefs, leaders pay tribute to Siachen hero Hanumanthappa
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'
- 'Pakistan zindabad' slogans at JNU: Rajnath Singh, Smriti Irani to order action against 'anti-nationals'?
- Salman Khan hints at marriage plans; is Iulia Vantur the lucky girl?
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- 'Meri Pyaari Bindu': Get a slice of singer Parineeti Chopra – Watch video
- Kareena Kapoor, Parineeti Chopra rejected Hrithik Roshan's 'Kaabil'- Here's why
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh