Israel's military says it has successfully tested an advanced surface-to-air missile that analysts believe could play a key role in securing the country's offshore gas fields.
Russia vowed today to cooperate in the fight against terrorism as French President Francois Hollande began the last leg of a diplomatic bid to step up efforts to crush the Islamic State group.
London, Nov 26 (AFP) Four senior executives with business consultancy KPMG have been arrested in Northern Ireland as part of a tax evasion investigation, officials said today.
The monument's unveiling is planned for July 17, 2017.
An official in Seoul said the two sides would meet at the deputy minister level on December 11 in the Kaesong joint industrial zone, just inside North Korea.
Belgian police on Tuesday charged a fifth suspect in connection with the Paris attacks after a series of raids carried out during the lockdown.
The total number of child brides in Africa will rise from 125 million to 310 million by 2050 if current trends persist, meaning almost half of the world's child brides will be African, a UNICEF report released on Thursday warned.
Pope Francis on Thursday urged global action against illegal trafficking of blood diamonds, ivory and other natural resources, saying it caused political instability and "terrorism".
Germany plans to send Tornado reconnaissance jets to support the fight against the Islamic State group in Syria, the defence spokesman of Chancellor Angela Merkel's conservatives said on Thursday.
A 75-year-old Indian-origin Maoist leader in the UK charged with modern day slavery, sexual assault and imprisonment of his own daughter on Thursday denied the charges and said his women followers competed among themselves to make sexual advances on him.
Charles gained entry to the Indiana Medical History Museum – formerly the Central Indiana Hospital for the Insane – on multiple occasions, a court heard.
Hammond made the 6 am call from a payphone outside his home.
Arrest warrants have been issued for a Thai general and two senior police officers for royal defamation, authorities said on Thursday, part of a snowballing probe linked to the palace that has seen two suspects die in military custody.
UN refugee chief Antonio Guterres warned on Thursday that closing borders on Muslims fleeing violence by Islamic State is counterproductive and only risks helping the group grow stronger.
Russia's state-owned RIA Novosti news agency is reporting that Russia has already deployed long-range air defence missiles at its base in Syria.
Earlier, hacker group Anonymous had declared war against the ISIS following the deadly terror attack in Paris.
Pakistan's federal minister for housing Akram Khan Durrani escaped unhurt on Thursday in an IED blast which killed two people in the volatile northwest of the country, police said.
Pakistan is fully capable of defending itself from any Indian aggression, Defence Minister Khawaja Asif asserted on Thursday.
Since the Paris attacks on November 13 by French and Belgian Islamic State militants, there have been reports of threats against mosques used by Belgium's half million Muslims.
Putin slammed the Turkish leadership for deliberately steering the Russia-Turkey ties into the dead end, which he said was "regrettable".
The 12 were added to the list due to their involvement in Hezbollah operations, and their companies' financing of the group's militia activities.
The new building will provide a house of Hindu worship to an ever-growing population of Indians and other Hindu nationalities in Australia's second largest city.
Sarosh Zaiwalla's appointment will enable him to join an illustrious group of members, drawn from countries like Brazil, France, India, Japan, Malaysia, the UK.
Miss World Canada Anastasia Lin was prevented from boarding her connecting flight in Hong Kong.
Britain should join air strikes against the Islamic State group in Syria and should not "sub-contract" its security to allies, Prime Minister David Cameron said on Thursday in a written statement to MPs.
South Korea on Thursday buried former president Kim Young-Sam, following a snow-swept state funeral for the man whose 1992 election victory brought a formal end to more than 30 years of military rule.
Customs officials along the Russian border are scrutinising Turkish goods due to "various reasons" including a possible terrorist threat, a spokesman for Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Thursday.
Europe's top human rights court is upholding France's headscarf ban in the case of a Muslim social worker who lost her hospital job because she would not remove her scarf.
French nuclear giant Areva on Thursday said it had linked up with Hitachi GE Nuclear Energy to help Japan dismantle boiling-water nuclear power stations.
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- RJD-JD(U) legislators forcibly occupy govt bungalows in Bihar
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- ISIS 'poster girl' beaten to death after trying to escape Syria
- Chicago: Video of American cop shooting black teen sparks protests
- Noida: Woman kills self after husband dies of heart attack
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Noorjahan solar lanterns brighten up UP village!
- Shiv Sena calls Aamir Khan 'idiot Ranchhoddas', questions his patriotism
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Details out: What Rahul Gandhi did during his two-month-long sabbatical
- When Sushma Swaraj was in charge of Modi government
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Intolerance issue: AR Rahman expresses solidarity with Aamir Khan, says he too faced similar situation
- Salt water bath: Know why it's good for your health!
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Intolerance issue: Here’s what Raveena Tandon feels
- Sheena Bora case: Despite jail sufferings, Indrani remains loyal to Peter, says he is innocent