Siti Aisyah also told authorities she did not want her parents to see her in custody.
Geneva: Syria vowed Saturday to retaliate following the deadly suicide assault in its third city Homs, as the UN said the attack was aimed to "spoil" sputtering peace talks starting in Geneva.
In the middle of a crowded bar, Adam Purinton yelled at two Indian men to "get out of my country," witnesses said, then opened fire in an attack that killed one of the men and wounded the other, as well as a third man who tried to help.
Actress Jodie Foster was among the "United Voices" that spoke up against US President Donald Trump at United Talent Agencys (UTA) rally outside its Beverly Hills office here.
Angela Merkel's conservatives have formally nominated the German chancellor as her party's top candidate for the September parliamentary election in the region where she has her political base.
Ex-Philippine leader Benigno Aquino joined thousands of people on the streets of Manila today as protests broke out against President Rodrigo Duterte's brutal war on drugs.
Former Sri Lankan president Mahinda Rajapaksa on Saturday threatened to sue the Finance Ministry and Central Bank over the alleged Bond scam, saying someone committed a "major fraud" using his name.
Six suspected terrorists of the banned Lashkar-e-Jhangvi (LeJ) terror group were shot dead in Pakistan's Punjab province, police said on Saturday.
Saudi Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubeir was in Baghdad for talks on Saturday, the first such visit by a chief diplomat from the kingdom in years, Iraqi officials said.
Suicide attacks on two security service bases in the heart of Syria`s government-held third city of Homs killed 42 people on Saturday.
At least 10 persons were killed and 14 others injured today when a major fire broke out at a multi-storey luxurious hotel in Nanchang.
French President Francois Hollande on Saturday hits back at Donald Trump after the US president criticised France in a veiled attack on its immigration policies and those of its European allies.
Mexico has warned the US against imposing a unilateral tax on Mexican imports to finance a border wall, saying it could respond in kind.
UN chief Antonio Guterres strongly denounces xenophobia and Islamophobia, his spokesperson said in the wake of the alleged racially motivated shooting of an Indian engineer in the US.
An Afghan official says that 10 police officers and the wife of a police commander have been killed by Islamic State militants in northern Zawzjan province.
Twin suicide attacks on security service bases in the heart of Syria`s government-held third city of Homs killed 14 people on Saturday
Over 7 million people are starving in Cameroon, Chad, Niger and Nigeria as a result of violence by the Boko Haram terror group, the UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) reported.
Paris Mayor Anne Hidalgo hit back at US President Donald Trump for his comment "Paris is no longer Paris", saying the French capital remains dynamic and open despite high terror alert.
An emboldened Mexico hardened its opposition to President Donald Trump on Friday by saying it would retaliate if the United States imposed a border tax and that it can afford to lose financial aid that might be pulled to pay for a border wall.
US lawmakers publicly denounced the killing of an Indian engineer by an American navy veteran in an apparent hate crime in Kansas City, saying there is no place for these senseless acts of violence in the country.
Still under fire for his "enemies of the people" barb directed towards certain sections of the U.S. media, President Donald Trump has done it again by projecting the press as "a great danger" to America.
Unknown number of people were trapped as a fire broke out in a hotel in China's Jiangxi province on Saturday, firefighters said.
Thirteen crew members have gone missing while seven others have been rescued after a fishing boat sank off the Zhejiang coast in eastern China.
The US government will seek the extradition of former Guatemalan Vice-President Roxana Baldetti and ex-Interior Minister Hector Mauricio Lopez Bonilla on drug trafficking charges, the embassy said in a statement.
A majority of Americans disapprove of the way President Donald Trump is handling his job after a month in office, according to a poll.
Indonesian President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo arrived in Sydney on Saturday on his first visit to Australia as his nation's leader.
British journalist Piers Morgan, who has never shied away from showing support for U.S. President Donald Trump, has once again batted for the latter.
US President Donald Trump has signed an executive order to cut regulations that were "punishing companies".
Trump outlined plans for strengthening the US military, already the world's most powerful fighting force, and other initiatives, though he again offered few specifics.
"I just explained our position very clearly to our partners. If it is tabled we will veto it," UN deputy ambassador Vladimir Safronkov told reporters.
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- DNA: Today in history, 24 February, 2017
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- LPG Gas Cylinder blasts in a restaurant in Delhi's Vikash Puri area killed 2 firemen, 2 injured
- Delighted to be a part of Maha Shivratri celebrations: PM Modi in Coimbatore
- DNA: Why Farooq Abdullah is having so much love towards anti-nationals?
- Watch - Shivratri festival being observed with great enthusiasm across the country
- ABVP, SFI activists clash in Pune University; many injured
- DNA: Nonstop News
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh break-up? Here's what the 'Padmavati' star has to say!
- Watch: Ravindra Jadeja teases Aussie captain Steve Smith with hilarious impersonation
- Kanpur train derailment: PM Narendra Modi hints at Pakistan hand
- WATCH: Virat Kohli 'clean bowled' after being deceived by Australian talisman Steve O'Keefe
- Mark the date – Watch this year's only breathtaking 'ring of fire' solar eclipse on February 26
- WATCH: When Pune crowd refused to return ball on India's collapsing day
- India vs Australia, 1st Test: Anil Kumble defends team, says it was just one bad day in office
- Apollo Hospitals reveal why they didn't release photos of J Jayalalithaa
- Kansas shooting: Donald Trump is the primary reason, says Srinivas Kuchibhotla's relative