Iraq's deputy prime minister is appealing for greater international help in fighting the Islamic State group, saying its recent takeover of the key city of Ramadi was a "big disaster" and that the country's own forces could not adequately fight back.
A bomb exploded at a Shi`ite Houthi mosque in the Yemeni capital Sanaa on Friday, wounding 13 people, a security source said, and the Islamic State claimed responsibility for the attack in a statement on Twitter.
Americans' favourable ratings of Barack Obama have touched 53 per cent, marking the US President's highest score since September, 2013.
The European Union and Ukraine have signed a 1.8 billion euro (USD 2 billion) loan deal in an effort to help revive the cash-strapped country's economy.
Egypt's President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi, who has led a massive crackdown on Islamists, says the fight against extremism in the region must go hand-in-hand with pursuing greater "freedom, equality and justice."
UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon called on Friday for a peaceful solution to territorial disputes in the South China Sea, where China's increased assertiveness has alarmed its smaller neighbors.
The Irish voted on Friday on whether to allow gay marriage, just two decades after Ireland became the last country in Western Europe to decriminalise homosexuality.
A Polish court on Friday adjourned until mid-September a hearing on whether to extradite filmmaker Roman Polanski to the United States over a 1977 child sex crime conviction.
China on Friday took umbrage over Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's wife visiting the controversial Yasukuni Shrine, a memorial for Japanese soldiers killed in World War-II, including convicted war criminals.
The Islamic State group on Friday kept up a counteroffensive that has rocked US strategy, seizing a key border crossing after capturing an Iraqi provincial capital and a renowned Syrian heritage site.
An unexploded 50kg World War II live bomb has been uncovered near UK's national football stadium here, forcing authorities to evacuate hundreds of people living nearby.
The brother of the Nigerian man allegedly killed by his 14-year-old wife told AFP Friday that he accepted the decision to drop murder charges against the girl after being offered financial compensa
A senior US diplomat called on Myanmar Friday to grant its persecuted Rohingya minority citizenship rights as a way to help reduce the current exodus of migrants across the Bay of Bengal.
Macedonian authorities handed over to Kosovo on Friday the bodies of nine ethnic Albanian gunmen killed in clashes with the police earlier this month, officials said.
Iraq`s top Shi`ite cleric, Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani, called on Friday for a plan to purge the country of Islamic State militants after they overran the city of Ramadi.
A top Israeli diplomat, in a video seen by AFP on Friday, has instructed envoys to quote the Bible as giving Jews sovereignty over the entire Holy Land, including the West Bank.
An Indian national along with two other people was charged with conspiracy to trick distressed homeowners into selling their residences and reaping millions of dollars through the fraud.
European Commission head Jean-Claude Juncker teased Hungarian Premier Viktor Orban over his strongman reputation Friday, jokingly greeting him as "dictator" as he arrived at an EU summit in Riga.
After following a DNA lead collected from a pizza crust, US authorities have arrested a suspect in the grisly murder of a Washington family.
An Indian-origin councillor on Friday took charge as the mayor of Britain's Wokingham Borough Council, the first ever Sikh to hold this position.
Islamic State (IS) militants continued on Friday their advance on the Syrian province of Homs, bordering Iraq, and took control of a vital gas plant, according to the Syrian Observatory of Rights Human (SOHR).
It could take months to clean up the estimated 105,000 gallons of crude oil spilled on Tuesday from a pipeline rupture on the Californian coast of Santa Barbara, according to the US Coast Guard.
Two children were killed and 21 others injured today when a kindergarten bus fell into a pond in China's southern Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region.
London, May 22 (IANS) A London cab driver has been jailed for life with a minimum term of 38 years for the murder of a US soldier in a roadside bombing in Iraq in 2007, media reported on Friday.
British Prime Minister David Cameron on Friday said that he is determined to reform Britain`s relationship with the European Union (EU) as he seeks to kickstart talks with European leaders on his plans.
Police arrested several anti-junta activists Friday for small protests marking a year since Thailand`s generals seized power from the elected government, as the defiant junta leader said the country "may have collapsed" without his intervention.
Iconic Eiffel Tower was shut to tourists on Friday as staff walked off the job to protest a surge in gangs of pickpockets roaming around the monument.
China declared victory on Friday over an encounter with a US surveillance aircraft overflying the contested South China Sea, saying its military "drove away" the intruder with radio warnings.
Myanmar`s navy on Friday handed over to the country`s western Rakhine State government 208 Bangladeshi nationals who were found drifting at sea on a migrant boat.
Afghan government has enlisted hundreds of militia fighters controlled by local commanders to battle Taliban militants near the northern city of Kunduz, officials said, underlining how the armed forces are struggling to tackle the insurgency alone.
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'