Russia's defence ministry denied a claim by a US official Thursday that four Syria-bound Russian cruise missiles fired from the Caspian Sea had crashed in Iran.
The congenial 50-year-old Californian, who as majority leader has built connections among conservatives and moderates alike.
European Union nations agreed on Thursday to speed up the deportation of failed asylum seekers as they took a harder line toward tackling the worst migration crisis since World War II.
Pope Francis' opposition to nuclear weapons boosted his chances, alongside his help in brokering a deal between the US and Cuba.
Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper rejected Thursday a report accusing his office of holding up the resettlement of Syrian refugees, less than two weeks before legislative elections.
At the moment, children in France only need their identity card or passport to travel.
Israeli and Russian military officials have met in Tel Aviv to sort out a mechanism that would prevent accidents between their forces as Russia continues its operations in Syria, the Israel Defence Forces (IDF) has said.
US Secretary of State John Kerry has expressed concern over Russia's military action in Syria especially against non-Islamic State targets.
Asserting that the US needs an immigration system that is fair, orderly and lawful, President Barack Obama has said his government is taking steps to reach out to people who are eligible to become citizens and attract immigrant entrepreneurs as well as educate STEM students.
A top international protection expert for the UN refugee agency UNHCR on Thursday warned of growing risks of the lack of commitment from governments worldwide to the core human rights and rule of law principles and called the current refugee crisis "a crisis of values".
A leading Republican presidential candidate has favoured substantial increase in the number of H-1B visas, arguing that there is shortage of highly skilled manpower in the US, according to media reports.
The US has warned its nationals against traveling to Nepal citing concern about recent incidents of violence in the earthquake-ravaged country which might affect its tourism sector.
India's top automobile company Mahindra & Mahindra will host its fifth national dealer meeting in the US' Kansas City to celebrate the firm's rapid growth in North America.
A Palestinian was shot dead on Thursday evening in clashes with Israeli police in the Palestinian refugee camp of Shu'fat near east Jerusalem, medics said.
A total of 58,559 people died violent deaths in Brazil in 2014, or about 160 every day-- and police actions were the second-biggest cause, new statistics have said.
Finance ministers from 20 of the countries most vulnerable to climate change have launched the "V20" group to pool resources for their fight against the impact of global warming.
Indian President Pranab Mukherjee will receive honorary doctorates from three leading universities in Jordan, Palestinian Authority and Israel during his maiden six-day visit to West Asia starting next week.
In a first of its kind development, a top American commander in Afghanistan recently visited India to hold talks with senior Indian leadership on the country's role in the war-torn Afghanistan vis-a-vis Pakistan and China.
At least 15 people were killed and 30 others wounded on Thursday in a mortar barrage in Iraq's eastern province of Diyala and a gunmen attack in the northern city of Kirkuk, security sources said.
Rome Mayor Ignazio Marino resigned today following a scandal over his expense accounts that became the convenient final straw in a months-long campaign by opponents inside and out of his Democratic Party to force him from office.
The US official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the missiles landed in Iran on Wednesday, confirming a story first reported by CNN.
Israeli police said they would reimpose a ban on men under the age of 50 attending Friday Muslim prayers at Jerusalem's Al-Aqsa mosque compound after a new wave of stabbing attacks.
The US is committed to the principle of the freedom of navigation in the disputed South China Sea, the White House said today reaffirming its position that it favours peaceful resolution of territorial conflicts.
The multi-nation Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal, which aims to link 40 per cent of the world's economy, is the core of Obama Administration's Asia-Pacific policy, the White House said today.
Urged on by the United States, NATO is open to keeping more troops in Afghanistan than initially planned after 2016, but officials said today the alliance is waiting for the Obama administration to announce its decision on a larger military presence there.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said today Israel was facing a "wave of terror" that was mostly unorganised, pledging action against those inciting violence, but warning there was no "magic solution."
The cooperation between India and the US in meeting modern-day governance challenges such as tackling terrorism and megacity policing is part of a "new paradigm" of collaboration between the world's two largest democracies, India's Ambassador to US Arun K Singh today said.
A rocket carrying a secret payload for the US government has successfully launched from the central California coast.
The Russian Defence Ministry posted a graphic on its website showing 26 missiles overflying Iran and Iraq before striking inside Syria.
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Bihar polls: Alert sounded ahead of PM Modi's rallies in Bihar
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Check out the general knowledge of these UP panchayat candidates
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Indian economy badly affected due to terror attacks: Moody's
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- Varanasi violence: Photos show police setting fire to bikes
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued
- Top 10 films of Salman Khan
- The Pot Simmers: Beef Politics in UP; Beef Festival in Kerala
- Karisma Kapoor's estranged hubby Sanjay Kapur to marry long-time girlfriend?
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Shahid reveals how he “connected” with wife Mira
- Murder of foreigners cannot destabilise Bangladesh: Sheikh Hasina
- David Beckham backs Carlo Ancelotti to return to EPL
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi