Federal forces and Kurdish peshmerga fighters gained ground in several areas, but the jihadists were hitting back with shelling, sniper fire, suicide car bombs.
"Following a request of the Ministry of Interior, we have frozen accounts of all top suspected terrorists, including Masood Azhar, son of Allah Bux," said a senior official of the State Bank of Pakistan.
Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon today warned British Prime Minister Theresa May of holding an independent referendum if Scotland's vote against Brexit is "not respected".
The "Euphrates Shield" operation was launched in northern Syria on August 24 to fight both the Islamic State jihadist group and a Kurdish militia.
At least 131 persons, including 74 militants, were killed and 150 others injured in clashes in an Iraq's Kirkuk city, sources reported on Monday.
The deal has been suspended because of objections from one of its regions, Wallonia, BBC reported.
Five persons were killed on Monday when a plane crashed in Malta near the runway soon after take-off and subsequently burst into flames, officials said.
At least seven persons were killed and 94 injured in an explosion in a house in China's Shaanxi province on Monday, authorities said.
"A rocket was fired at southern Israel from the Gaza Strip," Israeli Army said.
The death toll in last week`s train crash in Cameroon has climbed to 79 after rescuers finished combing through the wreckage, authorities said Monday.
A group of former US diplomats held closed door talks at the weekend with senior Pyongyang officials, even as international efforts gather pace to further isolate North Korea, diplomatically and economically.
At least 32 militants were killed as Afghan forces thwarted Taliban offensive to capture Faizabad district in Jauzjan province, an official said on Monday.
Israel's air force hit a Hamas post in the Gaza Strip today after a rocket was fired from the Palestinian enclave toward Israel, the military said.
In a scathing attack on Hillary Clinton, Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has said his Democratic rival was responsible for emboldening Iran like never before and bringing endless "humiliation" for America.
France began clearing the so-called "Jungle" migrant camp in the northern city of Calais on Monday ahead of its planned demolition.
Donald Trump proves himself unfit for presidency "every single day", US President Barack Obama has said as he slammed the Republican leaders for going along with the rhetoric of the party's White House nominee till recently.
Supporting Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump's vision on immigration and terrorism, prominent Indian-Americans have said the mood in the US is "anti-establishment" and the country cannot afford any more of Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton's "bad judgements".
Iraqi forces battled Sunday through booby traps, sniper fire and suicide car bombs to tighten the noose around Mosul, while also hunting Islamic State group jihadists behind attacks elsewhere in th
Hacked emails from the personal account of Hillary Clinton's top campaign official show her aides considered inserting jokes about her private email server into her speeches at several events and at least one joke made it into her remarks.
Migrants began arriving early Monday at official meeting points set by French authorities as part of the full evacuation of the Calais "Jungle" camp, according to an AFP journalist at the scene.
Officials say, 14 people, including 10 children, were injured in a multi-car crash on Interstate 95 in Maryland.
Washington A little more than two weeks before the November 8 presidential elections, US Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton and her Republican opponent Donald Trump have begun the final stretch o
Russian inspectors on Monday will start observation flights over the Turkish territory under the Open Skies Treaty to monitor its compliance, a senior Russian defense official said.
Clinton, the Democratic former secretary of state, leads 50 percent to 38 percent in a four-way contest with two minor party candidates, according to a ABC News poll.
The Kurdish forces, known as peshmerga, said they "cordoned off" eight villages northeast of Mosul and are now less than 9 kms from its outskirts.
Sheikh Hasina said, "Awami League must come back to power to take the nation forward towards its goal of becoming a poverty-free nation."
"One person will be responsible if democracy is derailed," Imran, the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chairman said while referring to Sharif as he addressed the media outside his Bani Gala residence here.
Clashes and air strikes shook the Syrian city of Aleppo, a monitor said on Sunday, as heavy fighting resumed after the end of three-day truce declared by government ally Russia.
With deals over USD 12 billion in kitty this month, including leasing of a second nuclear submarine, Russia hopes to bag more projects as it termed itself as not just a business partner but an "ally" who stood by India in its "darkest hours".
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- PM Modi appeals people to wish army officials this Diwali
- ADHM row: Twinkle Khanna slams Raj Thackeray for demanding Army funds from producers
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Manipur: CM Okram Ibobi Singh escapes unhurt as militants open fire
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Massive fire breaks out at scrap factory in Bihar
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Ways to overcome negativity
- DNA: Today in History | October 24, 2016
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Ways to overcome negativity - Part IV
- Injured BSF jawan Gurnam Singh dies in J&K hospital
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months
- Sushant Singh Rajput's Twitter commentary of MS Dhoni's innings at Mohali is a Must Read
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- Crisis in Samajwadi Party: 'Helicopter kya tumhare baap ka hai?' - Why Shivpal Yadav asked this to a man in audience
- IND vs NZ: Scott Styris leaves commentary box after losing bet involving Kedar Jhadav - VIDEO
- 'Amar Singh said something big will happen in October in Samajwadi Party' - Akhilesh Yadav's big revelation
- On Wriddhiman Saha's birthday, Virender Sehwag unleashes another gem on Twitter
- Indian ISIS operative says he met Paris bombing accused in Iraq last year