The total number of child brides in Africa will rise from 125 million to 310 million by 2050 if current trends persist, meaning almost half of the world's child brides will be African, a UNICEF report released on Thursday warned.
Pope Francis on Thursday urged global action against illegal trafficking of blood diamonds, ivory and other natural resources, saying it caused political instability and "terrorism".
Germany plans to send Tornado reconnaissance jets to support the fight against the Islamic State group in Syria, the defence spokesman of Chancellor Angela Merkel's conservatives said on Thursday.
A 75-year-old Indian-origin Maoist leader in the UK charged with modern day slavery, sexual assault and imprisonment of his own daughter on Thursday denied the charges and said his women followers competed among themselves to make sexual advances on him.
Charles gained entry to the Indiana Medical History Museum – formerly the Central Indiana Hospital for the Insane – on multiple occasions, a court heard.
Hammond made the 6 am call from a payphone outside his home.
Arrest warrants have been issued for a Thai general and two senior police officers for royal defamation, authorities said on Thursday, part of a snowballing probe linked to the palace that has seen two suspects die in military custody.
UN refugee chief Antonio Guterres warned on Thursday that closing borders on Muslims fleeing violence by Islamic State is counterproductive and only risks helping the group grow stronger.
Russia's state-owned RIA Novosti news agency is reporting that Russia has already deployed long-range air defence missiles at its base in Syria.
Earlier, hacker group Anonymous had declared war against the ISIS following the deadly terror attack in Paris.
Pakistan's federal minister for housing Akram Khan Durrani escaped unhurt on Thursday in an IED blast which killed two people in the volatile northwest of the country, police said.
Pakistan is fully capable of defending itself from any Indian aggression, Defence Minister Khawaja Asif asserted on Thursday.
Since the Paris attacks on November 13 by French and Belgian Islamic State militants, there have been reports of threats against mosques used by Belgium's half million Muslims.
Putin slammed the Turkish leadership for deliberately steering the Russia-Turkey ties into the dead end, which he said was "regrettable".
The 12 were added to the list due to their involvement in Hezbollah operations, and their companies' financing of the group's militia activities.
The new building will provide a house of Hindu worship to an ever-growing population of Indians and other Hindu nationalities in Australia's second largest city.
Sarosh Zaiwalla's appointment will enable him to join an illustrious group of members, drawn from countries like Brazil, France, India, Japan, Malaysia, the UK.
Miss World Canada Anastasia Lin was prevented from boarding her connecting flight in Hong Kong.
Britain should join air strikes against the Islamic State group in Syria and should not "sub-contract" its security to allies, Prime Minister David Cameron said on Thursday in a written statement t
South Korea on Thursday buried former president Kim Young-Sam, following a snow-swept state funeral for the man whose 1992 election victory brought a formal end to more than 30 years of military rule.
Customs officials along the Russian border are scrutinising Turkish goods due to "various reasons" including a possible terrorist threat, a spokesman for Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Thursday.
Europe's top human rights court is upholding France's headscarf ban in the case of a Muslim social worker who lost her hospital job because she would not remove her scarf.
French nuclear giant Areva on Thursday said it had linked up with Hitachi GE Nuclear Energy to help Japan dismantle boiling-water nuclear power stations.
Pakistan's High Commissioner to India Abdul Basit on Thursday stated that the world should unite to combat terrorism.
Pope Francis claims he fears mosquitoes more than people and laughs off security fears surrounding his trip to three African countries in the wake of recent terror attacks in France and Mali.
Fifteen people were killed in Russia on Thursday when a civilian helicopter crashed in Siberia, regional authorities said.
US President Barack Obama signed a defence bill that includes restrictions on transfer of prisoners from Guantanamo Bay to Washington which will directly affect the shut down of the prison, the media reported on Thursday.
Angry demonstrators chanted and marched through the streets of Chicago for a second day as a graphic video of a white police officer shooting a black teenager 16 times left President Barack Obama "deeply disturbed".
Russia is very likely to strike back, warned a state-run Chinese daily over the downing of a Russian fighter jet by Turkey. It added that the Kremlin's next move will influence the future development of this emergency.
- DNA: Analysis of Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' remark
- DNA: Analysis of Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' remark- Part 2
- DNA: List of World's 'most racially intolerant' countries
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- DNA: Reality check on how Muslims are treated around the world
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- DNA: 12 years on, Nadimarg Kashmiri Pandits massacre still rankles
- Why did Aamir Khan talk about 'intolerance' before Parliament Session?
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- RJD-JD(U) legislators forcibly occupy govt bungalows in Bihar
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Details out: What Rahul Gandhi did during his two-month-long sabbatical
- When Sushma Swaraj was in charge of Modi government
- Ind vs SA, 3rd Test: Hosts look to trap Proteas in spin web
- Pakistani terror convict gets 40-year jail by US court
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists
- Intolerance issue: AR Rahman expresses solidarity with Aamir Khan, says he too faced similar situation
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Salt water bath: Know why it's good for your health!