The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) has reportedly released photos showing its militants destroying what are understood to be looted artefacts from the ancient city of Palmyra in Syria.The pictures showed six statues being hit with sledgehammers as a crowd looked on, reported the BBC.
Four Indian-Americans are among 38 individuals being honoured for having "helped advance and enlighten our society, culture, and economy" as "Great Immigrants: The Pride of America" by Carnegie Corporation of New York.
At least 150 people have been killed in an attack believed to have been carried out by Boko Haram militants in Nigeria`s north-eastern Borno state.
An explosion rocked the headquarters of Mexico`s National Human Rights Commission, the organization said Thursday, though no injuries were immediately reported.
Tokyo voiced its frustration on Friday a year after North Korea said it had started re-investigating the fate of Japanese kidnapped by Pyongyang`s spies decades ago, with no new leads in sight.
Rough seas on Friday forced Philippines rescuers to suspend the search for dozens of people still missing a day after a ferry disaster claimed at least 38 lives.
Pope Francis embarks Sunday on an eight-day visit to Ecuador, Bolivia and Paraguay, three of South America`s `peripheral` countries which share common challenges in addressing poverty, inequality and the legacies of past authoritarian regimes.
A Chinese company plans to demand its employees seek approval to get pregnant and fine those who conceive a child without permission, reports said, provoking a media firestorm Friday.
Two years after the army deposed president Mohamed Morsi, Egypt is roiled by brazen Islamic State group attacks in the Sinai Peninsula and brutal government repression that has killed hundreds.
A strong earthquake with a magnitude of 6.1 hit China`s western region of Xinjiang on Friday, the US Geological Survey (USGS) said.
A nurse in South Korea`s capital city tested positive for the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) virus on Friday, authorities said.
Still going strong at 81, Italian nun and midwife Sister Maria Concetta Esu recently asked Pope Francis to bless her hands, which have delivered more than 34,000 African babies.
A coalition airstrike in Syria has killed a senior Islamic State leader, who has been responsible for moving fighters and weapons from Libya to Syria, the Pentagon has said.
A French judicial probe has found a series of "tragic" errors caused an Air Algerie plane to crash in the Malian desert last year with 116 people on board, Le Figaro reported Thursday.
Malaysia has told the UN Security Council that it plans to submit a resolution soon that would establish an international tribunal to prosecute those responsible for shooting down a Malaysia Airlines plane over Ukraine last year.
Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak had close to $700 million in deposits from troubled state fund 1MDB wired into his personal account, the Wall Street Journal reported on Friday, citing documents from a government probe.
Four workers were killed and two others were missing Friday when a waste water storage tank exploded at a chemical plant in the South Korean industrial city of Ulsan, authorities said.
An earthquake with a magnitude of 6.1 struck China`s far western region of Xinjiang on Friday, the US Geological Survey said.
A Frenchwoman accused of killing eight of her newborns over more than a decade has been sentenced to nine years in prison after a dramatic murder trial.
Agonising talks towards a grand bargain nuclear deal between Iran and major powers looked set today to drag into the weekend and beyond, with stubborn differences still separating the two sides in Vienna.
A senior Islamic State leader who recruited funds and fighters and procured weapons for the jihadists has been killed in a coalition air strike in Syria, the Pentagon said Thursday.
Burundi`s parliamentary election was not free, fair, transparent or credible and violations of human rights and fundamental freedoms were committed, the United Nations said on Thursday.
US President Barack Obama has one wish for the Republicans trying to succeed him: that the odds are ever in their favor.
Suspected Boko Haram militants have killed nearly 150 people in northeastern Nigerian villages, mowing down men and children while they prayed in mosques and shooting women preparing food at home, witnesses said Thursday.
At least 14 people including a senior army officer were killed on Thursday when a train carrying soldiers fell into a canal in Pakistan following the partial collapse of a bridge, as a government minister hinted at sabotage.
Militants killed at least six United Nations soldiers on Thursday in northern Mali, in one the deadliest ever attacks on the world`s most dangerous peacekeeping mission, claimed by Al-Qaeda`s north African arm.
Former US senator Jim Webb of Virginia, a Vietnam war veteran who served as secretary of the navy, announced Thursday he is running for president, challenging frontrunner Hillary Clinton for the Democratic nomination.
Malaysia told the Security Council on Thursday that it plans to present a draft resolution soon on creating a UN tribunal to try those responsible for the downing of a Malaysia Airlines flight over Ukraine.
An Afghan soldier hailed as a hero for defending parliament from a Taliban assault has been arrested after a fatal traffic accident in Kabul involving a car he had been given as a reward, the Ministry of Interior said on Thursday.
Five people were killed in a methane gas explosion at a coal mine in central Colombia, the head of the national disaster management agency said Thursday.
- Shahid-Mira's wedding card is out!
- I dream of a Digital India where knowledge is strength: PM Modi
- ISI funding NGOs in India to promote terror: RAW
- DNA: This genius farmer in Raipur builds drone using garbage dump!
- Nehru's Wikipedia page 'edited' by Govt department, alleges Congress
- Cases of drunken driving on the rise in Mumbai
- Bajrangi Bhaijaan is really special for Salman Khan
- Amarnath Yatra begins amid tight security arrangements
- DNA analyses PM Modi's Digital India programme
- Court Stops the Release of Sunny Deol's film Mohalla Assi
- Bihar polls: PM Modi to address first election rally in Muzaffarpur on July 25
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- How safe is your digital currency?
- IOA offers financial aid to Satnam Singh's academy
- Fast N Facts @7:30 pm
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Look inside: Shahid, Mira Rajput's wedding card, Gurgaon hotel set for big day!
- Indian Ocean cannot be backyard of India: China
- India celebrates National Doctors' Day, expresses gratitude for their indispensable service
- MK Stalin denies slapping man onboard Chennai Metro, Jayalalithaa condemns incident
- ‘ABCD 2’ dancer Nilesh Nirbhavane arrested for gang-raping mentally challenged girl
- Delhi HC slams AAP govt for declaring farmer Gajendra Singh as martyr
- Former FIFA vice president Jack Warner tells US to prepare for long, hot summer
- Kiren Rijiju 'delays' Air India flight, three 'offloaded' to accommodate him