Eight explosions, mostly targeting the security forces, rocked the Iraqi towns of Baquba and Baladruz on Sunday, security officials said, forcing the authorities to seal off the area.
Islamic State fighters have killed at least 400 people in Syria`s ancient city of Palmyra, most of them women and children, Syrian state television said on Sunday.
Four members of a family were killed when a roadside bomb struck a civilian car in eastern Afghanistan on Sunday, police said.
A Syrian military helicopter crashed on Sunday at the northern air base of Kweiras, killing all its crew, state TV said, as an activist group said it was shot down by Islamic State militants.
Pope Francis called on the international community on Sunday to help migrants crossing the Bay of Bengal and the Andaman Sea, thousands of whom have been stranded on boats with dwindling supplies.
French police have arrested a man who called in a false bomb alert to an airport to delay his girlfriend's flight because she was in danger of missing it, prosecutors said today.
Ukraine`s pro-Russian rebels rushed Sunday to dispel speculation that a bloody internal battle for control of Moscow`s money was behind the gangland-style slaying of a top warlord.
Chinese police have busted 68 organised gangs and arrested 600 people here after conducting raids against prostitution, gambling and illicit drug use.
Islamic State group supporters and a monitoring group said jihadists shot down a government helicopter in northern Syria early Sunday, but state media said the aircraft had suffered technical problems.
China, the world's biggest gold producer, has set up a gold sector fund involving countries along the ancient Silk Road which is expected to raise USD 16.1 billion.
Saudi Arabia has confirmed that Friday's suicide bombing at a Shiite mosque in the east of the country that killed 21 was carried out by an Islamic State militant, backing up an earlier claim by the group.
The United States has said it was "deeply troubled" after Russian President Vladimir Putin officially enacted a controversial law banning what Moscow deems to be "undesirable" non-governmental organizations.
In an indicator of warming ties between China and Japan after three years of tense relations, President Xi Jinping has welcomed an unusually large Japanese delegation even as he cautioned Tokyo against any attempt to distort its wartime history.
Medical charity Medecins sans Frontieres (MSF, Doctors Without Borders) said Sunday it had launched emergency treatment centres in Tanzania, where thousands of Burundians fleeing unrest have been hit by cholera.
At least five former pupils, including two brothers, from a London-based school are believed to have been killed while fighting in Syria and Iraq with the dreaded Islamic State terrorists.
British Prime Minister David Cameron plans to slap a pay freeze on his ministers until 2020 in an attempt to show that the new government will share in new austerity cuts.
Thousands of tourists and Singaporeans have attended the first ever week-long contemporary art exhibition on Gautama Buddha ahead of the Vesak Day on June 1.
Indian boys were beaten 0-1 after a tough fight against hosts Tajikistan in the AFC Under-14 Regional Festival Of Football at the FC Istiklol Academy Ground here.
Ireland`s newspapers said Sunday that the country had dramatically changed and confirmed its emergence from the shadow of the traditionally powerful Catholic Church by voting in favour of gay marri
Nigeria`s biggest mobile phone operator MTN has warned that its network faces shutdown due to fuel shortages that have crippled the nation.
French car giant Renault has offered a cash payment to striking workers in western Turkey where a wage dispute has hit the thriving Turkish car sector ahead of June 7 elections.
French police have arrested a man who called in a false bomb alert to an airport to delay his girlfriend`s flight because she was in danger of missing it, prosecutors said Sunday.
The African Union has demanded sanctions and an arms embargo be imposed on South Sudan`s warring leaders to stem an escalation in the country`s 17-month-old civil conflict.
Saudi Arabia`s King Salman said on Sunday he was heartbroken over a suicide bombing that killed 21 people in eastern Saudi Arabia, saying anyone linked to the attack or who sympathises with it will be brought to justice, state news agency reported.
Myanmar has enacted a population law that rights groups said Sunday targets persecuted Rohingya Muslims, a minority group at the centre of a migration crisis that has seen thousands flee the country.
Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott on Sunday said the government is scheduled to introduce tougher measures on Australian citizens who joined the Islamic State (IS) terror group.
Spaniards voted Sunday in elections that could see the anti-austerity protest movement conquer city halls and transform Spanish politics.
On the streets of Burundi`s capital, protesters have spent a month fighting running battles with police, erecting barricades and demanding President Pierre Nkurunziza end his third term bid for power.
A delegation from Bangladesh has departed for Myanmar to verify the nationality of 208 human trafficking victims, who were recently rescued from the sea.
Thousands of demonstrators formed a human chain around Japan`s parliament in Tokyo on Sunday, protesting the planned construction of a new US airbase on the southern island of Okinawa.
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27