The EU also agreed to open a new chapter in Turkey's stalled bid for membership of the bloc.
President Barack Obama laid a single rose at a memorial for the victims of the Paris attacks on Monday shortly after arriving in the city, visiting the Bataclan, the concert hall where the deadliest attacks took place during the onslaught some two weeks ago.
World leaders launch a whirlwind day of talks in the French capital on Monday aimed at forging an elusive agreement to stave off calamitous global warming.
The PM Modi will address the summit in the plenary conference hall "Seine" on Monday at the leaders` event where the aim of the summit is to reach a landmark global deal on limiting greenhouse gas emissions.
Iran and Russia have emerged as the staunchest backers of President al-Assad`s rule in Syria.
Obama and more than 150 world leaders are gathering for the opening days of a two-week conference where countries are trying to negotiate an agreement aimed at avoiding a destructive increase in global temperatures.
John McCain, the chair of the Senate Committee on Armed Services, criticised current US strategy as insufficient and unsuccessful in defeating the jihadists.
Hollande said that these disruptive elements have nothing to do with defenders of the environment.
ISIS chief Sheikh Abu Muhammad al-Adnani, a Syrian preacher, will be at the top of Britain’s so-called “kill list” when the strikes are launched.
Air Force One, the presidential plane, took off late morning from Joint Base Andrews near the US capital.
Salah reportedly told his friend that his brother blew himself up in Paris massacre.
Sally Jones, alias Mrs Terror, is a Muslim convert and her terrorist husband was recently in a US drone strike.
In the first picture released, Charlotte is seen to now have a full head of hair as she sits in a chair with her toy.
In the last month alone IS executed 53 people -- including 35 civilians -- in areas it controls in Syria, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.
The United Nations has accused the ISIS of "crimes against humanity".
Johnny Max Mount shot Julia Brightwell, 52, in the head for doing her job by enforcing the no-smoking policy at a Waffle House on Friday.
The Malta summit emphasised the link between global warming and migration.
A truck carrying bricks was set ablaze by Maoist cadres in Dhading district, some 60 kilometres west of Kathmandu.
As hundreds of thousands of people joined worldwide protests, the human chain aimed to send a symbolic message to leaders on the eve of the climate summit.
Pakistan PM Sharif apprised other leaders that Pakistan was also cooperating with the international community to deal with militancy.
Berlin on Thursday offered France Tornado reconnaissance jets, a naval frigate, aerial refuelling and satellite images in the fight against the IS group.
The kill list was created from intelligence supplied by GCHQ, the government's eavesdropping service, and the US National Security Agency.
In an address at the presidential palace shortly after landing in the capital Bangui, the 78-year-old pontiff called for unity and to avoid "the temptation of fear of others, of the unfamiliar, of what is not part of our ethnic group, our political views or our religious confession."
More than 900 women are standing in the December 12 municipal elections, which will also mark the first time women are allowed to vote.
The strikes hit the Idlib province town of Ariha, which is controlled by the Army of Conquest, a rebel alliance of mainly Islamist groups, including Al-Qaeda affiliate Al-Nusra Front, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.
Rami Abdulrahman, director of the Observatory, said a total of at least 60 people had been killed and wounded in the attack.
South Korea`s major labour group vowed Sunday to hold a massive anti-government protest this week.
Voters in Burkina Faso began casting ballots Sunday for a new president and parliament, hoping to turn the page on a year of turmoil.
The body of a Russian pilot killed when his plane was shot down by Turkey last week will be handed over to a Russian representative, Ahmet Davutoglu said.
The US National Security Agency (NSA) on Sunday ended its mass phone surveillance programme and replaced it with a focused and targeted domestic surveillance programme.
- Watch: Amateur footage of a boy falling from Mumbai local train
- ISI agent arrested by STF in Uttar Pradesh
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Prashant Bhushan ridicules Arvind Kejriwal's Janlokpal
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Syed Ahmed Bukhari takes a jibe at Azam Khan
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- The 'struggle' of Kashimiri Pandits
- Is Arvind Kejriwal deceiving people by diluting the clauses of Jan Lokpal?
- Turkey: Prominent human rights activist killed in attack
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Sunny Leone's 'Baby Doll' in 'Mastizaade'?
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- No protest against Modi, he is our PM: Jamia's media co-ordinator on convocation row
- On the eve of Pakistan match, Sourav Ganguly offered to resign as India captain in 2005
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- I've nothing to do with Shahrukh Khan-Kajol's chemistry in 'Dilwale': Varun Dhawan