New Delhi: A minor fire was reported at one of the rooms located on the second floor of the Prime Minister's Office (PMO) in the wee hours on Tuesday.
According to ANI, the fire was reported at the Room No. 242 of the PMO around 3.35 am.
— ANI (@ANI) October 17, 2017
''At around 3.35 am we got a call in our control room that a fire broke out in PMO's room number 242," Divisional Fire Officer Gurmukh Singh said.
Fire tenders were immediately rushed to the spot, which took care of the situation and doused the fire in less than 20 minutes.
Singh said the fire broke out due to sparking in the computer's UPS.
No casualties have been reported into the incident. The room belonged to a section officer posted at the PMO.