New Delhi: Krishnamurthy Subramanian, a top-ranking IIT-IIM alumnus, has been appointed as the new Chiec Economic Advisor for a period of 3 years.
Subramanian is currently serving as Associate Professor of Finance and Executive Director for the Centre for Analytical Finance at the Indian School of Business.
The government on June 30 invited applications for the appointment of CEA on deputation basis after Arvind Subramanian quit the office ahead of completion of his term.
Here is looking at Krishnamurthy Subramanian profile (based on LinkedIn and isb.edu/faculty results)
- Subramanian holds a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology in Kanpur.
- He has done his MBA from the Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta.
- He holds a Ph.D. from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business.
- His Ph.D. dissertation earned the prestigious Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation Dissertation Fellowship, which recognizes the top 15 Ph.D. dissertations across all disciplines in the United States each year.
- Krishnamurthy Subramanian is one of the world’s leading experts in banking and economic policy.
- He is also a member of the Board of Directors at Bandhan Bank and the National Institute of Bank Management.
- In 2014 Subramanian was named ISB’s inaugural Alumni Endowment Research Fellow for his work and research on the Indian banking sector.