- 2 tblsp butter
- 1/4 cup vermicelli (sevaiyan)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup chopped dried fruits
- 2 tbsp raisins (kishmish)
- 2 tbsp dates (khajur)
- 1 tsp chirongi nuts (charoli)
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tblsp rose water
- cardamom powder for garnishing
- Heat the butter in a deep pan, add the vermicelli and cook till it turns golden brown.
- Add the sugar and milk.
- Cook till the sugar completely dissolves.
- Add the dry fruits and raisins.
- Mix well and allow it to cook on low flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the dates, charoli, cardamom powder and rose water and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- If the sheer korma is too thick, add a little hot water and mix gently.
- Remove from the flame and serve hot or cold, according to taste.
- Garnish it with cardamom powder before serving.
Watch how you can make 'Meethi Sewaiyan':