200 fall ill in Madhya Pradesh after inhaling toxic gas

Around 200 people including women and children fell ill after inhaling some unknown toxic gas in three villages of Umraoganj area here today, official sources said.

Raisien (MP), Oct 14: Around 200 people including
women and children fell ill after inhaling some unknown toxic
gas in three villages of Umraoganj area here today, official
sources said.

Around 200 people in Kirat Nagar, Mendua and Nayapara
Tola villages complained of vomiting and burning sensation in
their eyes while some of them fell unconscious after inhaling
gas that emanated from unidentified source," District
Collector Arun Bhat told a news agency.

Nearly 150 people were sent for treatment to a Bhopal
hospital where their condition was declared to be stable, he
said.

A team of state pollution control board inspected
factories, the nearby Mandeep Industrial Area and some camps
of paramilitary force to ascertain the origin and nature of
gas.

"The situation is under control and there is no need
for panic. People undergoing treatment in Bhopal are also
expected to return to their respective villages very soon,"
hospital sources in Bhopal said.

Bureau Report

Zee News App: Read latest news of India and world, bollywood news, business updates, cricket scores, etc. Download the Zee news app now to keep up with daily breaking news and live news event coverage.
Tags: