BENGALURU: Karnataka went to polls early on Saturday morning with 4.94 crore voters exercising their franchise to decide the fates of over 2500 candidates, contesting from 222 assembly seats.
Remember that, you can only vote from the your allocated polling booth in a certain constituency if your name in the voter's list or the electoral roll.
Sounds easy right? But how can you check your name on the list?
Below, we present a quick guide on how to check your name on the voter's list online:
Step 1: Karnataka Chief Electoral Officer website
1. Go to the official website of the Chief Electoral Officer (CEO), Karnataka: http://ceokarnatakatemp.kar.nic.in.
2. Now from the options below, click on 'Search my Name in Voter List' link.
3. Now search for your registered name via one of the following
- Search with Electoral Photo ID Card (EPIC) number.
- Search with Name and Other Details
- Search Status of Application through your Cellphone number
- If you're unable to access that 'Search my Name in Voter List' link, try the alternation Mirror sites: 'Search Name-Mirror Site-1', 'Search Name-Mirror Site-2'
- Alternatively, you can also click on Electoral Rolls list and search for your name
Step 2: National Voters’ Services Portal
You can also search for your name by accessing on the National Voters’ Services Portal: http://electoralsearch.in/. Just enter the details asked and results will reflect on screen.
Step 3: Polling booth details
If you're sure about your name in the voter's list and just want to know the details of your polling station, such as address and other details, you can simply send an SMS.
SMS your EPIC (Voter ID) card Number to +91 9731979899:
Type KAEPIC <space> ID Card No.
Send to +91 9731979899.
Step 4: How to vote without Voter ID card?
If your name is on the electoral roll, but you do not have the EPIC card, you can still vote. Carry a valid ID card that can act as alternative photo ID cards to the polling booth. ID cards accepted by the Election Commission are:
- Driving License
- Aadhaar Card
- PAN Card
- Authenticated Photo Voter Slip issued by the election machinery
- Service Identity Cards with photograph issued to employees by Central/State Govt PSUs/Public Limited Companies
- Passbooks with photograph issued by Bank/Post Office
- Smart Card issued by RGI under NPR
- MNREGA Job Card
- Health Insurance Smart Card issued under the scheme of Ministry of Labour
- Pension document with photograph
- Official identity cards issued to MPs/MLAs/MLC