close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

Badaun Lok Sabha constituency of Uttar Pradesh: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Badaun Lok Sabha Constituency of Uttar Pradesh.  

Badaun Lok Sabha constituency of Uttar Pradesh: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File Photo

Badaun Lok Sabha Constituency is one of 80 parliamentary constituencies of the state of Uttar Pradesh. It came into existence prior to the 1952 elections. 

Badaun registered 56.70 per cent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 1.35 per cent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1890129 while the total voter turnout is 1071744. While in 2014, the constituency registered 58.05 per cent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1767738 while the total voter's turnout was 1026140.

Dharmendra Yadav of Samajwadi Party, Saleem Iqbal Shervani of Indian National Congress and Dr. Sanghmitra Maurya of Bharatiya Janata Party are a few prominent candidates contesting for general elections 2019 from Badaun Lok Sabha Constituency of Uttar Pradesh.

The Badaun Parliamentary constituency (constituency number 23) comprises of five Vidhan Sabha segments of which one is reserved for the SC category. 

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Badaun Lok Sabha Constituency of Uttar Pradesh.

Uttar Pradesh Lok Sabha constituencies: All you need to know

SL. NO. Candidate Name Party Name
1 Dharmendra Yadav Samajwadi Party
2 Saleem Iqbal Shervani Indian National Congress
3 Dr. Sanghmitra Maurya Bharatiya Janata Party
4 Kailash Kumar Mishra All India Forward Bloc
5 Mahesh Shrivastav Kalyankari Jantantrik Party
6 Atul Kumar Independent
7 Kirpa Shankar Shakya Independent
8 Swami Paglanand Independent
9 Hari Singh Independent

Also read: Badaun Lok Sabha constituency

The electors in the Badaun Lok Sabha Constituency cast their votes on April 23 in the third phase of 2019 Lok Sabha election. The results would be declared on May 23.

Dharmendra Yadav of the Samajwadi Party is the incumbent Member of Parliament from the Badaun Lok Sabha constituency.