close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

Bangalore Rural Lok Sabha constituency of Karnataka: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates from Bangalore Rural Lok Sabha constituency of Karnataka.

Bangalore Rural Lok Sabha constituency of Karnataka: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File Photo

Bengaluru Rural Lok Sabha constituency is one of the 28 Lok Sabha constituencies in the southern state of Karnataka. Voting here for the 2019 Lok Sabha election took place on April 18. The result will be out on May 23.

Bangalore Rural registered 64.89 per cent voter turnout in Lok Sabha Election 2019, a gain of 1.55 per cent from 2014. The total number of electors in the constituency is 2497141 while 1620440 came out to exercise their franchise. While in 2014, the constituency registered 66.44 per cent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 2190159 while 1455174 voted.

Ashwathnarayangowda of the Bharatiya Janata Party, Dr Chinnappa Y Chikkahagade of the Bahujan Samaj Party, D.K. Suresh of the Indian National Congress, Rama. T.C of the Socialist Unity Centre Of India (COMMUNIST) are some of the most prominent names who contested the Lok Sabha election 2019 from Bangalore Rural Lok Sabha constituency in Karnataka.

Here is the full list of candidates from Bangalore Rural Lok Sabha constituency of Karnataka:

Karnataka Lok Sabha constituencies: All you need to know

SL. NO. Candidate Name Party Name
1 ASHWATHNARAYANGOWDA Bharatiya Janata Party
2 DR CHINNAPPA Y CHIKKAHAGADE Bahujan Samaj Party
3 D.K. SURESH Indian National Congress
4 N. KRISHNAPPA Pyramid Party of India
5 D M MADEGOWDA Republican Sena
6 RAMA. T.C SOCIALIST UNITY CENTRE OF INDIA (COMMUNIST)
7 MANJUNATHA. M Uttama Prajaakeeya Party
8 Dr. M VENKATASWAMY Republican Party of India (A)
9 VENKATESHAPPA Sarva Janata Party
10 ESWARA Independent
11 B. GOPAL Independent
12 H.T. CHIKKARAJU Independent
13 M.C. DEVARAJU Independent
14 J.T. PRAKASH Independent
15 RAGHU JANAGERE Independent

Also read: Bangalore Rural Lok Sabha constituency

Bengaluru Rural constituency was created in 2008 as part of the delimitation. Bengaluru Rural Lok Sabha constituency covers eight assembly segments –  Kunigal, Rajarajeshwarinagar, Bangalore South, Anekal, Magadi, Ramanagara, Kanakapura and Channapatna.

In the 2014 Lok Sabha election, D. K. Suresh of the Indian National Congress – roared to victory by winning by a margin of over 2.31 lakh votes. He had defeated Muniraju Gowda P. of the Bharatiya Janata Party. In the year 2009, H.D.Kumaraswamy of the Janata Dal (Secular) won with a margin of over 1.30 lakh votes. He defeated  C. P. Yogeeshwara of the BJP.