The Bardoli parliamentary constituency is reserved for candidates belonging to the Scheduled Tribes. Bardoli is one of the richest producers of sugar in the country. As approved in the Delimitation of Parliamentary and Constituencies Order of 2008, the parliamentary constituency of Bardoli came into existence in 2008.
Bardoli registered 73.57 percent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 1.05 percent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1826189 while the total voter turnout is 1343578. While in 2014, the constituency registered 74.62 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1613947 while the total voter's turnout was 1204337.
It first held elections in 2009 and its first Member of Parliament was Tushar Amarsinh Chaudhary of Congress party.
The current sitting member of parliament of Bardoli constituency is Parbhubhai Nagarbhai Vasava of BJP.
In the 2009 Lok Sabha election, Congress' Tushar Amarsinh Chaudhary had secured with 47.86% votes against BJP's Riteshkumar Vasava, who had got 40.77% votes. In the 2014 Lok Sabha election, BJP's Parbhubhai Vasava won the seat beating Tushar Amarsinh Chaudhary with a margin of 123,884 votes.
Prabhubhai Vasava has retained the seat on BJP ticket for the upcoming Lok Sabha election while Congress has named Tusharbhai Amarsinhbhai Chaudhari as its candidate from the seat.
Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Bardoli Lok Sabha constituency of Gujarat.
|1||CHAUDHARI DR. TUSHARBHAI AMARSINHBHAI||Indian National Congress|
|2||DINESHBHAI GULABBHAI CHAUDHARI||Bahujan Samaj Party|
|3||PARBHUBHAI NAGARBHAI VASAVA||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|4||GAMIT KAUSHIKBHAI VIRENDRABHAI||Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Party|
|5||GAMIT MOHANBHAI BABUBHAI||Bahujan Republican Socialist Party|
|6||GAMIT SURESHBHAI BABUBHAI||Svatantra Bharat Satyagrah Party|
|7||VASAVA UTTAMBHAI SOMABHAI||Bhartiya Tribal Party|
|8||ARVINDBHAI BHANABHAI RATHOD||Independent|
|9||UMEDBHAI BHIMSINGBHAI GAMIT||Independent|
|10||PRAGNESHBHAI RATILAL CHAUDHARI||Independent|
|11||VASAVA FATESINGBHAI VAHRIYABHAI||Independent|
|12||SURESHBHAI MOTIYABHAI CHAUDHARI||Independent|
Apart from these, Fatesingbhai Vahriyabhai Vasava, Pragneshbhai Ratilal Chaudhari, Arvindbhai Bhanabhai Rathod, Sureshbhai Motiyabhai Chaudhari, Umedbhai Bhimsingbhai Gamit and Semanbhai Kevjibhai Vasava are contesting as Independents from the seat.
Presently, Bardoli Lok Sabha constituency comprises seven legislative assembly segments. These are — Mangrol, Mandvi, Kamrej, Bardoli, Mahuva, Vyara and Nizar.