close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

Bijnor Lok Sabha constituency of Uttar Pradesh: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Bijnor Lok Sabha constituency of Uttar Pradesh. 

Bijnor Lok Sabha constituency of Uttar Pradesh: Full list of candidates, polling dates
Representational image

Bijnor is one of the 80 Lok Sabha constituencies in Uttar Pradesh. Voting for Lok Sabha election in Uttar Pradesh will be held in seven phases and Bijnor went to polls in the first phase on 11 April. Counting for the election will be held on May 23.

Bijnor registered 65.98 percent voter turnout in Lok Sabha Election 2019, a loss of 1.85 percent from 2014. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1659659 while 1094969 came out to exercise their franchise. While in 2014, the constituency registered 67.83 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1559872 while 1058085 voted.

Bijnor Lok Sabha constituency comprises of five assembly segments namely, Bijnor, Chandpur, Hastinapur from District Meerut, Meerapur from District Muzaffarnagar and Purqazi from District Muzaffarnagar.

The first phase of voting in 8 constituencies of Uttar Pradesh ended on April 11. The fate of 23 candidates will be decided on May 23 when counting of votes takes place and the result is declared. The total voter turnout recorded in UP was 64 percent.

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Bijnor Lok Sabha constituency of Uttar Pradesh.

1 SONU Jansatta Party
2 RAJA BHARATENDRA SINGH Bharatiya Janata Party
4 NASIMUDDIN SIDDIQUI Indian National Congress
7 RAJIV CHOUDHARY Bhartiya Kisan Party
9 MOHD. ZAHID Independent
10 ILAM SINGH Pragatishil Samajwadi Party (Lohia)
11 PARVEJ AQIL All India Minorities Front
12 MUKESH KUMAR All India Forward Bloc
13 ANSH CHAITANYA MAHARAJ Hindusthan Nirman Dal
14 MALOOK NAGAR Bahujan Samaj Party
18 BABLOO RAM Bharatiya Sarvodaya Kranti Party
19 SARTAJ Republican Party of India
20 MAHAK SINGH Independent
21 MANGERAM Peoples Party of India (Democratic)
22 FIROJ AALAM United Democratic Front Secular
23 SHAMIM Independent

In the 2014 election, Bharatiya Janata Party's (BJP) Kunwar Bharatendra Singh defeated his closest rival Samajwadi Party's (SP) Shahnawaz Rana winning with a margin of 205774 votes.

Uttar Pradesh Lok Sabha constituencies: All you need to know

In the 2009 election, Rashtriya Lok Dal's (RLD) Sanjay Singh Chauhan won the seat bagging 244587 votes. Chauhan got a tough fight from Bahujan Samaj Party's (BSP) Shahid Siddiqui who secured 30.55 per cent or 216157 votes.