close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

Bolangir Lok Sabha Constituency of Odisha: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Bolangir Lok Sabha Constituency of Odisha.  

Bolangir Lok Sabha Constituency of Odisha: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File Photo

Bolangir is one of the 21 Lok Sabha constituencies of Odisha. This constituency consists of seven Vidhan Sabha assemblies of which two are reserved for the SC category. 

Bolangir registered 74.38 per cent voter turnout in Lok Sabha Election 2019, a loss of 0.32 per cent from 2014. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1742962 while 1296487 came out to exercise their franchise. While in 2014, the constituency registered 74.70 per cent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1562587 while 1167240 voted.

Kalikesh Narayan Singh Deo of Biju Janata Dal, Rana Nag of Bahujan Samaj Party, Samarendra Mishra of Indian National Congress and Sangeeta Kumari Singh Deo of  Bharatiya Janata Party are a few prominent candidates contesting the general election 2019 from the Bolangir Lok Sabha Constituency of Odisha.

It was formed before the elections of 1962. Before delimitation in 2008, the legislative assembly segments, which constituted this parliamentary constituency were - Nawapara, Titilagarh, Kantabanji, Patnagarh, Saintala, Loisinga and Bolangir. 

Odisha Lok Sabha constituencies: All you need to know

SL. NO. Candidate Name Party Name
1 Kalikesh Narayan Singh Deo Biju Janata Dal
2 Rana Nag Bahujan Samaj Party
3 Samarendra Mishra Indian National Congress
4 Sangeeta Kumari Singh Deo Bharatiya Janata Party
5 DINESH NAG Ambedkarite Party of India
6 Suresh Kumar Putel Bahujan Mukti Party
7 Hrudananda Karuan SOCIALIST UNITY CENTRE OF INDIA (COMMUNIST)
8 Dr. Bipin Kusulia Independent

Also read: Bolangir Lok Sabha Constituency

Kalikesh Narayan Singh Deo of the Biju Janata Dal (BJD) is the incumbent Member of Parliament from the Bolangir parliamentary constituency.

In 2014 Lok Sabha election, Kalikesh Narayan Singh Deo was elected from this seat

The electors in the Bolangir Lok Sabha Constituency cast their votes on April 18 in the second phase of 2019 Lok Sabha election.

The results would be declared on May 23.