Gautam Buddha Nagar is one of the 80 Lok Sabha constituencies in Uttar Pradesh. Voting for Lok Sabha election in Uttar Pradesh will be held in seven phases and Gautam Buddha Nagar went to polls in the first phase on 11 April. Counting for the election will be held on May 23.
Gautam Buddha Nagar registered 57.97 percent voter turnout in Lok Sabha Election 2019, a loss of 2.41 percent from 2014. The total number of electors in the constituency is 2297478 while 1331908 came out to exercise their franchise. While in 2014, the constituency registered 60.38 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1983160 while 1197405 voted.
Gautam Buddha Nagar Lok Sabha constituency comprises of five assembly segments namely, Noida, Dadri, Jewar, Sikandrabad and Khurja. Khurja is a Scheduled Caste reserved assembly segment.
The first phase of voting in 8 constituencies of Uttar Pradesh ended on April 11. The fate of 21 candidates will be decided on May 23 when counting of votes takes place and the result is declared. The total voter turnout recorded in UP was 64 percent.
Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Gautam Buddha Nagar Lok Sabha constituency of Uttar Pradesh.
|1||ASHOK KUMAR ADHANA||Independent|
|2||Dr. MAHESH SHARMA||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|3||Dr. Arvind Kumar Singh||Indian National Congress|
|4||Satveer||Bahujan Samaj Party|
|6||VINOD KUMAR NAGAR||Rashtriya Bharatiya Jan Jan Party|
|7||SURENDRA||Bhartiya Bhaichara Party|
|8||DAYRAM||Aapki Apni Party (Peoples)|
|9||SHER SINGH UPADDHAYA||Rashtriya Janta Party|
|10||RAMPAL||Rashtriya Samaj Paksha|
|11||JAGDEEP SINGH||Loktantrik Janshakti Party|
|13||VINOD SHARMA||All Indian Rajiv Congress Party|
|14||BRIJESH KORI||Swatantra Jantaraj Party|
|15||JITENDRA SINGH||Pragatishil Samajwadi Party (Lohia)|
|16||SUBHASH CHANDRA GOYAL||Independent|
|18||EKLAKH||Rashtriya Ulama Council|
|19||SHWETA SHARMA||Aam Aadmi Party|
|21||RAGHUVENDRA KUMAR||Subhashwadi Bhartiya Samajwadi Party (Subhas Party)|
In the 2014 election, Bharatiya Janata Party's (BJP) Mahesh Sharma defeated his closest rival Samajwadi Party's (SP) Narendra Bhati, winning with a margin of 280212 votes.
In the 2009 election, Bahujan Samaj Party's (BSP) Surendra Singh Nagar won the seat bagging 2,45,613 votes. Mahesh Sharma gave a tough fight to the Bahujan Samaj Party candidate bagging 2,29,709 votes before ending at the second spot.
BJP has yet again nominated Mahesh Sharma from the seat. Bahujan Samaj Party's (BSP) Satbir Nagar and Congress candidate Arvind Kumar Singh are also in the fray in the seat.