Jhansi Lok Sabha Constituency is one of the 80 Lok Sabha constituencies of Uttar Pradesh. The parliamentary constituency of Jhansi was formed in 1951.
Jhansi registered 67.58 per cent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 0.7
per cent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 2039741 while the total voter turnout is 1378482. While in 2014, the constituency registered 68.28 per cent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1931741 while the total voter's turnout was 1318952.
Anurag Sharma of Bharatiya Janata Party, Shyam Sundar Singh of Samajwadi Party and Shivsharan of Indian National Congress are a few prominent candidates contesting for general elections 2019 from Jhansi Lok Sabha Constituency of Uttar Pradesh.
Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Jhansi Lok Sabha Constituency of Uttar Pradesh.
|SL. NO.||Candidate Name||Party Name|
|1||Anurag Sharma||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|2||Shyam Sundar Singh||Samajwadi Party|
|3||Shivsharan||Indian National Congress|
|4||Gaurishankar||Kisan Raksha Party,|
|5||Jagat Vikram Singh||Pragatishil Samajwadi Party (Lohia)|
|6||Dilshad Ahmed Siddique||Swatantra Jantaraj Party|
|7||Shruti Agarwal||Bundelkhand Kranti Dal|
The Assembly Constituencies that fall in Jhansi parliamentary constituency are - Babina, Jhansi Nagar, Mauranipur (SC), Lalitpur and Mehroni (SC).
The voting in this parliamentary constituency took place in the fourth phase of the 2019 Lok Sabha polls on April 29. The results will be declared on May 23.
Uma Bharati of BJP had won from this constituency in the 2014 Lok Sabha polls. In the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, Bharti has secured 575889 votes and defeated Dr Chandrapal Singh Yadav of the SP who got 385422.