Kanpur Lok Sabha Constituency is one of the 80 Lok Sabha constituencies of Uttar Pradesh. The parliamentary constituency of Kanpur was formed prior to 1951 constituency elections.
Kanpur registered 51.48 per cent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 0.35
per cent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1631296 while the total voter turnout is 839870. While in 2014, the constituency registered 51.83 per cent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1610615 while the total voter's turnout was 834799.
Ram Kumar of Samajwadi Party, Sriprakash Jaiswal of Indian National Congress, Satyadev Pachauri of Bharatiya Janata Party and Balbir Singh Chandel of Shivsena are a few prominent candidates contesting for general elections 2019 from Kanpur Lok Sabha Constituency of Uttar Pradesh.
Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Kanpur Lok Sabha Constituency of Uttar Pradesh.
|SL. NO.||Candidate Name||Party Name|
|1||Ram Kumar||Samajwadi Party|
|2||Sriprakash Jaiswal||Indian National Congress|
|3||Satyadev Pachauri||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|4||Alok Kumar||Sabhi Jan Party|
|5||Poonam Shukla||Bhartiya Shakti Chetna Party|
|6||Balbir Singh Chandel||Shivsena|
|7||Mukti Yadav||Bharatiya Rashtriya Morcha|
|9||Chandra Bhan Sankhwar||Rashtriya Janmat Party|
|10||Javed Mohammad Khan||Independent|
|11||Triveni Narayan Jaiswal||Adhunik Bharat Party|
|13||Ram Gopal Uttam||Independent|
|14||Shivam Kushwaha||Aajad Bharat Party (Democratic)|
This constituency currently comprises of five Vidhan Sabha segments which are - Govind Nagar, Sishamau, Arya Nagar, Kidwai Nagar and Kanpur Cantonment.
The voting in this parliamentary constituency took place in the fourth phase of the 2019 Lok Sabha polls on April 29. The results will be declared on May 23.
Dr Murli Manohar Joshi had won from this constituency in the 2014 Lok Sabha polls. In the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, BJP stalwart bagged 474712 votes and defeated Congress leader and former Union Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal who got 251766 votes.