Keonjhar Parliamentary Constituency is one of the 21 Lok Sabha constituencies of the state of Odisha.
Keonjhar registered 78.16 per cent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 2.54 per cent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1515641 while the total voter turnout is 1184697. While in 2014, the constituency registered 80.70 per cent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1345300 while the total voter's turnout was 1085720.
Ananta Nayak of Bharatiya Janata Party, Chandrani Murmu of Biju Janata Dal, Durga Chandra Pingua of Bahujan Samaj Party and Mohan Kumar Hembram of Indian National Congress are a few noted candidates for general election 2019 from the Keonjhar Lok Sabha Constituency of Odisha.
It was formed before the elections of 1957. The Keonjhar Lok Sabha Constituency (constituency number 4) is reserved for the ST.
Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Keonjhar Lok Sabha Constituency of Odisha.
|SL. NO.||Candidate Name||Party Name|
|1||Ananta Nayak||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|2||Chandrani Murmu||Biju Janata Dal|
|3||Durga Chandra Pingua||Bahujan Samaj Party|
|4||Mohan Kumar Hembram||Indian National Congress|
|5||Prafulla Nayak||All India Forward Bloc|
|6||Ramesh Laguri||Bahujan Mukti Party|
|7||Dr. Sudarshan Lohar||Rashtriya Indepndent Morcha|
|8||Lalmohan Hansda||Akhil Bharat Hindu Mahasabha|
The election here was conducted on April 23, 2019, as per the Phase III schedule announced by the ECI. The results will be declared on May 23.
Sakuntala Laguri of BJD is the incumbent Member of Parliament from this constituency. In the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, Sakuntala Laguri bagged 434471 votes and defeated Ananta Nayak of the BJP.