close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

Mainpuri Lok Sabha constituency of Uttar Pradesh: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Mainpuri Lok Sabha Constituency of Uttar Pradesh.

Mainpuri Lok Sabha constituency of Uttar Pradesh: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File Photo

Mainpuri is one of the 80 Lok Sabha constituencies of the state of Uttar Pradesh. Mainpuri Lok Sabha constituency, which was formed prior to the elections of 1952, is considered to be a Samajwadi Party bastion for long.

Mainpuri registered 56.79 per cent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 3.83 per cent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1715993 while the total voter turnout is 974487. While in 2014, the constituency registered 60.62 per cent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1647176 while the total voter's turnout was 998538.

 

Prem Singh Shakya of Bharatiya Janata Party, Mulayam Singh Yadav of Samajwadi Party and Ombeer Lodhi of Jan Seva Sahayak Party are a few prominent candidates contesting for general elections 2019 from Mainpuri Lok Sabha Constituency of Uttar Pradesh.

The Mainpuri Parliamentary constituency (constituency number 21) is composed of five Vidhan Sabha segments with one of being reserved for the SC category.

Uttar Pradesh Lok Sabha constituency: All You Need To Know 

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Mainpuri Lok Sabha Constituency of Uttar Pradesh.

 

SL. NO. Candidate Name Party Name
1 PREM SINGH SHAKYA Bharatiya Janata Party
2 MULAYAM SINGH YADAV Samajwadi Party
3 OMBEER LODHI Jan Seva Sahayak Party
4 KULDEEP KUMAR Bhartiya Kisan Party
5 CHAKRAPAN Jan Adesh Akshuni Sena
6 TEJ PRATAP SINGH JATAV Moulik Adhikar Party
7 RAJAT KUMAR Bhartiya Jan Nayak Party
8 RAVINDRA SINGH KATAR Bhartiya Navodaya Party
9 SHYAM SINGH Swatantra Jantaraj Party
10 HARIRAM SHAKYA Voters Party International
11 RAVINDRA SINGH YADAV Independent
12 SAVENDRA SINGH Independent

Also read: Mainpuri Lok Sabha constituency

The five Vidhan Sabha segments that come under the Mainpuri Lok Sabha constituency are Mainpuri, Bhongaon, Kishni (SC), Karhal and Jaswantnagar. 

The election here was conducted on April 23, 2019, as per the Phase III schedule. The results would be declared on May 23.