Mathura Lok Sabha Constituency of Uttar Pradesh: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Mathura Lok Sabha Constituency of Uttar Pradesh.

Mathura Lok Sabha Constituency of Uttar Pradesh: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File Photo

Mathura Lok Sabha Constituency is one of the 80 parliamentary constituencies of Uttar Pradesh. The Mathura Parliamentary constituency was formed prior to 1951 constituency elections.

Mathura registered 60.48 percent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 3.85 percent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1799321 while the total voter turnout is 1088206. While in 2014, the constituency registered 64.33 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1675664 while the total voter's turnout was 1077941.

Mathura Lok Sabha constituency comprises of five Vidhan Sabha segments one of which one is reserved for the SC category.

It is one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world, famous for being the birthplace of Lord Krishna.

Uttar Pradesh Lok Sabha constituencies: All you need to know

SL. NO. Candidate Name Party Name
2 MAHESH PATHAK Indian National Congress
3 HEMA MALINI Bharatiya Janata Party
4 OMPRAKASH Swatantra Jantaraj Party
6 JAGVIR SINGH Pragatishil Samajwadi Party (Lohia)
7 JASVANT SINGH BAGHEL Rashtriya Shoshit Samaj Party
8 JASVEER SINGH Rashtriya Naujawan Dal
9 DINESH GAUTAM Bhartiya Anarakshit Party
10 RAMDEV GAUTAM Bhartiya Lok Seva Dal
11 PRAMOD KRISHNA Independent
12 PHAKKAD BABA Independent
13 RAMDAS TYAGI Independent

Also read: Mathura Lok Sabha Constituency 

Actor-politician Hema Malini Dharmendra of the BJP is the sitting Member of Parliament from the Mathura Lok Sabha constituency.

In the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, Hema Malini of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) was elected from this seat. She defeated Jayant Chaudhary of the Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) and Yogesh Kumar Dwivedi of the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) who stood at the third place in the electoral battle here.

Hema Malini got 574,633 as against Jayant Chaudhary who got 243,890 votes in 2014 polls.

The electors in the Mathura Lok Sabha Constituency cast their votes on April 18 in the second phase of 2019 Lok Sabha election. The combined results of the seven-phased 2019 Lok Sabha election will be declared on May 23.

Zee News App: Read latest news of India and world, bollywood news, business updates, cricket scores, etc. Download the Zee news app now to keep up with daily breaking news and live news event coverage.