Muzaffarpur Lok Sabha Constituency, is one of 40 Lok Sabha constituencies in the eastern state of Bihar and went for the 2019 polls on May 6.
Muzaffarpur registered 62.12 percent voter turnout in Lok Sabha Election 2019, a loss of 0.53 percent from 2014. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1921047 while 1193307 came out to exercise their franchise. While in 2014, the constituency registered 62.65 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1675417 while 1049579 voted.
Ajay Nishad of Bharatiya Janata Party, Swarnlata Devi of Bahujan Samaj Party and Pradeep Kumar Singh of Shivsena are some of the prominent names that will contest the Lok Sabha election 2019 from Muzaffarpur Lok Sabha constituency in Bihar.
Voting for Lok Sabha election in Bihar were held in all the seven phases and counting will be held on May 23.
Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Muzaffarpur Lok Sabha Constituency of Bihar.
|SL. NO.||Candidate Name||Party Name|
|1||Ajay Nishad||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|2||Swarnlata Devi||Bahujan Samaj Party|
|3||Anirudh Singh||All India Forward Bloc|
|4||Jauhar Azad||Bahujan Mukti Party|
|5||Devendra Rakesh||Bajjikanchal Vikas Party|
|6||Dharmendra Paswan||Bharatiya Momin Front|
|7||Nandan Kumar||Janata Party|
|8||Nageshwar Prasad Singh||Rashtriya Rashtrawadi Party|
|9||Pankaj Kumar||Aap Aur Hum Party|
|10||Pradeep Kumar Singh||Shivsena|
|11||Mohamad Idris||SOCIALIST UNITY CENTRE OF INDIA (COMMUNIST)|
|12||Raj Bhushan Choudhary||Vikassheel Insaan Party|
|13||Renu Khari||Jan Adhikar Party|
|14||Shiv shakti Monu||Bihar Lok Nirman Dal|
|15||Shiva Bihari Singhania||Bharat Nirman Party|
|16||Sukhdeo Prasad||Voters Party International|
|17||Sudhir Kumar Jha||Yuva Krantikari Party|
|18||Surendra Ray||Rashtriya Hind Sena|
Muzaffarpur constituency covers six assembly segments – Gaighat, Aurai, Bochahan, Sakra, Kurhani and Muzaffarpur.
In the 2014 Lok Sabha election, Ajay Nishad of the Bharatiya Janata Party won by getting a huge margin of over 2.22 lakh votes. He had defeated Akhilesh Prasad Singh of the Indian National Congress (INC). Nishad had secured 469295 votes while Singh got 246873 votes.