close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

Perambalur Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Perambalur Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu.

Perambalur Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File Photo

Perambalur is one of the 39 parliamentary constituencies of the southern state of Tamil Nadu. This constituency was formed before the 1952 elections.

Perambalur registered 78.69 percent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 1.33 percent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1391011 while the total voter turnout is 1094644. While in 2014, the constituency registered 80.02 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1284269 while the total voter's turnout was 1027679.

The polling was done in the second phase on April 18, 2019, and the result will be out on May 23, 2019.

Tamil Nadu Lok Sabha constituencies: All you need to know

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Perambalur Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu.

SL. NO. Candidate Name Party Name
1 SIVAPATHY, N.R All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam
2 PAARIVENDHAR, T. R Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam
3 MUTHULAKSHMI, R. Bahujan Samaj Party
4 SHANTHI, K. Independent
5 Senthilvel, A. Ulzaipali Makkal Katchy
6 RAJASEKARAN, M. Ezhuchi Tamilargal Munnetra Kazhagam
7 VINOTHKUMAR, S. Tamil Nadu Ilangyar Katchi
8 ANNADURAI, V. Independent
9 ANANDRAJ, B. Independent
10 RAJASEKARAN, M. Independent
11 UTHAMASELVAN, N. Independent
12 KARUPPAIYA, M. Independent
13 SABABATHI, S. Independent
14 SURESH, K. Independent
15 PACHAMUTHU, P. Independent
16 MURUGAN, P. Independent
17 RAJASEKARAN, T. Independent
18 VINCENT MELBONE, J. Independent
19 JAVEED HUSSAIN, T. Independent

RP Marutharajaa of the ADMK is the sitting MP of the Perambalur parliamentary constituency.

In 2014 Lok Sabha Election, Marutharajaae had decimated S Seemanur Prabu of the DMK with a margin of 2,13,048 votes.

In 2009 Lok Sabha election, D Napoleon of DMK had defeated KK Balasubramanian of ADMK.

Napoleon bagged 398742 votes against Balasubramanian who secured 321138 votes.

The constituency has a total population of 17,06,672, of which, 77.66% live in rural areas and 22.34% in urban.