close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

  • 542/542 TARGET 272
  • BJP+

    354BJP+

  • CONG+

    90CONG+

  • OTH

    98OTH

Sitapur Lok Sabha constituency of Uttar Pradesh: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Sitapur Lok Sabha Constituency of Uttar Pradesh.

Sitapur Lok Sabha constituency of Uttar Pradesh: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File Photo

Sitapur Lok Sabha constituency is one of the 80 Lok Sabha constituencies in Uttar Pradesh. 

Sitapur registered 63.80 percent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 2.42 percent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1665745 while the total voter turnout is 1062712. While in 2014, the constituency registered 66.22 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1549885 while the total voter's turnout was 1026371.

Qaiser Jahan of Indian National Congress, Nakul Dubey of Bahujan Samaj Party and Rajesh Verma of Bharatiya Janata Party are a few prominent candidates contesting for general elections 2019 from Sitapur Lok Sabha Constituency of Uttar Pradesh.

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Sitapur Lok Sabha Constituency of Uttar Pradesh.

Uttar Pradesh Lok Sabha constituencies: All you need to know

SL. NO. Candidate Name Party Name
1 Qaiser Jahan Indian National Congress
2 Nakul Dubey Bahujan Samaj Party
3 Rajesh Verma Bharatiya Janata Party
4 Anil Singh Aam Janta Party (India)
5 Abu Bakar Bharat Prabhat Party
6 Geeta Devi Bahujan Awam Party
7 Mahendra Kumar Awami Samta Party
8 Vijay Kumar Mishra Pragatishil Samajwadi Party (Lohia)
9 Turab Ali Independent
10 Pyare Lal Bhargva Independent
11 Vinod Kumar Independent
12 Shuchita Kumar Independent

Also read: Sitapur Lok Sabha constituency

It has five Vidhan Sabha segments - Biswan, Laharpur, Mahmoodabad, Sevata and Sitapur. 

The election here was conducted on May 6, 2019, as per the Phase V schedule announced by the Election Commission. The results would be declared on May 23.

Rajesh Verma of BJP is the sitting Member of Parliament from this constituency. In the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, Verma received 4,17,546 votes against Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) candidate Qaisar Jahan, who received 3,66,519 votes.