Thiruvallur Lok Sabha Constituency is one of Tamil Nadu’s 39 parliamentary constituencies. It was formed post the Presidential notification of the delimitation of parliamentary constituencies of 2008.
Thiruvallur registered 71.68 percent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 2.05 percent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1946242 while the total voter turnout is 1395121. While in 2014, the constituency registered 73.73 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1702114 while the total voter's turnout was 1254930.
Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Thiruvallur Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu.
|SL. NO.||Candidate Name||Party Name|
|1||R.Anbuchezhian||Bahujan Samaj Party|
|2||Dr.P.Venugopal||All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam|
|3||Dr.K.Jayakumar||Indian National Congress|
|4||C.Kalanithi||Anti Corruption Dynamic Party|
|5||D.Ravi Pariyanar||Republican Party of India (A)|
|6||Logarangan.M||Makkal Needhi Maiam|
|7||M.VETRISELVI||Naam Tamilar Katchi|
Venugopal P of the AIADMK is the sitting Member of Parliament of the Thiruvallur parliamentary constituency.
The electors in the Theni Lok Sabha Constituency cast their votes on April 18 in the second phase of 2019 Lok Sabha election.
The results of the 2019 Lok Sabha election will be declared on May 23.