New Delhi: In an attempt to curb down prevailing drug addiction menace, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday addressed the nation through his 'Mann Ki Baat' programme on All India Radio. He had earlier thanked the people for sharing their thoughts on the drug addiction issue.
Here are the LIVE updates:
- PM Modi concludes his radio programme 'Mann Ki Baat'.
- If you have to share your comments, suggestions or thoughts then you can write to us at: Post Box 111, Akashvani, New Delhi: PM Modi
- If you have to see the nature's beauty then visit Northeast, says PM.
- Met CMs this time and there was a retreat. No pens, papers, no officials. Only CMs and PMs sat as friends and talked about issues, says PM.
- The UN has declared June 21 as International Yoga Day. This is a matter of great pride, says PM.
- I met the Blind Cricket World Cup winners. I got lot of positive energy from them. Moreover, the Jammu and Kashmir's cricket teams' win over Mumbai despite challenges at home is praiseworthy, says PM.
- Let's start a movement with #DrugFreeIndia. This can lead to 'Lok Saksha', says PM.
- This is a pain of the nation. I'm not delivering any lecture, but trying my bit to share their pain. I want to build a responsible society to deal with such menace, says PM.
- I ask people from all walks of life to spread awareness in this regard, says PM.
I urge celebrities be it sportsman, film personalities, from all walks of life people must spread awareness on the issue: PM #PMonAIR
— All India Radio News (@airnewsalerts) December 14, 2014
- A child doesn't get influenced to bad habits all of a sudden. It's a process. Parents should observe the changes in their children and then should help their kids, says PM.
- For many consuming drugs is a style statement. They find it 'cool'. People should muster courage to say no to drugs. They should educate their friends also, says PM.
- Think before purchasing drugs. People should where does the money they spent on purchasing drugs goes? It could be a possibility that it funds terrorism and mafia. The same people's bullets then hit our Jawans, says PM.
- Drug addiction has 3 D's affects: Darkness, Destruction, devastation. I've asked for a toll free number to deal with such issue, says PM.
- Drug addiction is a psycho-socio-medical problem and we shouldn't blame the person, says PM.
- Drugs are bad not those who get addicted to it, says PM.
- Drug is such a dangerous disease that it can destroy many, says PM.
- I'm a prime servant not only prime minister, says PM.
- PM Modi begins his address.
- PM Modi to begin addressing the nation shortly.
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) December 14, 2014