Kanpur: A major fire broke out in a cardboard factory in Panki industrial area this morning, a Fire Brigade official said.
No one was injured in the fire, Chief Fire Officer S K Kushwaha said.
Raw and finished cardboard material worth lakhs of rupees was gutted in the blaze, Kushwaha said.
The fire was brought under control within an hour, he said.
The blaze could have been caused due to short circuit, Kushwaha said, adding, the department will make an official inquiry to ascertain cause behind the fire.