Hyderabad, (Pakistan), July 06: The judge of the
special anti-terrorism court hearing the Daniel Pearl murder
case took leave today, forcing the suspension of sittings
until Monday, officials said.
The defence was due to continue its arguments in the
final stages of the case into the abduction of US reporter
Pearl in January this year and his subsequent murder.
Lawyers said the judge could not attend the sittings
scheduled for today due to a family bereavement.
Yesteray, the main accused, Sheikh Omar, 28, warned there
could be a repeat of the terror attacks that hit the united
states on September 11.
The new strikes could come because of us action in
Afghanistan and an Israeli crackdown against Palestinians, he
said in a statement sent through his lawyer.
The remarks came as his main lawyer, Abdul Waheed Katpar,
wrapped up his final arguments before the special court
conducting its sittings inside a jail over fears of reprisal
Final arguments on behalf of three other accused were to
be taken up today. The trial is now in its 11th week.
A key defence witness who testified before the court
last week has said the main suspect, Omar, had handed himself
over to the police one week before he was claimed to have been