The Aadhaar card is considered one of the most important documents for people across the country. But if you lose this document or you don’t remember the Aadhaar UID or EID number? There is nothing to worry about!
The first and foremost thing you should do is file an FIR with your local police station. In order to retrieve your Aadhaar easily, you need to have such information.
- Your Aadhaar Number or Enrolment ID or Virtual ID
- Your Aadhaar Registered Mobile Number or Email Id
The second thing you can do is submit the request for lost Aadhaar UID/EID retrieval on the UIDAI website, uidai.gov.in. You can also recover your Aadhaar enrollment ID by dialing the helpline number '1947'.
Earlier, UIDAI had tweeted that "Lost Aadhaar and also lost enrolment slip? Don't worry. You can retrieve your enrolment ID by calling our helpline 1947. You can also retrieve your Aadhaar EID or UID online."
If you have registered your mobile number or email id in the Aadhaar record then you can easily retrieve your lost Aadhaar UID number. Once your Aadhaar number or Enrolment ID is sent to your registered mobile number. You can easily download the e-copy or order a reprint of your Aadhaar. You can follow these steps to retrieve your lost Aadhaar UID or EID number.
- * Visit official website https://uidai.gov.in
- On the home page, select My Aadhaar option.
- * From the given options, select Retrieve Lost or Forgotten EID/UID.
- * A new page will open with two options
- * Retrieve Aadhaar UID Number or Retrieve Aadhaar EID Number
- * Select any one option
- * Enter all the required details like Name, Email id, Mobile number
- * Enter the captcha for verification
- * Click on Send OTP option. An OTP will be shared in your registered mobile number
- * Enter the OTP received on your mobile
- * Click on Login