New Delhi: Superstar batsman Virat Kohli on Sunday scored his 24th career ODI ton in the 3rd ODI against Australia at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG).
Kohli's run-a-ball 117 runs comprised of 7 boundaries and 2 sixes.
Thanks to his first century of 2016, India managed to score 295 in the do-or-die encounter.
Here are five interesting facts about Kohli's classic in Melbourne.
1) This was Kohli's first ODI ton at the MCG.
2) The 117-run knock was Kohli's 4th century against Australia.
3) The Delhi lad is the fastest to register 24 ODI tons.
4) The 28-year-old beat AB de Villiers' record of 166 innings to score 7000 ODI runs. Kohli got there in 161.
5) Kohli, MS Dhoni and De Villiers are the only batsmen with 50+ batting average when they crossed 7000 ODI runs