Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: New Zealand cricketer Jesse Ryder has been moved out of Intensive Care Unit and thanked his supporters for their messages in his first public statement since waking from induced coma.
According to reports the 28-year-old, who was attacked outside a bar on Thursday, has been moved into a Christchurch Hospital ward after doctors found his condition to be improving.
``I just want to let everyone know that I`m okay," the statement said.
"I feel heaps better today but still really tired. I`ve been reading your messages that have been sent so thank you to everyone for thinking of me over the last few days.”
``I want to thank everyone who has been caring for me at the hospital — they have been awesome. Thank you to my family and friends who have been here also,`` it said.
Ryder is now talking but has no recollection of the assault that took place outside Aikmans Bar in Christchurch.
The police have made two arrests so far in relation to the incident.