10) Edwin Van Der Sar and Lilian Thuram hold the record of making the most appearances in the tournament with 16 matches apiece.
9) Dino Zoff and Iker Casillas hold the record for the least goals conceded in the tournament, having conceded only 1 goal throughout the tournament.
8) Michel Platini also is the all-time highest goal scorer with 9 goals, his closest competitor was Alan Shearer with 7 goals. Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Cristiano Ronaldo will be looking to break that record in this edition as they are both at 6 goals each.
7) Michel Platini holds the record for the highest goals scored in a single tournament with 9 goals.
6) Vicente Del Bosque will be looking to win the tournament a second time with Spain, as no manager has been able to win the tournament twice.
5) This is the 1st time 24 teams are participating in the tournament. Originally started in 1960 with 4 teams participating, eventually broadened to 8 tems in 1980. Further expanded to 16 teams in 1996.
4) The eventual winner of the Euro 2016 could win 27 million euros as prize money.
3) England and Portugal have never won the tournament even though participating 8 and 6 times respectively.
2) Germany and Spain are the most successful campaigners as they both have won it three times.
1) Spain are the current Champions after defeating Italy 4-0 in the finals of Euro 2012.