Bhupathi-Bopanna lose in semis
London: Indian tennis pair Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna lost their men`s doubles semifinal clash to top seeds Bob and Mike Bryan of the US in straight sets at the Aegon Championships here.
The Bryan brothers won 6-4, 6-2 in 41 minutes and will take on Austro-Brazilian fourth seeds Alexander Peya and Bruno Soares in the final at the Queen`s Club grass courts.
The Indian third seeds were clearly not in their elements as they faulted thrice in the match.
The top seeds got three chances to break, once in the first set and twice in the second, and made use of every opportunity. The Indians did not earn a single breakpoint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145