close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

Photo Gallery: Top 10 profit making companies 2017-18

Jan 23, 2019, 16:30 PM IST
1/10

The top ten profit making Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) incurred profit of Rs 98707 crore or 61.83 percent of the total profit mad3e by all the 184 profit making CPSEs during the year. While the remaining CPSEs claimed Rs 60928 crore or 38.17 percent of the total profit during the year. Indian Oil Corporation Limited, Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited and NTPC Limited were ranked first, second and third respectively amongst the top ten profit making companies contributing 13.37 perent, 12.49 percent and 6.48 percent respectively to the total profit earned by profit making CPSEs during the year 2017-18. Here are top 10 profit-making CPSEs during 2017-18:

2/10

The Public Enterprises Survey 2017-18 on the performance of Central Public Sector Enterprises, brought out by the Department of Public Enterprises, Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises said that there were 339 Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSE) in 2017-18, out of which 257 were in operation. Remaining 82 of the CPSEs were under construction.

3/10

NTPC Ltd

4/10

Coal India Ltd.

5/10

Power Grid Corporation.

6/10

Bharat Petroleum Corp. Ltd

7/10

Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd

8/10

Power Finance Corp. Ltd.

9/10

Mahanadi Coalfields Ltd.

10/10

Rural Electrification Corporation Ltd

Most Popular