20 modern Indian names for baby boys and girls and their meanings - check name list
Unique Indian names for baby boys and girls: Go through this list of unique, modern names and choose the perfect one for your baby boy or girl
- Parents put a lot of thought before naming their children
- Our names are our lifelong identity, so the naming of a child becomes all the more important
- Naming ceremonies hold special significance in Indian culture
Names of baby boys and girls: Are you soon expecting your newborn, or you are a new parent? Then selecting a name for your child will be at the top of your mind. All parents want to select a beautiful name that they hope will encompass their child's personality. In Indian culture, a child naming ceremony also holds supreme significance. So how does one go about selecting a name for their child? Parents usually settle on a letter that they want their child's name to start with it. At times, it matches the first letter of either of the parents' names and sometimes there's no connection - it might be simply a favourite letter of the parent or probably an astrologer or priest's suggestion. Whatever the case, our name is our identity, so parents put a lot of thought behind naming their kids. Let's check out 20 options for Indian baby names - 10 each for girls and boys.
Unique Indian baby boys' names
1) Aadi: It stands for the very beginning and is a boy's name
2) Advait: Someone who has no equivalent, someone unmatched. It's also another name for Brahma and Vishnu.
3) Bhavish: Future, Lord of Existence, Supreme being who is the source of Life
4) Ekansh: Whole, one, complete, absolute
5) Gaurav: Honour, pride
6) Rishaan: Refers to Lord Shiva; it can indicate a good human being, a seeker of enlightenment
7) Raahithya: A person who's prosperous
8) Samarth: Someone who is powerful
9) Prayan: Intelligence, excellence, brilliance
10) Maahir: Expert, brave
Also read: 10 rare names for baby boys and baby girls starting with S and their meanings - check list
Unique Indian baby girls' names
1) Anvika: It means powerful and complete, the powerful and strong one
2) Aabheri: A Raaga in Indian music
3) Briti: The name stands for strength; also a flower
4) Faguni: Beautiful; someone born in Falgun (a month in the Hindu calendar)
5) Haarika: Someone who's associated with Lord Venkateswara, Goddess Parvati.
6) Misha: Happy for their entire life; 'message bearer from God'
7) Navya: One who's worth praising
8) Padmaja: One born from the lotus
9) Raagavi: One who sings with Raaga, God of Raghavendra
10) Saara: A girl who is precious