New Delhi: A Mira Nair directorial 'Kama Sutra: A Tale of Love' jostled the Indian film industry when it first came to the fore in 1996. Although the film was banned in India and Pakistan due to its content, the trailer of the film has become the third most watched trailer on YouTube after Avengers and Star Wars.
"No, that’s not a typo; a trailer for the 1996 Mira Nair film Kama Sutra: A Tale of Love has been viewed 91 million times. I guess YouTube users just love Mira Nair! There’s really no other possible explanation, " a screencrush.com report read.
Here’s a top 10 list, according to the ScreenCrush report.
1. Avengers: Infinity War: 202 million views
2. Star Wars: The Force Awakens: 101 million
3. Kama Sutra A Tale of Love: 91 million
4. Fifty Shades of Grey: 89 million
5. Jurassic World: 86 million
6. Suicide Squad: 85 million
7. Incredibles 2: 84 million
8. Avengers: Infinity War, Trailer 2: 83 million
9. Avengers: Age of Ultron: 83 million
10. Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Teaser): 81 million
Kama Sutra: A Tale of Love starred Indira Varma and Sarita Chaudhury in the lead roles. The film also marked the English language debut of veteran actress Rekha. What might surprise the readers is that popular filmmaker Zoya Akhtar too had a small part to play in the film, directed by Mira Nair.