Chennai Central is one of the 39 parliamentary constituencies of the state of Tamil Nadu and is one of the three constituencies representing the Metropolitan of Chennai.
Chennai Central registered 58.69 per cent voter turnout in Lok Sabha Election 2019, a loss of 2.67 per cent from 2014. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1332135 while 781860 came out to exercise their franchise. While in 2014, the constituency registered 61.36 per cent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1327670 while 814679 voted.
Dayanidhi Maran of Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam, Parthasarathy M of Bahujan Samaj Party and Jitendra Kumar Jain (A) of the Republican Party of India are some of the most prominent candidates contesting general election 2019 from the Chennai Central Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu.
The Chennai Central Parliamentary constituency (constituency number 4) was formed before the 1977 elections and comprises of six legislative assembly segments, one of which is reserved for the SC category. The Chennai Central Lok Sabha constituency is also one of the smallest constituencies in India.
Here is the full list of candidates contesting from Chennai Central Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu.
|SL. NO.||Candidate Name||Party Name|
|1||DAYANIDHI MARAN||Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam|
|2||PARTHASARATHY.M.||Bahujan Samaj Party|
|3||KAMEELA NASSER||Makkal Needhi Maiam|
|4||KARNAN.C.S.||Anti Corruption Dynamic Party|
|5||Dr.KARTHIKEYAN. R||Naam Tamilar Katchi|
|6||GEETHALAKSHMI.V.R.||Pyramid Party of India|
|7||SASIKUMAR.S.||Tamil Nadu Ilangyar Katchi|
|8||SAM PAUL. S.R.||Pattali Makkal Katchi|
|9||SURESH BABU. D.||Desiya Makkal Sakthi Katchi|
|10||NAJIMUNNISSA||Anaithu Makkal Katchi|
|11||VALARMATHI. K.||Akila India Vallalar Peravai|
|12||JITENDRA KUMAR JAIN (A)||Republican Party of India|
|13||SHEIK MOHAMED @ DHEHLAN BAQAVII||SOCIAL DEMOCRATIC PARTY OF INDIA|
|16||Dr. GUNASEKAR. N||Independent|
|20||SAMUEL PAUL P||Independent|
|27||PUSHPARAJ. J. L.||Independent|
The electors in the Chennai Central Lok Sabha Constituency will cast their votes on April 18 in the second phase of 2019 Lok Sabha election.
The results would be declared on May 23.
SR Vijayakumar of AIADMK is the incumbent Member of Parliament from the Chennai Central Lok Sabha Constituency. In the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, SR Vijayakumar was elected from this constituency.