close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

Mahasamund Lok Sabha constituency of Chhattisgarh: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates who contested the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Mahasamund Lok Sabha constituency of Chhattisgarh. 

Mahasamund Lok Sabha constituency of Chhattisgarh: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File Photo

Mahasamund is one of 11 Lok Sabha constituencies in the central Indian state of Chhattisgarh. Voting here for the 2019 Lok Sabha election took place on April 18. The result will be out on May 23. 

Mahasamund registered 74.51 per cent voter turnout in Lok Sabha Election 2019, a loss of 0.11 per cent from 2014. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1637002 while 1219725 came out to exercise their franchise. While in 2014, the constituency registered 74.62 per cent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1515460 while 1130800 voted.

Chunni Lal Sahu of the Bharatiya Janata Party, Dhansing Kosariya of the Bahujan Samaj Party, Dhanendra Sahu of the Indian National Congress, Ashok Soni of the Ambedkarite Party Of India, Comrade Bhojlal Netam of the Communist Party Of India (Marxist-Leninist) Red Star are some of the prominent names that will contest the Lok Sabha election 2019 from Mahasamund Lok Sabha constituency in Chhattisgarh.

Here is the full list of candidates who contested the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Mahasamund Lok Sabha constituency of Chhattisgarh:

Chhattisgarh Lok Sabha constituencies: All you need to know

SL. NO. Candidate Name Party Name
1 CHUNNI LAL SAHU Bharatiya Janata Party
2 DHANSING KOSARIYA Bahujan Samaj Party
3 DHANENDRA SAHU Indian National Congress
4 ASHOK SONI Ambedkarite Party of India
5 COMRADE BHOJLAL NETAM Communist Party of India (Marxist-Leninist) Red Star
6 ROHIT KUMAR KOSRE Rashtriya Jansabha Party
7 DR. VIRENDRA CHOUDHARY Bhartiya Shakti Chetna Party
8 KHILAWAN SINGH DHRUW Independent
9 PATEL-SHRIDHAR CHANDRAKAR National Democratic Peoples Front
10 CHAMPALAL PATEL GURUJI Independent
11 JAGMOHAN BHAGWAT KOSARIYA Independent
12 TARUN KUMAR DADSENA Independent
13 DEVENDAR SINGH THAKUR (RAJPUT) Independent
14 SANTOSH BANJARE Independent

Mahasamund Lok Sabha constituency comprises of eight assembly segments - Saraipali (SC), Basna, Khallari, Mahasamund, Rajim, Bindranawagarh (ST), Kurud and Dhamtari.