close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

Tirunelveli Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Tirunelveli Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu.

Tirunelveli Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File Photo

The Tirunelveli Lok Sabha Constituency in one of the 39 parliamentary constituencies in the southern state of Tamil Nadu.

Tirunelveli registered 66.75 percent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 0.93 percent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1546212 while the total voter turnout is 1032054. While in 2014, the constituency registered 67.68 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1419585 while the total voter's turnout was 960799.

This parliamentary Constituency was formed in 1952. 

Tamil Nadu Lok Sabha constituencies: All you need to know

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Tirunelveli Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu.

SL. NO. Candidate Name Party Name
1 ESSAKKIAMMAL E Bahujan Samaj Party
2 GNANATHIRAVIAM S Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam
3 PAUL MANOJ PANDIAN All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam
4 SATHYA B Naam Tamilar Katchi
5 SIVASANKAR S Jammu & Kashmir National Panthers Party
6 SELVAGANESAN R United States of India Party
7 RAMAKRISHNAN N Naam Indiar Party
8 VENNIMALAI M Makkal Needhi Maiam
9 INDURANI S Independent
10 KAMALA KANNAN Independent
11 SELVA PRAKASH R Independent
12 BAGAVATHIKESAN T Independent
13 PAUL SOLOMON PANDIAN Independent
14 MAHARAJAN A Independent
15 MAHARAJAN V Independent
16 MANIKANDAN G Independent
17 MANIKANDAN P Independent
18 MANOHARAN P Independent
19 MURUGESAN S Independent
20 MICHAEL RAYAPPAN S Independent
21 MOHANRAJ A Independent
22 RAMASWAMY S Independent
23 RAMAMOORTHI B Independent
24 RAJIV VICTOR Independent
25 RAJKUMAR A Independent
26 RATHINASIGAMANI M Independent

Prabakaran KRP of the All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) is the present Lok Sabha MP of Tirunelveli Parliamentary Constituency.

The electors in the Tirunelveli Lok Sabha Constituency cast their votes on April 18 in the second phase of 2019 Lok Sabha election.

The combined results of the seven-phased 2019 Lok Sabha election will be declared on May 23.