Pollachi Lok Sabha Constituency is one of the 39 parliamentary constituencies of the southern state of Tamil Nadu.
Pollachi registered 70.78 percent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 2.33 percent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1520276 while the total voter turnout is 1076055. While in 2014, the constituency registered 73.11 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1380868 while the total voter's turnout was 1009486.
It was formed prior to the 1951 elections.
Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Pollachi Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu.
|SL. NO.||Candidate Name||Party Name|
|1||GANESHA MOORTHY A||Bahujan Samaj Party|
|2||SHANMUGASUNDARAM K||Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam|
|3||MAHENDRAN C||All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam|
|4||SANUJA U||Naam Tamilar Katchi|
|5||MOOKAMBIKA R||Makkal Needhi Maiam|
|7||SHANMUGASUNDARAM K N||Independent|
|14||RAJENDHIRAN R G||Independent|
Mahendran C of the AIADMK is the the sitting Member of Parliament of the Pollachi Parliamentary Constituency.
In 2014 Lok Sabha election, he had decimated ER Eswaran of the BJP.
The electors voted on April 18 in the second phase of Lok Sabha election 2019, and the combined results of the seven-phased general elections will be declared on May 23, 2019.