close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

Srinagar Lok Sabha Constituency of Jammu and Kashmir: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates from Srinagar Lok Sabha Constituency of Jammu and Kashmir.

Srinagar Lok Sabha Constituency of Jammu and Kashmir: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File Photo

Srinagar is one of six Lok Sabha constituencies in the northern state of Jammu and Kashmir. Voting here for the 2019 Lok Sabha election took place on April 18. The result will be out on May 23.

Srinagar registered 14.08 per cent voter turnout in Lok Sabha Election 2019, a loss of 11.62 per cent from 2014. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1293957 while 182190 came out to exercise their franchise. While in 2014, the constituency registered 25.70 per cent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1204958 while 309696 voted.

Sheikh Khalid Jehangir of the Bharatiya Janata Party, Farooq Abdullah of the Jammu & Kashmir National Conference , Aga Syed Mohsin of the Peoples Democratic Party and Abdul Rashid Ganie of the Jammu & Kashmir National Panthers Party are some of the most prominent names who contested the Lok Sabha election 2019 from Srinagar Lok Sabha constituency in Jammu & Kashmir.

Here is the full list of candidates from Purnia Lok Sabha constituency of Jammu & Kashmir:

Jammu and Kashmir Lok Sabha constituencies: All you need to know

SL. NO. Candidate Name Party Name
1 Sheikh Khalid Jehangir Bharatiya Janata Party
2 Aga Syed Mohsin Peoples Democratic Party
3 Abdual Rashid Ganie Jammu & Kashmir National Panthers Party
4 Farooq Abdullah Jammu & Kashmir National Conference
5 Showkat Hussain Khan Janata Dal (United)
6 Abdul Khaliq Bhat Shivsena
7 Irfan Raza Ansari Jammu & Kashmir People Conference
8 Nazir Ahmad Lone Rashtriya Jankranti Party
9 Nazir Ahmad Sofi Manvadhikar National Party
10 Bilal Sultan Independent
11 Sajjad Ahmad Dar Independent
12 Abdul Rashid Banday Independent

Srinagar Lok Sabha constituency covers 15 assembly segments –  Kangan, Ganderbal, Hazratbal, Zadibal, Idgah, Khanyar, Habba kadal, Amira Kadal, Sonawar, Batmaloo, Chadoora, Budgam,    Beerwah, Khansahib and Chrari-Sharif.

In the 2014 Lok Sabha election, Tariq Hameed Karra of the Peoples Democratic Party- won by a margin of over 42 thousand votes. However, following his resignation in 2016, bi-elections were held . Farooq Abdullah defeated PDP's Nazir Ahmad Khan by winning over 48 thousand votes.

In the year 2009, Dr. Farooq Abdullah of the Jammu & Kashmir National Conference defeated PDP candidate Iftikhar Hussain Ansari.