Advertisement
trendingNowenglish1147527

CONFIRMED: Arjun Kapoor to play the lead in ‘2 States’

Latest news has it that new actor Arjun Kapoor has officially been signed for the role of a Punjabi boy in love with a Tamilian girl.

Zeenews Bureau
Mumbai: Ever since Sajid Nadiadwala bought the rights of Chetan Bhagat’s bestselling novel ‘2 States’, much has been discussed about its lead protagonists.
While the initial choice was Shah Rukh Khan, names of Ranbir Kapoor, Irrfan Khan and other actors also did the rounds. Latest news has it that new actor Arjun Kapoor has officially been signed for the role of a Punjabi boy in love with a Tamilian girl. Sajid has also joined hands with Karan Johar and the two will together produce this ambitious project. The film will be directed by debutant director Abhishek Varman, who has worked with KJo on ‘My Name is Khan’ and is also the creative director of ‘Student of the Year’. Confirming the news to a daily, Sajid said, “For some time now, there has been speculation about this association. There has also been tremendous curiosity over the casting. The suspense is over. Karan and I are co- producing ‘2 States’ and Arjun Kapoor is our hero.`` Karan added, "Sajid is an exceptional producer. His pulse on mainstream cinema coupled with his tremendous track record has placed him in an enviable position. I`m honoured to collaborate with him on ‘2 States’; a film that I believe is one of the most traditionally identifiable love stories that I have recently read.`` The producers are also happy to have zeroed in on Arjun and state that it was a unanimous decision. "I have known Arjun since the time he weighed 140 kgs. He`s now a cool dude who`s turned out to be a good actor and a heartthrob for millions. He is the perfect hero,`` said Sajid. "Arjun is wonderful and a supremely talented addition to the young bracket of actors in the movie industry. Both Sajid and I have implicit faith in his portrayal of our protagonist,`` added Karan. Now that the two filmmakers have decided on the lead, let’s hope they stick to their decision and start filming soon. The lead actress hasn’t been finalised for the film.