close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

Araku Lok Sabha constituency of Andhra Pradesh: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Aruku Lok Sabha constituency of Andhra Pradesh.

Araku Lok Sabha constituency of Andhra Pradesh: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File Photo

Araku (ST) is one of the 25 Lok Sabha constituencies in Andhra Pradesh and came into existence in 2008 after the Delimitation Commission of India recommended implementation of delimitation of parliamentary constituencies. It is also the only ST constituency in Andhra Pradesh.

Araku registered 73.62 percent voter turnout in Lok Sabha Election 2019, a loss of 2.04 percent from 2014. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1449334 while 1067052 came out to exercise their franchise. While in 2014, the constituency registered 75.66 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1383411 while 1046628 voted.

Andhra Pradesh constituencies: All you need to know

The first phase of voting in Araku – one of the 25 parliamentary constituencies of Andhra Pradesh where polling was held - ended on April 11. The fate of 10 candidates will be decided on May 23 when counting of votes takes place and the result is declared. The total voter turnout recorded in Andhra Pradesh was 76.69 per cent.

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Aruku Lok Sabha constituency of Andhra Pradesh.

 

SL. NO. Candidate Name Party Name
1 Vyricherla Kishore Chandra Suryanarayana Deo Telugu Desam
2 Shruti Devi Vyricherla Indian National Congress
3 Dr. Kasi Viswanadha Veera Venkata SatyaNarayana Reddy Kosuri Bharatiya Janata Party
4 Goddeti Madhavi Yuvajana Sramika Rythu Congress Party
5 Vampuru Gangulaiah Janasena Party
6 Swamula Subrahamanyam Jana Jagruti Party
7 Anumula Vamsi Krishna Independent
8 Kangala Baladora Independent
9 Narava SatyaVathi Independent
10 Biddika Ramaiah Independent

In 2009 Lok Sabha election, Kishore Chandra Deo of Congress registered an easy  win here by defeating CPI(M)'s Midiyam Baburao. Tables turned completely by 2014 Lok Sabha election for both Congress and CPI(M) with YSCR's Kothapalli Geetha who won by a margin of 91,398 votes. TDP's Gummidi Sandhyarani was placed second. Geetha has since - in August of 2018, formed her own party called Jana Jagruti Party.